Search results

1. goldpython

Recommendations on laptop for Entropia?

Thanks for the info, everyone. Perhaps I'll get back in here soon. Always nice to "see" you Lykke. Hope you're well in game and out. :) Take care :)
  2. goldpython

Recommendations on laptop for Entropia?

Hi, all :) I see a few names in here I recognize from a while back, but haven't played in quite a while. In fact, my machine can't cope with the new version and so I'm wondering what a decent laptop might be to run Entropia on? gp
  3. goldpython

Entropia Universe Enters 2008 Guinness World Records Book for "Most Expensive Virtual World Object"

Nicely written article, but it circumlocutes the main economic issue: The economy is decidedly monodirectional for all players except for the large property owners and a handful of others. Out of over 600,000 accounts, I'll bet there's not more than 600 people that have their economy working in...
  4. goldpython

Pissed about it!

Maybe not every two months, but. . . Back when I played more, I put in $20 per month and that was it. Two times over a span of a year and a half, I put in more: Once $50 for a set of Vigi, and once for something else, $40 I think. A couple months I didn't put in anything. Now, to play like...
  5. goldpython

Happy birthday, Lykke!

Happy birthday a day late! :) All the best!
  6. goldpython

50k+ Losses

Interesting discussion. :) I have a couple questions: Has anyone tried methodically to figure out what the chances of profiting while hunting on taxed versus non-taxed land is? It seems that the allure is possibly that you stand a better chance of getting good loot if you're willing to pay the...
  7. goldpython

Illegal in the USA?

Those three requirements form as consise a definition for crafting, mining, and for that matter, hunting, as I've seen yet. But, Entropia as a whole does not fit this definition for reasons others have stated above and so as an online game, I think it's safely disqualified as gambling.
  8. goldpython

Illegal in the USA?

Officially, I believe it is not gambling. Unofficially, I think you'll find a certain contingent who would swear up and down that it is. Hehe. :)
  9. goldpython

50k+ Losses

I saw the initial thread, and while I'm somewhat sympathetic there is a reality to consider. I've seen it written elsewhere—it's been a while—but this is taken from Wikipedia's article on Entropia, and my own experience bears it out: Many players are attracted to Entropia by the prospect of...
  10. goldpython

Entropia mentioned in gaming article

Here's an article mentioning Entropia in the context of gaming economies. Maybe worth a quick read.
  11. goldpython

Goldpython's Diary

InGame Longblades around 1600. Don't remember what Rifle's at. Probably near 1000. Noobness abounds: Got my forth global the other day, and as it was the other times, I was so surprised that not only were the swirls gone, but I wasn't watching global chat, so by the time I turned global...
  12. goldpython

What would you do if you were part of the Balancing Team and/or Dev Team?

Restricting thoughts to the economy, I do think slight adjustments to the drops on heavily inflated items may be appropriate, but great care should be taken. I don't think it would take much there to alienate an already aggravated sector of the player base. In the larger sense, the economy is...
  13. goldpython

Inflation totally out of hands... consequences?

Point well taken, but consider this: Heavy handedness on MA's part will unbalance things just as a heavyhanded omnipitent force in RL would. MA, for the sake of balance is limited in what it can do in the very same way as the multiplicity of entities in RL is. In short, they can't actually...
  14. goldpython

Incorrect. It is a RL economy simply because anyone can, at any time, credit card a 17K PED ML five minutes after their avatar is created if they so choose. The game aspect of it—avatar development, etc.—is rendered all but irrelevant. Add in the ability to chip skills, and the idea of "game"...
  15. goldpython

No need to be sorry. You're absolutely correct. At some point in real life, most people simply accept that they'll never be a billionare or drive a late model Ferrari. They either don't have what it takes to get it, don't care enough or a bit of both. Reality in these terms can be hard enough...
  16. goldpython

Are more players a good thing?

I'm in the "virtual world" camp, which is to say, I like the idea of EU as a virtual world as opposed to a game. For that to flesh out and reach its potential, more players are needed. For that to be feasible, though, the main problem of lag has to be solved. Technology problems make that...
  17. goldpython

Flight System & Pilot Lines - Community Responsibility

You could just move into the bar at Twin. Doesn't that handle the spam and the lag, too? At least, once you're inside where the line of sight to outdoors is cut off and the chat is filtered, that is. Besides, that's where Han Solo would be. :laugh:
  18. goldpython

BEWARE Church of Lootius, Desperate House is comming for YOU

::Standing by the Church door looking confused, orientation literature still in hand:: Hey, I just got here...What?:confused: :confused: :laugh: Need to fix that siggie...
  19. goldpython

Armor upgrade question: Best modest upgrade from Vigi?

I did a set of Ghost as it turns out and it works very well for what I'm capable of in terms of skill. Plates seem like a good idea, too, so that may happen in the future. I'm keeping the Vigi, too, for drones. I do wish Ghost had a helmet instead of a mask. I just like the looks better...
  20. goldpython

Anyone Attend Virginia Tech?

Just saw the news: Glad you and yours are OK.
  21. goldpython

Favorite run to do with no armor?

It's been a long time since I ran the teleporters to get them all, but I still remember having a lot of fun doing it and really enjoying the Calypson (Calypsian?) landscape. I thought it was a fun sort of game, getting from place to place without using any armor or weapons. What would be your...
  22. goldpython

Goldpython's Diary

InGame Longblades around 1535, rifle around 960 (I think). I continue to be delightfully over-equipped for my skill level. :laugh: Picked up a set of Ghost last night and went hunting: Trox south of Ithaca, miscellaneous west of Hades, snargs and feffs east of Hades. What a wonderful...
  23. goldpython

What makes you play EU

The malls? :laugh: Just kiddin'. :)
  24. goldpython

A new trend in the EU???

If you start from the idea that frustration and disillusionment stems from expectations being different from reality, EU absolutely requires a couple things for a fun experience: Keep in mind that MA has to make money to survive. Set a limit on what you're willing to spend and don't exceed it...
  25. goldpython

PC: Ghost Male

Somewhere around +125 plus or minus?
Back