Search results

1. L

Achievement: Unlocked Marksmanship

My goal was to get this done during the 2x event, but as I started the event with 1 point in handguns, that was probably a bit too lofty a goal to set. Still, two days after the event ended, I managed to reach level 10 in laser pistoleer and unlock marksmanship! Once the p2a I'm using right now...
  2. L

Required level to kill these mobs economically?

Best weapons to skill towards to kill these mobs? I'm primarily a miner right now, but I do have level 4 in laser rifle and level 3 in laser damage right now, so I can kill some of the less threatening mobs when they get in my way. However, in some of the areas I like to mine, there are bigger...
  3. L

Help: Ammo, Decay, and the "Loot Pool"

It is possible that some or all of these questions have no answer which is truly known outside of MA. If that is the case, I am okay with that. At least if I know that there is no answer to any of these questions, I can ignore all of nonsense that so many people put forward and try to teach as...
  4. L

Question: Why can't I type =, +, ' or " in EU?

My keyboard seems to work perfectly fine outside of EU, and clearly those four buttons work - Equals (=), Plus (+), Apostrophe (') and Quote (") - in every application other than EU. But these keys do not work inside of EU for some bizarre reason. I don't have any hotkeys tied to them, but any...
  5. L

Quantification of Skill Increase Bonus

I was wondering if anyone actually knows the difference in the rate of increase in skills between a SIB and a non-SIB weapon or tool. Obviously skilling with SIB weapons is faster than non-SIB, but just how much? Because if it is only a few percent, one would likely be better off using a more...
  6. L

Question: Meaning of Amp Efficiency?

I'm thinking about getting an amp to mine with, and have found the decay values of each amp on entropedia, but I'm a bit perplexed as to what exactly the efficiency number represents. The following ideas ran through my head but each seems pretty absurd, so I'm at a loss as to what it means If...
  7. L

Achievement: My First Global (and 1 PED short of a HOF!)

I've been barely breaking even at mining until today. My first run of 100 Probes today though, I got a X and a XI, and netted just over 27 PED profit, not even counting markup. Then, right at the start of my second run, I get this: Unfortunately, the 100th place HOF right now is 207 PED, so I...
  8. L

Question: Value of a QR100 basic filter BP?

The auction data for this isn't very useful, since it includes all QRs of the BP as one item. So I'm wondering what a fair price actually is for a QR100 basic filter BP.
  9. L

Effects of various skills

Alright, Surveying/Prospecting allows you to use better finders and mine deeper into the ground while Mining/Drilling allows you to use better extractors and get more ore/enmatter per pull. But what about all of the other skills? There's Geology, then the unlockable ones like Calypso Ground...
  10. L

Why is the price of sweat so low?

I deposited money to avoid having to sweat, but it just amazes me how people get away with paying so little for sweat. Do sweaters really value their time so little? the rate seems to be around 0.5 ped per 100 sweat. At an average of 720 per hour (not counting time spent running, and selling)...
  11. L

Pros and cons of ore and enmatter

Alright, I know the whole ore vs enmatter thing is an age old question, and in theory they should be about equal. But there are obviously differences between them, and it all comes down to personal preference. I'd like to outline those differences so I can choose which one of the two I want to...
  12. L

Question: Best place to buy/sell stuff?

I'm wondering what the best way is to go about buying and selling stuff. When I went to sell some stuff on the auction, I noticed the auction fee is ridiculously high at 0.5 PED, which for a lot of the stuff I'm carrying would mean end up making less than if I just sold it to a terminal. So...
  13. L

Question: What's the point?

What is the point in hunting or mining if you're always going to lose money at it? It seems the only thing you can profitably do in this game without a huge amount of capital or years invested in skilling is trading - an incredibly boring profession. So what is the point in all of this? In any...
Back