Search results

1. Aio

Cryptocurrency experience

Why would they become more common. If anything, gold will always become less common due to population growth (i.e. gold per head). The way a star collapses allows us to predict the proportions of gold in the universe. You're not going to find an asteroid which is anywhere near 100% gold. I...
  2. Aio

Firstly, it took me 30s to read the conclusion which said that it would be feasible to capture (i.e. not mine) an asteroid. But disregarding this distinction, they were looking at rocks 7m in diameter (which is miniscule) and the flight time to bring them to orbit was 6 to 10 years...
  3. Aio

My thoughts are you should take this course: http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q64-phy and then come back and tell me how we're going to mine asteroids. If you do it in the recommended timescale, you'll have an undergrad degree just in time to see those first mining ships leave earth...
  4. Aio

Yes, it's fractional reserve banking. No way does tether have $1.3tn liquid in reserve; they are acting like a central currency bank but they don't have the economic output a regular fiat issuer does. Talking about the tech is fine (5$) but the uptake which is happening (i.e. Ripple being used...
  5. Aio

Realism at what cost.

Yeah as the server is one of the client computers. It is having to act as a server and perform all the client interactions. P2P multi-player is not analogous to entropia.
  6. Aio

Realism at what cost.

My point was that other games are far, far more advanced than EU with respect to things like weather, atmosphere and flora/fauna, but whatever. The client handles everything, the only thing the server handles (with regards to players, buildings, environments) is positional data and action data...
  7. Aio

Realism at what cost.

Entropia is the best game for realism? I want what you are smoking :smoke:
  8. Aio

Our Real-Life wedding!!!

Hahah what the fuck? Tell you what, invite me to your actual wedding and I'll buy you a gift.
  9. Aio

Info: How I Fixed the Lag

As said previously, if you try just e-mail support with the IP range of the VPN you will be using. There will not be any issues unless you start using 100 different VPN servers (and specifically, different VPN server country locations). Even then, the most they will do is temporarily lock your...
  10. Aio

Info: How I Fixed the Lag

For all thinking about this; your best route is to notify support that you will be using a VPN. If you have a static VPN server, you can notify them of the IP (or IP range) to expect on your account. I've used these guys for years (https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn) without issue. FYI - I...
  11. Aio

Congrats to Merry Mayhem winners

Evidently they used <MAX rather than <=MAX. Which is dumb. Hope it gets fixed :)
  12. Aio

Asked To Advise On The Creation Of A New World, I Said YES! - Forbes

I enjoy the fact that he studied Chinese economic development. It's analogous to Entropia in that 99% of the users are treated like slaves while 1% are given golden handshake, insider information treatment :rolleyes: Also, the 3m users and 4bn PED GNP are ambitious. Can you even assign GNP to...
  13. Aio

USA Net Neutrality poll: what will you pay to play EU?

Oh hello customer, it looks like you're trying to view news related websites! Well, we can offer you CNN for 5$ or FOX NEWS for 5$! Oh, you don't want to access these "unbiased" "reputable" "news" sources? Well we do offer access to Reuters for 1000$...
  14. Aio

Merry Mayhem 2017 Preview

Yes, my bad sorry, I thought you were talking purely about Merry Mayhem.
  15. Aio

Well doesn't that look wonderfully christmassy :rolleyes:
  16. Aio

You're remembering wrong. Apart from the "cutting it close" part.
  17. Aio

Christmas gifts 2017 !

I guess I'd get them if I could be arsed to login...
  18. Aio

Can somebody explain to me how this 97% return thing works?

2000ped cycled from 450ped deposited... That's been cycled 4x. (.97^4)*450 = 398. So you're down about 98 ped from what is expected... one small global would reset you. Unfortunately, as it's basically gambling, when that global would come is unknown.
  19. Aio

Sprinting

PVP was shit in 2003 (gold) compared to 2003 games. It's still the same, while games have moved further away from it. Unfortunately, for MA, development must be warranted by income - and PVP makes MA very little money compared to hunting/mining/crafting.
  20. Aio

Avatar's changing hands.... who are you actually dealing with?

Ofc my account is the same as when it was made in 2001. I do understand why people sell their avatars, considering MA made it as difficult as possible (-10%, ESI MU, drop rate) to skill transfer. The skill transfer system is basically the same as when Generic Skill Implants were introduced...
  21. Aio

Totally, apart from it's nothing new at all and just a financial product which is being heavily speculated on. I won't go into why crypto is unfeasible for money (a few people have mentioned some of the issues such as transaction costs already) but just explaining why people are in a bubble at...
  22. Aio

Its a bubble because it's being pumped like a fat whore. It's an investment ponzi and those who don't know better will get burnt (or at least singed). Again, not an attack on crypto, or being an "investor" (though it's more like being a gambler).
  23. Aio

Lag Poll Winner

And now your server resources have been funnelled to the people who are worst affected - enjoy your much poorer performance due to you altruism :laugh: ;)
  24. Aio

It's just bubble trading, nothing more, nothing less. Artificial buying pressure applied so that those with investments keep them in the system and there is more USD pumped in to cover those who want out. The zero sum is more USD will get burned than is "earned", but for those who come out in...
  25. Aio

Nah, I tried to sign up but they want to assess my LinkedIn profile to see if I'd be a good fit. They can fuck off, the 4 hour drive to get to central fucking London is bad enough.
Back