Search results

1. A

Info: The Tao of Entropia - A New Player's Guide to Saving PEDs

Deep in our hearts, aren't we all still wearing Orange Jumpsuits? :rolleyes:
  2. A

Need experienced opinion on newb plan

Except the plan was to buy a quad =P Still somewhat grim. 120 PEDs or so for one I think? So, sweating 1k/day, and at 1.7 PED/K which is what most people (resellers and whatnot) seem to buy at around the clock, let's see... 70 days of sweating, roughly. It's not realistic to consider it takes 3...
  3. A

And now I'm wondering what :D But hey, happy to be of use.
  4. A

Very interesting point. I'll do some math on that to try and figure out a general tipping point where it may be worthwhile to refine.
  5. A

Will correct the corrected correction :eyecrazy: Love to get input on that sort of stuff, as I still have some things in my head from back when it was eco to hunt with opalo + a104 that I never re-tested, and since I didn't read patch notes for all updates that happened while I wasn't playing...
  6. A

Help: Please someone help me.

Isn't the guide stuck at vu 10 or so? :confused: That's one of the reasons why I'm writing the Tao, anyway, which I did link :cool: And inviting everyone, new and old alike, to offers suggestions and contributions to make it more complete.
  7. A

It's true that 100 peds will last you a long time on puny mobs. You should however still sweat 'em before killing. If you don't, you'll end up having to go back to sweating later on in order to raise your Evader profession level, as everything in early game can be killed quickly enough that you...
  8. A

Need experienced opinion on newb plan

First of all, welcome to entropia. :D Looks good so far, except FAP 5 is non-sib I believe. Substitute for first Vivo T1 (9 ped), then Herb Box when you max it. You'll skill faster and more economically. Good, but do it with herb box instead, unless you plan to specialize in mindforce healing...
  9. A

And a bump to let everyone know that the new section about Spreadsheets and tracking your returns is done - including an example of a hunting log that you can copy to use for yourself. I hope you all enjoy it :D As usual, feel free to reply here with comments, suggestions, criticism, or...
  10. A

Some things to do very early in the game as a non-depositor: Find a Mentor, preferably one who can be online around the same time you usually play Collect Sweat to sell and build a PED reserve Try collecting oil at the Orthos Oil Field Read a guide to help you figure out the game while...
  11. A

EU/MA/Caly is losing money to Chinese gold farmers.

Depends on the size of the line and if people are there to kill the poor people =P On ideal conditions, yeah, its faster to make PEDs at the oil rig. On the other hand, one would probably make more money doing surveys and crowdsourcing, or just botting on a different game entirely, if one is...
  12. A

Thanks may, I'll be using your suggestion of a list of step-by-step goals and a summary of the 'meat and potatoes' of information at the end of each chapter. I tend to be very long-winded at times, so that will be fairly challenging, to extract a tl;dr of sorts to put at the end. I want to do...
  13. A

Well, exactly, it's really too little to be worth it, and if you factor in how many times you'd have to run it, the difficulty of writing a bot for the entire thing (takes an hour or more of going back and forth over a very non-linear path, 30 minutes if don't you include after-gateway missions...
  14. A

Why Mindark going bankrupt would be great for EU ...

And those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable, according to JFK. Forum posters do more harm to the retention of new players - and by extension, to the community itself - than any MA snafu ever would. :cool:
  15. A

Cool, thanks for the info. I was absent from the game during that update and completely missed that :eek: Already updated the document and the original post with your contribution, feel free to leave suggestions (either about what I've already covered, or about what I should include in the...
  16. A

They may have changed it, but actually the Valkyrie was tradeable last time I checked (6+ months ago when I did the Gateway missions), as was the single piece of CDF Scout armor. Both are nearly worthless in terms of markup, not worth the time to get 'em, and I seriously doubt one could get any...
  17. A

Really? That's weird. I'll log in and test that right away, and correct it if I confirm. Thanks for the pointer ^^ Edit: Confirmed. Fascinating... I guess old habits die hard =P I'll correct it and add a footnote with your contribution. When did that change?
  18. A

Why Mindark going bankrupt would be great for EU ...

Realistically, it goes something like this: you need big investors (depositors) to make an RCE game economy work and stabilized, you need a healthy in-game economy to bring in the regular (small deposits) players to populate the place, you need a stable, time-tested RCE game to bring in both...
  19. A

Unless they changed it, one of the very early ones. From what I recall: get out of the gateway - arrive at icarus - kill some tripudion on icarus beach - do a quest to repair turrets in icarus - then a quest line opens up that has you going to a semi-remote raider camping site that you have to...
  20. A

Hello Diomedes, welcome to the Calypso Forums and to Entropia in general. I believe it's far more likely that some non-depositors are creating multiple accounts in turn to collect every piece of the CDF Scout Armor the hard way... Tho I suppose, if they're selling those, that's a few peds of...
  21. A

Hello, all. I'm in the process of writing a guide, and I'd love to hear input from the community on what I've got so far - nothing is quite set in stone. I'm not quite sure what the moderators would prefer, posting the entire thing here or posting a link to it (I'm writing it on Google Docs so...
  22. A

Restarting

Or to start at a different planet, which can be faster than hitchhiking to a different one when you have nearly no posessions and skills. :cool: Any avatar with more than 10 hours played, I'd rather wait for a ride, if that is the case.
  23. A

Would you (start to) play/deposit in EU as it is NOW?

Oh, I don't mean financially, that's why I said it was taken out of context. The only way to make that much financial success is to invest HEAVILY. Very few people are willing to take the risk, or have the means, to do so (that was one of the points of my first reply to you). Just woke up...
  24. A

That was taken way out of context. It has nothing to do with ownership... It was just the 'most famous' example I could give. I knew, way back in the day, a whole lot of players that earned an income (in the sense of funding their gameplay, not in the sense of being able to pay RL rent) thru...
  25. A

I'll get back to you on that after I properly watch the videos, but I wanted to clarify the next point right away :) I'll edit this post after I watch 'em. That game is actually what I consider to be the one closest to Entropia in terms of gaming experience, but I get bored with all the...
Back