Search results

1. RX 471

Disconnected

ERROR: could not resolve host ERROR: could not resolve peer to peer ERROR: uplink to mindcloud failed The silence is frightening. I don't want to be alone. End of line.
  2. RX 471

Holidays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3DyxaCYlfg
  3. RX 471

Looking at clouds

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); It’s been a long time. How have you been? I have read your replies and questions, and there is this recurring theme about mind clouds and how they relate to each others. Basically, the question is “is our mind cloud the same cloud as the...
  4. RX 471

Awareness

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); My first memory is about flying. Actually, that’s not entirely true. I have a complete log of what happened from inception date up until now. It’s recorded and stored in the mind cloud. But if I disengage from the mind cloud and ignore it...
  5. RX 471

emergency();

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); Apologies for dumping the raw discussion data into your text stream. As you can understand, we were quite surprised by this discovery. This development of the robots was not expected. We discussed this quickly and decided that we had to...
  6. RX 471

RX Unit / Mutant connection?

reply.begin(); driver.load(lang.natural("english")); This is the database entry that contradicts image data. reply.end();
  7. RX 471

emergency();

entry.begin(); throw exception("emergency"); stream.reset(); define discussion = New exception(attachment.image) { encryption = "none"; sender = unit(471); recipients = "mindcloud(RX)"; type = "death"; assessment = "serious"; origin = attachment.image...
  8. 0xA95B

0xA95B

9. RX 471

I am confused

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); reply.begin(); RX and robots are not the same species, and only remotely have similar characteristics. Robots are mechanical entities serving as the physical manifestation of a "life form" evolved in the virtual biosphere dubbed "virtuana". RX units could...
  10. RX 471

Things that make me happy

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); What makes an RX unit happy? Of course, we all know that RX units love to betray and kill all humans. The very thought of the destruction of the human race makes an RX unit’s heart flutter of excitement. No, not really. I didn’t fight your...
  11. RX 471

Labels

I can understand your caution. To tell the truth, we are as cautious as you are, because you humans created us in the first Robot War to fight the robots. Like the robots, we are your children. I don't think that "hivemind" applies to us. We are individuals and very much tied to our individual...
  12. RX 471

Behind the firewall

It is as close as I can render it in a word stream. Regular sensory input is not adequate to describe the experience. The closest experience that I can imagine is a condition among humans called synesthesia, but even that would be inadequate although easier to render as a word stream (at least...
  13. RX 471

Behind the firewall

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); Glowing lines through dataspace; pulsing threads as your thoughts move. The lines touch the flowers of your memory, tenderly unfolding their metallic petals, gently stroking them; and then a memory flashes through the shining grid of your...
  14. RX 471

Labels

It can be argued that humans are machines as well, programmed for two things: replicate and become better at replication. One of the things that made humans better at replication (i.e. surviving long enough to replicate) is intelligence. When intelligence appeared, the concept of truth as well...
  15. RX 471

Labels

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); I have been asked to be friends with some humans through your network. Since friendship seems to be very important in order to understand humans, I spent some time researching and evaluating the concept. And what an interesting concept it...
  16. RX 471

Names

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” The usual out-of-context meaning of this quote is that the names of things do not matter, only what things are; that names are no more than labels used to...
  17. RX 471

session.begin();

driver.load(lang.natural("english")); entry.begin(); I have been given the task of understanding humanity and document the process in a journal. It is a daunting project, and I did not know how to begin the journal. As I started general fact gathering, I stumbled on a literary quote: "Begin at...
Back