Search results

1. F

How should socs organise for the new planets?

Lots of individuals have talked about what they might do when the new planets open up, but haven't noticed any discussion of the imo considerable implications for socs. For example what could be the advantages and disadvantages for a soc of: -aiming to spread across several planets or staying...
  2. F

Should skills work across planets?

There are different ways that MA and planet developers could handle skilling when the first new planet arrives. Three examples: -all skills are transferrable between the two planets, -skills gained on Calypso do not work while on the new planet (i.e. everyone starts there as a new player)...
  3. F

What new planets do you want?

Companies considering creating the new EU planets will obviously be reading EF already as they discuss possible designs, so... If one of them invited you to write them a short specification for their new EU planet what sort of planet would you recommend they build?
  4. F

Miner Friendly-LAs: a suggestion

ATM land areas work well for hunters, mainly because the land owners can build up and maintain a good stock of mobs. So why not ask MA to allow land owners to provide similar benefits for miners? One approach would be to enable owners to construct and run Finder Amplification Masts that...
  5. F

Entropia Museum of Fine Arts: 2008 Guide

Guide to the Entropia Museum of Fine Arts 2008 Billton Tower 1, 4h, 4a and 4b The Museum is currently closed as most of the pictures not yet functioning again after VU 10. I will post new details when it becomes possible to reopen it. The Museum of Fine Arts is in the city of New...
  6. F

Entropia Museum of Fine Arts- update

The Museum will be closed from tomorrow (Tuesday) for some days so that the next exhibition can be set up. I will post more details here later in the week. The Hunting and Mining and Crafting Museums will of course remain open.
  7. F

Time for more property info?

Numbers of people have been buying houses or apartments in the last few weeks and I wonder if the information we get in auction about properties is helpful enough. In particular the price graphs seem to combine house and apartment sales into one set of figures. Given that houses are about 10...
  8. F

Soc membership lists

Looking through some soc lists recently I noticed that a number of socs dont show their members' names. No objection to that of course, but I am just puzzled- what advantages are there for a soc in not publicising who its members are?
  9. F

Entropia Museum of Fine Arts: Summer Exhibition

Creating Entropian Art: Approaches and Possibilities The Entropia Museum of Fine Arts Summer Exhibition Billton Tower 1, 4h Open from Thursday 17th May The Museum of Fine Arts is in the city of New Oxford, in Billton Tower 1, 4H. This is 150 yards east of Billton Towers TP. To reach it...
  10. F

Entropia Museums: News

This thread is basically a quick way to provide everyone with updates on developments in the three Entropia Museums. If you have not yet visited all of them the Hunting Museum is in Atlas Island South, the Mining and Crafting Museum in West Hadesheim and the Museum of Fine Arts in New Oxford...
  11. F

First HoF finally arrives :)

Teleporting back from an uneventful mining trip tried a single probe at my second landing point- and up pops an 475 ped melchi find. And to complete the good news the extractor suceeded (just) in getting it all out before expiring... So that's another picture or two for the Museum :)
  12. F

Help on how to create striking and artistic Entropian art- sources?

For anyone just starting to create personal art Ido's very clear guide and the MA advice make a great starting point. I was wondering though about what there is around that would help with the next stage on- creating Entropian artwork that is both artistic and striking, using various packages...
  13. F

How many players stay in EU? - one way of getting the answer

The usual way of calculating the number of players in EU has been to try to measure this directly in some way. A different approach would be to see if there was an indirect measure that correlated well with membership and was easily measurable over time. The question is- what might that measure...
  14. F

New pictures in the EU Auction- how to find them

In the last week or so Entropian artists have started offering their work through the EU auction. At the moment Core CBB Bloodbrother, Paul Bmw de and Marianne Red Witch (for example) are all offering pictures for sale. However the auction system has not quite kept up with the artists. So if...
  15. F

Questions from a curtain noob

Advice requested before I buy a curtain or two: - Can you close/open curtains? (and if so, how?) - How wide a window does one curtain cover when closed? Thanks for the help :)
  16. F

Entropia Museum of Fine Arts now Open

The Entropia Museum of Fine Arts is now open and you are very welcome to visit. The Entropia museums are all non-profit; entry is free. The aims of the Museum of Fine Arts are: -to encourage and support the creation and appreciation of new, high quality Entropian artworks of all kinds and...
  17. F

The Development of Entropian Art 2003-2007

The Development of Entropian Art 2003-2007 The Entropia Museum of Fine Arts Billton Tower 1, 4h Open from March 30th This opening exhibition is dedicated with thanks to the MA artists, creators of the first Entropian pictures. Introduction This first exhibition in the...
  18. F

The new art: where you can see it and buy it

Trawling through the Forum today it was clear that the personal art movement has now really taken off, with numbers of artists and shopkeepers letting people know that they have examples of the new art for viewing or for sale in galleries and shops. However at this early stage it is quite easy...
  19. F

New cavern system- where will we get in?

The opening of the Thorkeld's Tomb shops suggsts that the full underground system must be nearly ready to open, as these are presumably intended to serve miners working down there. (That is where the gold will reappear, yes?) So, just to see if we are right, where might the entrances be when...
  20. F

Thorkeld- we should be told

Fine, nice shops and all that, but: -Who or what was Thorkeld? -Why is his tomb invisible? -Why did he ask to be buried in a shopping mall? :)
  21. F

How do you think EU will change when...

In what ways do you think EU will change when we reach the point where there is no single language that most active players can speak?
  22. F

Some questions on the new signs

Thinking about getting one of the new signs simply as a museum name board but have three questions: -can you choose your own image (i.e. not one from the MA background set) for a sign? -if you always display the same image+text on the sign does that just cost one ad payment until you change...
  23. F

Guide to the Entropia Mining and Crafting Museum

Guide to the Entropia Mining and Crafting Museum The Museum is currently closed as VU 10 randomly moved the exhibits from all three museums into the resettlement boxes. I will post new details when it becomes possible to reopen it. Second Edition January 2007 If you are thinking of...
  24. F

How far back into PEs's history does EF go?

Was wondering when EF actually started- and how we can access the very first posts. Looks like a year is as far back as you can get atm unless I am missing something...
  25. F

The Entropia Hunting Museum

Guide to the Entropia Hunting Museum The Museum is currently closed as VU 10 randomly moved the exhibits from all three museums into the resettlement boxes. I will post new details when it becomes possible to reopen it. Second Edition March 2007 If you are a new player starting out on...
Back