Search results

1. The Nightbird

A103s

I wanted to clean my inventories a bit, and decided to sell my small collection of 28 Omegation A103 energy amps (all looted myself a while ago). After checking prices and seeing they were going at around tt+30, I decided to give 10% off and sell them at a +27 buyout, thinking resellers wouldn't...
  2. The Nightbird

FYI: Fatal Mining Loot Generation Bug

As all you miners know, in the long run, if you mine with no overlap between drops (i.e. bomb drops are always 110meters apart or more), you can expect a hit rate of about 27% (or around 1 in 4). If you were to say... drop 44 meters apart instead, via basic geometry, it is easy to calculate...
  3. The Nightbird

Add Range as a Stat on Mining Extractors

With the slight increase in range this VU to ore/enmatter extraction range, I thought it would be nice to simply add this as a stat for mining excavators/drills. Of course, I mean adding this stat to diversify the range limit for these tools. It would be nice to see the higher decay tools able...
  4. The Nightbird

Silly Things You've Done When Disappointed With EU Loot

I'll start: After getting 100tt back from dropping 300 bombs in pvp4 (only 6 lost to pk), I: Buy 1000bombs, start auto-dropping them with the nice new auto-use feature, and I'm getting ready to go out and party (instead of mining with said 1000 bombs)!
  5. The Nightbird

Spread the Lootable PVP3/4 Risk Around?

Pretty short idea: People that hunt or mine in pvp3/4 can lose a large amount, yet player hunters lose basically nothing when they fail their attack and are killed. Make it so that player killers have something to lose as well, so they can enjoy the same thrill and uncertainty as their victims...
  6. The Nightbird

Nightbird's Hunting Journal

Equipment: Ghost (5A), Riker UL3, A103, Ek-2600 Looking to buy Rascal and A105. Total cost in tt includes ammo, armor decay, amp decay, weapon decay, fap decay. Since all my gear is UL, I just add total repair bill to total ammo use (ammo use measured precisely with amp breaking). Run 1: Total...
  7. The Nightbird

Buying: A105 tt+1.15k

If interested, please send me a PM to set up meeting. Thanks!
  8. The Nightbird

Decoy Effect on Bombs

As I'm exploring the new Calypso, one thought that keeps pestering me is the annoying amount of mobs everywhere, chewing at my heels at every turn. Now that mob speed has been increased, I find that I can't even outrun exa matures. On any uphill climb it's impossible to outrun anything since...
  9. The Nightbird

Achievement: Real Life Achievement!

Graduate Record Exam (wiki): Verbal: 660 Math: 800 Writing: unknown yet, should be good I've put a lot of work into this achievement. It's a real achievement that will impact my future more than EU ever will, and I'm proud of it, so I've decided to place it here. :) Mods, feel free to move...
  10. The Nightbird

FYI: Close EU in one click

For those of you playing in windowed mode, you can click the X in the top right to close EU, no need to press ESC-Exit-Confirm :) I mistook EU for a browser window and closed it :p
  11. The Nightbird

Heart of Calypso, entry 1

Journal of Revan Evenstar, Entry 1 I have never written a journal entry before, but I must start now. I must record everything that has happened yesterday, as clearly as I can remember it, because it is the day when the world I knew was torn asunder. My mind is bursting with questions, and...
  12. The Nightbird

MA, not you, decides which 3rd party software is unacceptable

To date, 3rd party tools have been accepted for use inside EU. Two good examples are NRF and Entropia Tracker. These programs definitely "collect information from Entropia Universe Systems", are publicly distributed on the forums here, and MA has not taken any action against them. This is...
  13. The Nightbird

Info: So you need a new computer, Look here!

First of all, open http://shop.ebay.com/buyalottastuff/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A1205&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1 in a separate browser tab. This is my favorite PC vendor. He offers the best price, quality, and performance I have ever seen...
  14. The Nightbird

Entropia Tracker Trends

EF's ET trends are always fairly inaccurate. Currently, ET lists: +5.51%, -8.43%, -17.01% EF has: -26.64%, -48.22%, -48.98% It's been like this ever since for as long as I remember. If this could be fixed, that would be great. I suppose with CE2 coming, ET will be broken anyways, but their...
  15. The Nightbird

Buying: LR32 Adj/IMP, Anabolic, or T5

Edit: Since I'm usually not close to a tp, the 200 ped reward also applies if you can direct me to an auction listing and I end up buying it. Keep an eye out and drop me a PM. Thanks! Hi, I'm looking to buy only one of the following listed: LR32 Adjusted and Improved versions Montgomery...
  16. The Nightbird

Loot By Dynamic Pricing Using Microsegmentation

Before you read further, please answer the poll question first! I created this thread to talk about EU using an economic framework. If this interests you, or you have nothing better to read, please continue and thanks for reading. :) What motivated this thread is hearing frequent complaints...
  17. The Nightbird

Email, Instant Messaging, Chat Features

In the context of CE2, with undockable chat windows, I would like to see features that allow: 1. Sending messages to offline people on your friend list, which they can see when they log in. 2. The ability to start an IM conversation with anyone in game if you know their full avatar name. This...
  18. The Nightbird

Nightbird's Mining Diary

I am creating this diary both to motivate myself to do more runs and also stop losing my mining return information. Equipment: OF-105, OM-104, OT-105 Run size: 300 bombs, oa101 only For simplicity, I use tt spent as 450 peds, which is bomb + amp decay. I also only count the tt of...
  19. The Nightbird

Buying: Embra Laser Sword C1 Adjusted

Hi, I'd like to offer +2.5k for this weapon, all peds, and negotiable. If you're interested, please drop me a pm. Thanks! Also interested in Bicak Kek and Kilic Kek, name your price in PM, though can buy only one!
  20. The Nightbird

Buying: Riker UL3 or Breer M4a

Hi, I'm offering +2.5k for UL3 and +3k for M4a. All peds. If interested, please send a private message. Thanks :)
  21. The Nightbird

Question: Do you think EU operates on personal loot pools or common loot pools?

Please allow me to explain both types and the question a little better before answering: note - MA deals in tt values only, as market value is determined by the player base, so when I say X% return, I mean X% of tt spent returned as loot. A personal loot pool would mean MA tracks the gains...
  22. The Nightbird

Radar NSEW Positions Fixed

Well, ever since I started Entropia, I've noticed that the radar direction markers have been a few degrees off. Not a big deal, but should be pretty easy to fix. In fact, I don't care if they fix it for the current version, as long as the CE2 radar is oriented correctly, that would be great :D
  23. The Nightbird

Limit Framerate Option

EU tend to make my graphics card whine pretty loudly, but I don't really need 100fps+ while mining. If MA could add a frame rate limit option in in client loader or somewhere, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure my video card will be a lot quieter and endure less wear and tear at 30 or 40 frames per...
  24. The Nightbird

Final Theory Thread

Since my previous theory threads, I think I'm at the point where I can sum up all I know about how loot is generated in a few easy rules and can share them with everyone. Other experienced miners will have different opinions so feel free to challenge or debate. One note before I start is to...
  25. The Nightbird

Spare Parts for L items

This idea sort of allows L weapons to be repaired, so you don't have keep TTing them and changing quick keys, but in a way that doesn't hurt crafters. Method 1: Part 1. Any L item can be turned into spare parts -> right click, make into spare parts This irreversible process (requires...
Back