Search results

1. J

Entropia Universe 18.1.3 Release Notes

I get the impression that logins now take longer after this server vu. Is that correct, known and intended?
  2. J

Add Macros to the Game

To counter current macros an official one would have to have some settings attached I think, not just auto next nearest mob. But the menu for starting an auto run need not be complicated as such, I think, and would be worth looking into by MA now I think.
  3. J

New AI president in MindArk

...in terms of suggestions is the bit you quoted. I then wrote (briefly) exactly about loot possibilities. I agree about the potential there, yes. I'd like to get away from loot waves as well, as long as information is properly available in the replacement AI system.
  4. J

Well, what can an AI actually do that might be directly put into effect or listened to? It's a question I take seriously, but at the moment surely it can only be an echo chamber of its inputs in terms of suggestions for EU. In active gameplay it might be able to relay current information to the...
  5. J

It's actually quite an interesting announcement in the development of AI. The connection with 'understanding' EU might make it a leading expert, or a cringing 'sorry I didn't know that' excuse for a knowledgable LLM, depending on what it 'believes'. Reading through, I predicted the AI would...
  6. J

News: Server Downtime for Patch

Amazing what a server downtime notification can generate in comments, isn't it? :p However, I find that sometimes in these 'backwaters' there can also be good discussions, so I read them too. On focus: I see attempts to include farming of mats by anybody as a necessary activity for ubers to get...
  7. J

Entropia Universe 18.1.3 Release Notes

So, they've not managed to (or decided not to) improve anything further from the UI cluster-f within this timeframe! A classic case of moving several steps backwards - and not even arsed or able to get back to where we already were. I guess slippery slopes have that about them - slide down...
  8. J

Ancient Greece Shares

To answer from a bit further up: pps 'own' what they have developed, but MA gets a hefty chunk of revenue by providing the platform. Additionally, MA must agree to the land expansion in the first place. MA must also allow the selling on of such new virtual lands, while keeping its revenue share...
  9. J

Ancient Greece Shares

There appears to have been a pp vu planned but postponed by MA, so something new may come soon. Other than that we are still just trundling along. I'm a bit in limbo in terms of time spent logged in at all, and I'm not on NI anyway. I put the blame on the new UI as a turn-off. The patches have...
  10. J

Question: Should botting & use of macros be allowed?

Subject: human skills that still make a difference. :). Areas of the main world outside instances do still have bits where I think human skill counts, but I think the time advantage of hrs per day, plus automatically being around for waves instead of planning them in, are a massive advantage...
  11. J

Two meanings of skill here... Golden and I mean human skills, whereas avatars gain in-game points. Botters would still bot if they perceive the in-game skills to be worthwhile, or they genuinely are once mus have been considered. The real skills have indeed become less relevant now that...
  12. J

Possible negative consquence of allowing: apparently EU is not seen as gambling because of many skill elements integrated into the game. This was some time ago. It may be that officially allowing bots would counter the argument of skill being used (even if it debatable) - and relying more on...
  13. J

George: there's a difference between teaching someone a secret and being able to give someone a 3rd-party tool that does something specific. Even if allowed, I think there would be secrecy about add-ons for all sorts of things that I would dislike, but I accept it's a difficult discussion and...
  14. J

- there is a certain unfairness in allowing third-party features to boost results. - Could you elaborate on this please. What exactly is the unfairness? Sure. Unfairness stems from a technical, wealth, societal (knowledge?) or other ability to do what others cannot within the RCE format. I...
  15. J

Force-shield generator for small spacecraft

Joat has an interesting option for crossing the lootable section, of fighting someone following earlier. Lose and simply try again or decide whether to now try and cross pvp with some damage but nobody behind. With more repair stations around near pvp borders or the ability to repair in flight...
  16. J

First of all, there is a massive unfairness in having rules which are not enforced, so we should move out of this current situation for sure. On the topic of which direction to go in, allowing or actively banning: there is a certain unfairness in allowing third-party features to boost results...
  17. J

Force-shield generator for small spacecraft

Space needs far more than just the one adjustment in my opinion. However, even your single suggestion shouldn't for me mean a quad or sleip becomes fully protected, because if it did that would end pvp pretty quickly, and also end a main purpose of the bigger ships that do have variable shield...
  18. J

Revived on Cyrene Space Station when I was closer to Calypso

If you are still stuck on the SS due to the quad problem, there is a space rescue channel I think, but I dunno the exact name. Maybe live support can also transfer people to at least the planet where your quad hopefully stays spawned for you to start again...
  19. J

Is there a website to tell which enemies drop what

From the info page about a shopkeeper pad there should be a link to what it has dropped from, with the least updated info in red, and you can also see the vus last confirmed to have still had drops. The shopkeeper is in misctools at: www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=MiscTool&id=30 - but I...
  20. J

Info: MindArk's CEO Henrik Nel Jerkrot resigns

We're straying into various arguments about economics now I think, but I think any CEO of a virtual world with an RCE needs to be aware of growth problematics (is that still a global total of precisely ONE?), and EU is up against various problems right now in my opinion, so I think it's ok to...
  21. J

After some time posts from today will settle down to being cleary from April 1st, but for a week or so we will see these as simply posted on 'Monday'. Just as guidance to be aware of the posting date ... in case content today is even less worthy than usual...
  22. J

Your 'Every man' signature is a bit 'limiting', but Schopi may have been on to something there. So, what is within the limits of this CEO? Will he widen the access to the shop to include a simple bank transfer for later spending as desired, or include a 50 day move peds to shop option? It's...
  23. J

A difference of opinion between two wrong pathways maybe? Gold lies at the core of EU, and is keeping us going even now. We orbit here, we orbit there, they make money, they lose it again. They sell us something and get to continue. I do wonder whether a new path will be obvious, though, or...
  24. J

Interesting source? But noted, thank you for the speed - less than 5 mins it would seem. edit: from source to forum here is very fast, though. Luckily 'looted', automatically informed, or other? That's what I meant by interesting, given the speed after official announcement...
  25. J

News: Easter Mayhem 2024

Still no buying of box keys via a deposit directed to the shop that we can then spend bit by bit, nor from diverting a withdrawal to a shop account either. Surely there are players who want to track or limit their spending by putting a particular sum into the shop every 6 months or so, rather...
Back