Search results

1. Kal

PlanetCalypsoForum.com Discussion Thread

As much as MAFPC desperately needed their own forum I'm not convinced this is the right way to go about it. I would have preferred to see a fresh start but I guess I'll just take a wait and see attitude. Could be better, could be worse, could be nothing at all.
  2. Kal

RockTropia?

Then you should have said that in your original post and maybe left off "other". :dunno:
  3. Kal

RockTropia?

I voted "Other" since there was no "All of the above" option.
  4. Kal

Calypso Gateway – an entry to a world of opportunity and adventure

Best idea they've had in a long time and long overdue.
  5. Kal

Saerhrimnir Mk1

I'm just gonna call it a "Shit Hummer".
  6. Kal

Ready, steady, go – in retrospect

Your still not thinking. Publishing the number beforehand will just create a bigger, more furious riot. The riot might be shorter but it will still be a riot. So as many are saying, lesson not learned. Just to be clear I don't have a dog in this fight. I never cared much about vehicles and...
  7. Kal

Mindark has the right to change any items stats at any give time.

Okay checked out #23 & #29. This seems to be the parts you are referring to ? "MA have a policy that items released are not altered, unless deemed a necessity." "If deemed so, possibly. But we are very reluctant to change items that are al ready in the virtual universe," I guess they deemed...
  8. Kal

Just slightly before my time, but where in that long thread does it actually have a quote from a MA official saying they would never change an item's stats?
  9. Kal

MindArk never said they would never change an item's stats. They (I believe it was Marco) only said they were reluctant to change an item's stats. I am just as reluctant to defend MA, but nevertheless shit happens sometimes. :laugh:
  10. Kal

where are the promised footguards?

I see the situation on Ghost foot guards is STILL the same all these years later. :mad: Get off the pot MA and correct this shameful problem you created.
  11. Kal

Info: Mission mob globals/HOF's

1600 Argo's - 4 globals 600 Armax - 2 globals 100 Atrox - 0 globals 1600 Daikiba - 0 globals 100 Droka - 0 globals 100 Feffoid - 0 globals 1600 Foul - 0 globals 100 Hiryu - 1 global 1600 Merp - 0 globals 1600 Molisk - 0 globals 1600 Rippersnapper - 0 globals 100 Warrior - 1 global All low...
  12. Kal

No Sweating Rules

Can't argue with that LOL. Milk Monitors, double LOL. I used to use the "turn and run" system,becouse I chose mobs that my agillity made me faster than. Target them, do the dance, then turn and run. Then when they were dry I would run them off the radar and come back to a freshly loaded mob...
  13. Kal

Silence The Fouls!

Sir, I was trying to be kind. :D I suppose it would help if they could program a login screen that worked, I mean you'd think that would be high priorty wouldn't you?
  14. Kal

Silence The Fouls!

Well maybe not silence them altogether but adjust of that "cat choking on a hairball" sound that is looped over and over with no delay. It's incredibly annoying and very amateurish from a programming aspect. It's very easy to put in a randomly variable delay with say a few seconds at minimum...
  15. Kal

FYI: Land owners buying a TP...

I was thinking "Kal's Offense"
  16. Kal

FYI: Land owners buying a TP...

Name them after me! This tip will decrease the value of you'r LA by at least 5,000 PED and comes to you free of charge.
  17. Kal

What Graphics settings do you use?

Mostly high, but the one that has all the vegetation on it (forgot what it's called) I turned down to low so I could see both live and dead mobs with out searching for them. I'm running a nvidia 9400 and a dual core AMD at native resolution of 1280x1024 , getting about mid thirties, sometimes...
  18. Kal

Fragments=Dung

LOL with the OP! Yes they are now dung. :laugh:
  19. Kal

Does Rocktropia have the people?

Our loot pool (which I don't believe in) doesn't get cut in two because loot is exactly what MA wants it to be, no less, no more. However maybe Marco's loot pool does :laugh:, that is if you believe that FPC really was separated from MA which I believe in less than a loot pool.
  20. Kal

Protect the ancients ones.

Absolutely.
  21. Kal

Protect the ancients ones.

Calypso should sink or swim on it's own. There's already too much protectionism with the TP fee, auction fee and seperated storage.
  22. Kal

Show me the reasons I should pay 40ped for travelling to Rocktropia!!!

I came, I saw, I yawned, I left 80+ ped poorer. The whole place strikes me as somewhat juvenile but I guess it's a matter of taste. Mob placement and density was terrible, you'd think some one with ND's experience would do better. Currently there is nothing actually to do there with Rock n'...
  23. Kal

MMORPG and Virtual World Platform Provider MindArk Completes Online Games Study Contract for European Space Agency (PR Newswi

I stand by my original comments. Other teams yes, that could be better utilized on their real product. Publicity sure, but much more exposure can be had by simply advertizing and I think that would get better return. Selling the platform sure, but where's the continued revenue stream going to...
  24. Kal

MMORPG and Virtual World Platform Provider MindArk Completes Online Games Study Contract for European Space Agency (PR Newswi

So MA got some funding from ESA to produce what in the end will have been nothing more than a time consuming distraction. :rolleyes: If they put that effort into their real product that actualy pays the bills then maybe VU10 would be complete instead of half done by now.
  25. Kal

Quest/mission system

I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised by the quest system. The rewards could use a little adjusting sure but the basic system is sound and fairly well executed. That is saying a lot for a company that is all too frequently known for it's incompetence, so credit where credit is do. Now I...
Back