Search results

1. SamNinja

Problem with Shading

While running EU on high and using the most recent AMD graphics drivers under Windows 7, I'm having an issue where the ground and other objects are way overexposed and the graphics in the game aren't being shaded properly. The only thing I have turned to low are shadows, and it doesn't make a...
  2. SamNinja

Groundhog Day: The Life and Times of a Bored EU Player

I've been taking an Entropia break, primarily because I'm not in Windows all that often anymore. From time to time I'll login to EU to keep my account from getting purged and shoot a couple mobs. After about 5 minutes or less, I get extremely bored and antsy and close the game out. Here are my...
  3. SamNinja

MA Customer Service

Is customer service and lack of communication/listening to customers one of the weakest, if not the weakest point about Entropia?
  4. SamNinja

HoF Chat Filter

Would you use this feature?
  5. SamNinja

Steam and the Future of PC Gaming

According to Gabe Newell, the co-founder of Steam, the future of the PC gaming platform isn't going to be running on Windows. As the PC decline continues and consumers migrate towards tablets and smartphones, Microsoft has attempted to make gains in both of these areas, but has severely failed...
  6. SamNinja

New Avatar System as of VU 14.01

As of VU 14.01, the new avatar creation system isn't very spectacular, and is still lacking in numerous aspects. It's interface is clunky, the lighting still isn't that great, and the realism level isn't very spectacular considering avatars still look like cartoon characters. An avatar should...
  7. SamNinja

Lighting Changes

After Content Release 2012.4, Calypso in the daytime looks very hazy and bleached out, especially the graphics being rendered in the distance. It's so bleached out that the lack of color which previously provided some depth is now lost. I notice that the new sun is now a behemoth super bright...
  8. SamNinja

Selling: Omegatron A101

Make an offer. Thanks.
  9. SamNinja

MindArk and Injecting Currency

Do you think that that MindArk injects currency into the loot system based on their internal statistics calculating how much on average is cashed out, and which avatars are more likely to cash out as opposed to others? For instance, land deed payouts could potentially be paid out with currency...
  10. SamNinja

New NVIDIA Drivers (Version 285.62)

New NVIDIA drivers (Version 285.62) released 10/24/11. http://www.geforce.com/Drivers
  11. SamNinja

New NVIDIA Drivers (Version 280.26)

New NVIDIA drivers (Version 280.26) released 8/09/11. http://www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html
  12. SamNinja

Help: A Grave Errand

How do you spread the ashes of Karen Wong if there is nothing listed in the "Quest/Mission Items" Box?
  13. SamNinja

MA The Monopoly

Once upon a time there was a game called Project Entropia. It was a brilliant concept that allowed players the freedom of exploration and other activities without being committed to a subscription-based MMO. Some gamers didn't approve of their credit or debit cards recurrently being charged...
  14. SamNinja

New NVIDIA Drivers (Version 275.33)

New NVIDIA drivers (Version 275.33) released 6/01/11. http://www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html
  15. SamNinja

Memory Leak: Ericsson Voice Chat

The executable eigcc_main.exe consumes around 10,000 KB of memory upon login, and reaches over 70,000 KB after using the service with multiple participants.
  16. SamNinja

Objects Inflict New Vehicle Damage

As of VU 11.9.5, there are objects which you used to be able to drive straight through (such as large mushrooms), that now create damage to a vehicle and which you must now drive around to avoid a collision. Nothing was written about this in patch notes, and I haven't seen anything on the forum...
  17. SamNinja

New NVIDIA Drivers (Version 270.61)

New NVIDIA drivers (Version 270.61) released 4/18/11. http://www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html
  18. SamNinja

Windows Explorer Problems

Hi, I'm trying to help someone fix a problem with MP3 ID3 tags not showing up in Windows Explorer. As you can see in the screenshot, none of the ID3 tags are being displayed in Windows Explorer, even though I've verified them to be there using Mp3tag, and have also tried cutting and pasting the...
  19. SamNinja

Melee Decay and Dead Mobs

Are melee weapons supposed to decay when you swing at a carcass? I've asked some people and have not got a clear answer. Thanks.
  20. SamNinja

Intel's Sandy Bridge and DRM

It turns out that Intel's new Sandy Bridge CPU contains a new "feature" called 'Intel Insider' which essentially is Digital Rights Management (DRM) built right into the chip. Intel struck a deal with Hollywood to make it so streaming movies can be "safely" delivered to your PC. There's quite a...
  21. SamNinja

Daikiba Average Return

I'm going through the Daikiba Mission Chain and my TT returns are averaging 65%. I was wondering if this figure is what other people are getting for this mob? 65% returns are pretty low. Thanks Update: 67% TT return as of 2/23/2011
  22. SamNinja

Do You Want a MA Community Manager?

There are times when I'd like to get in touch directly with MA, as would many others. I think there should be a MA Community Manager on the forum, in-game, and I'd like to contact MA via a support ticket if needed. The player base on the forum appears to be mostly against MA breaking it off...
  23. SamNinja

Where Is Brooklyn Hiding?

:shower:Don't We All Love Brooklyn:shower: Whatever happened to her? She was one of the most entertaining people to read on EF for a while, then she disappeared. Is Brooklyn AWOL?
  24. SamNinja

MMB Camera Rotation Speed

My Message to support: Hello, After a recent version update, the camera rotation speed has been decreased in third person view. I find the new camera rotation speed too slow, and was wondering why it was changed and if it will be changed back? Thank you. Response: Hi, I have forwarded...
  25. SamNinja

Client Loader Automatically Patches Without Permission

I was away from the keyboard for over an hour, and noticed that when I came back the 11.5.1 update downloaded and executed silently, without user permission (note that I left the client loader open). I'm not okay with any software being downloaded and/or executed without my permission, and I...
Back