Search results

1. Detritus

MA new majority shareholder

Post removed. It was OP that seemed to think the two are one in the same, but you're right, my comment was unnecessary. As a foot note, I don't think you'll find that I troll "everything and everyone". I don't think I've been very trollish at all lately tbh, mostly just questioning things in...
  2. Detritus

removed trolling
  3. Detritus

PCF Server Move and Software Migration

It seems unnecessary to you because you aren't the one having to maintain it.
  4. Detritus

There's no need to speculate over public knowledge. Shareholders are always listed in the Annual Report Yes, the shares now belong to Tetianna Keruna. Timkins was not a majority shareholder and so neither is Tetianna. There has never been a majority shareholder as far as I can tell.
  5. Detritus

Info: Efficiency vs. Damage Per Pec

I was talking about efficiency, but yea I got you. I would presume that I am not able to cycle enough to make for an accurate test, so I appreciate people like you doing the leg work. :)
  6. Detritus

Right, I mean specifically that 1% efficiency = 0.07% return. It's not quoted in the meta thread and I haven't been able to locate where MA officially stated this - the only quote I found was that it was up to 7% total. If this has been officially clarified it would be great if someone...
  7. Detritus

Can you please cite your source on this? The only official commentary I can find is MA stating that efficiency impacts TT returns up to 7% total, but I can't locate where they indicate that it's a completely linear formula with each % of efficiency equal to 0.07% return.
  8. Detritus

Songkra Valley - Shoot Lead, Get PED (Monthly)

wooot, i didn't realize i made the cut! thanks for a simple event and great mobs :handgun:
  9. Detritus

The PED-USD connection - will it last?

why is that bad? asking for an education, not debating... maybe ped is overvalued or undervalued at $0.10 - would a variable exchange help correct that?
  10. Detritus

The PED-USD connection - will it last?

i think the usd will be fine but personally never understood why the ped was statically tied to any other currency. one usd has a different value today than 18 years ago. why not treat ped like any other currency - regulate and limit its creation and have players trade for it on a dynamic...
  11. Detritus

Every game has cheater not just Entropia Universe.

PCF is in no way representative of the playerbase as a whole. I think by and large most people don't give a shit. If you look at the countless "cheating" threads, it's typically the same voices. The main people who do (and should) care about cheating are the people who have invested a huge...
  12. Detritus

Imagine everyone have 100% TT returns, would the game survive?

doing this would remove the globals/hofs which are the main attraction
  13. Detritus

Yog Pet Buff Issue

as with all mindark shenanigans, this is a management issue don't blame the underpaid and undertrained support staff. idc how small the company is, support cases should be triaged and pm or po should be prioritizing the defect backlog. it should not have fallen on one of the boots on the...
  14. Detritus

Rookie Chat: What is the meaning of this?

I think the only impression it gives is that EU is no different from literally any other multi-user platform that has ever existed. Unless these new users have never communicated with humans before, I think they'll understand and just ignore the trolling. I would be more concerned about them...
  15. Detritus

when does it end?

I agree... they should start by actually forming a QA department.
  16. Detritus

Suggestion: Loot Channel

Would love it, but solo loot logging has been asked for repeatedly for as long as I've been playing. Obviously the code is already there and this would be trivial to enable, so I'm skeptical it will ever happen since it seems like it already would have.
  17. Detritus

Rookie Chat: What is the meaning of this?

I'm not condoning this type of behavior, but is this your first time online or something? This shit isn't unique to EU or even MMOs. This type of trolling is present in every multi-user communication platform ever created, since the BBS days and even before that. Ancient Romans were...
  18. Detritus

Summer Mayhem Annihilation Issues

Known Issues: * Planes currently do not have wings. These will be added in a future patch.
  19. Detritus

Wild guess about current "lag". What's yours?

Right, but since the latency isn't changing, then we know that the server is still responding at least at the network level. That means they put a mechanism in place that knows when the client-server communication is failing in spite of the network connection being fine. That's why I say this...
  20. Detritus

Summer Mayhem Annihilation Issues

Makes sense... it's not like you've been running the same event every 3 months for however many years.
  21. Detritus

Wild guess about current "lag". What's yours?

Indeed, I've seen this so many times. Honestly, the problem to me reeks of a bad NIC or switch port, but that would imply that they've got everything on a single server, which to my understanding is not the case (though would certainly be easy to do with less than 10k players). Can't...
  22. Detritus

What is your gaming chair?

You guys sit? LOL noobs.
  23. Detritus

MankiniGate

If this was done simply to appease a few easily offended people, perhaps a solution would be a user preference for showing "mature" content. Flag all potentially revealing or otherwise hilarious outfits, and if the user has maturity off then they only see the offending avatars in jumpsuits. It...
  24. Detritus

RX Unit Alpha-242

And here I was thinking MA was starting to to show an ounce of creativity with their events... should have known better.
  25. Detritus

Fix this godforsaken lag

If the problem was purely heightened activity that's the easiest problem in the world to solve unless your infrastructure is so trashed you can't scale it properly. Also if it were simply increased load it should not be as rythmic and consistent as it is - I should see different results at...
Back