Search results

1. S

FYI: MAs Annual Financial Report for 2011

I thought I looked there, and I did.... but only on the first page. And here I was thinking this was a trending topic. I'm getting too old for this shit.
  2. S

Aww man, seriously... I need another vacation......See you back in 3 months :laugh:
  3. S

Comments from Mr. Simmonds: Comment from the Chief Executive Officer Entropia Universe participants enjoyed many improvements in 2011. One was the launch in May of Entropia’s fourth planet, Planet Arkadia. The existing planets of Calypso, RockTropia and Next Island received numerous content...
  4. S

New App for mobile devices Agreements with Knowit on the development of app MindArk signed in April 2012 agreement with Knowit on developing an app for mobile devices. The app will make available a subset of the functionality of the Entropia Universe in mobile devices, such information...
  5. S

Mindarks annual report for 2011 was released on the 12th of june. Can be found here. It is in swedish so long live google translate. Enjoy! Here a some parts of the statements made, regarding : SDS Planet Calypso back in AR Universe Ltd In December 2010, signed AR Universe AB and SEE Digital...
  6. S

Tell it like it is MA and maybe just maybe it works.

I understand the sort of people you want to come to EU, but really the premise on which is just awfull. You basically want a bunch of wealthy rich idiots to come and put in tons of money they don't seem to care about, just so life in EU can be a bit more bearable for the rest of us. This may...
  7. S

Buying: PE Open Trial CD

Well well Howzboutat?!
  8. S

New Player/ Lets Play series

Every item has a real world value, some are worth alot some hardly anything. It's advertised as free to play, but for most of the game this translates into free to pay. The platform is now based on different planets with their own theme, but the game has its roots on Calypso which has a sci-fi...
  9. S

I think in terms of advertising by cost of play the 'free to play' is far better than 'the most expensive to play'. The market that is ready to pay large amounts of money just because they can is even smaller than that of EU. It just won't bring in any substancial number of players. Plus the...
  10. S

Can we have a limit to the number of active threads a user can maintain in the Trading section?

There should be an app for the auctionhouse by now. With EU being an economy and the rise of the handhelds and smartphones it should have been an easy decision. Having access to the auction outside of the game is a real asset I think. For a small fee loads of players would be interested and...
  11. S

Is It Possible to Deposit Two 5$ Ultimate Game Cards...

I never used gamecards to deposit, but I was wondering. So looked up the ultimate game cards site. 'One card for 1000 games', ok. But no EU. Also found no mention of the cards in the deposit faq on mindarks website. One mention of a paysafecard, don't know if these are the same. Apparently...
  12. S

I am worried about the long-term sustainability of returns

I said : 'Remember financial accountabillity only plays a role in the real world, not inside EU.' And then your brilliant reply is:
  13. S

It's a double edged sword. Free to play, with real money. Those looking for fortune (should) know better then expecting it with a free to play concept. And those who have a negative experience with EU have not been playing it for free.
  14. S

Stuff they don't want you to know

Yes, the rabbithole could go very deep. But the real scary part is you cannot take a pill to escape.
  15. S

Stuff they don't want you to know

If you enjoy a good mystery and conspiracy this series should be worth clicking. Warning: Once you've seen one you want to see all!
  16. S

Investing in CLDs and playing EU with the returns

This thread is about clds and the effect they have on the EU economy. If you are unable to add to this subject please refrain from posting. Thank you.
  17. S

Question: Can't sell water in a desert!?

Sure they can, but they can also sell their own 50% and just in case someone is wondering they can probably also sell the 25% that goes to clds. Wheter this all makes sense I'll leave up to you.
  18. S

Ok, so there is selling Calypso the legal act and selling Calypso the financial transaction. I was refering to the second. I still stand by my opinion that there isn't a viable part of Calypso left to sell. 50% MAs cut, 25% planet upkeep and 25% CLDs.
  19. S

I really don't see what this is all about. I just work on common sense and logic. But sure, they exclusively reserve the right to screw you on all fronts for lack of legal documentation. That was a given from day 1. They tried to sell Calypso to SEE for a total of $6 million. That didn't work...
  20. S

Chance to hit ATH and the number of very active players

LoL@ 'still not 100%' Damn u MA :laugh: But unfortunately the chances are not even close to 30%. Consider the fact that the 300 ATHs you speak of are just the top 100 loots in the 3 main professions of ALL TIME. These will not be replaced by all new ones any time soon, not even if you deposit...
  21. S

Well, if that is the case who would be interested in buying a whole planet for 50% revenue and on top of that commit to its development?
  22. S

I'm not claiming there's a conspiracy, I'm just playing devils advocate here. For the time it is taking to sell the deeds it's not unthinkable that MA is 'investing' in deedpayouts to make them applealing to potential buyers. Again, I'm not saying they are, but what is keeping them from doing...
  23. S

It's not all bad, re-reading my last post I feel I've maybe been to harsh. But no pun intented, I just speak my mind. No, the sky is not falling. The sky does what the sky wants ;) If enough ppl like yourself see potential in EU that's great, and I'm happy either way.
  24. S

I find this logic flawed, what kind of investmentfund starts payout before the entire sum is collected? Your 4 months worth of data is useless, rendering your assumption that is will last for some time also useless. Assuming a few things myself I conclude that MA does want to sell the remaining...
  25. S

Yup, but at what price? Guess that is what this thread is all about. Right, so after they sell of their highend gear to buy clds they are going to go on another spending frenzy to buy back their old gear at a higher price?
Back