Search results

1. B

Configuration is incorrect still

I had thought that downloading all Microsoft updates would do the trick, and had been unwilling to download the fix that we had been to do! But I finally did it and it worked! Doh! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en and...
  2. B

Ah! Forget that - amazing how a final exasperated post can solve problems. I've managed to fix the problem. :yay:
  3. B

I'm almost giving up!!! I had the dreaded 'configuration is incorrect' error message - downloaded all updates (for my original Visual Studio application) and got onto the launch screen for the first time. Thought 'Great. Everything is fine'. Downloaded the patch...
  4. B

What to do with pre-V10 mining strike notes?

Shred, burn or origami?
  5. B

Pursuit Fleet Diminished

All we need is some more horsehair! http://www.livius.org/sh-si/sicily/sicily_t11.html
  6. B

V 10: Day/night cycles

Exciting! How is that going to work? Really reduced visibility? Extra equipment like night goggles? Are addicted players, feverishly typing away at 3 am, going to get even more depressed?
  7. B

100%

Right. That's useful to know. Looks like I hoard, invest and skill! Felix
  8. B

100%

Thanks. That strategy is sort of what I had been thinking, but didn't mention it in my original options for some absent-minded reason! Umm, guess I soldier on till level 10; or maybe wait for my next mining HOF and buy up some skills. Felix
  9. B

100%

Thx. Yes, I'm a hoarder anyway, so my natural inclination would be to keep BPs. I was vaguely wondering whether, as I increase my skills, I could generate & sell 100% BPs on to others for a profit - but I rather suspect that Calypso doesn't move like that. Felix
  10. B

100%

Very good point. I guess I don't know where I'm heading. My driving need has been to advance in crafting without devoting much in the way of resources to it - I deposit for mining, not crafting. So what I've been happy to do is use my own lyst/oil within crafting to gain crafting...
  11. B

Help: Getting Blueprints

I drop a blueprint anytime I get a mining global (but not where I've just mined!). And my avatar gets to shake some champagne - shame he doesn't seem to get drunk on it. Felix
  12. B

100%

I'm a newbie on crafting, though much higher in mining. I get loads of lyst/oil easily, so I started crafting with Basic Aux. Sockets. I'm now profession level 7 as an Electronics Engineer. Much to my surprise, I've got one global while doing this - quantity, never quality. My current Basic...
  13. B

The Mining Shambles

So, the announcement said: The Mining Event that closed during the weekend was not executed with the highest level of quality one should expect from First Planet Company. <snip> We apologize for the confusion that was caused by this mistake. We have updated our internal policies regarding...
Back