Search results

1. G

Dare I start a thread on transparency?

Some people do spend the time and effort updating the wiki with updated information about which items are available from mobs / which BPs drop from using which BPs. This is a great start and without these people we'd have nothing, but I would love to see better support for 3rd party apps and...
  2. G

Planet Calypso Content Release 2020.0.2

Interesting what MA see as number 1 priority, trees and grass, hmmmm
  3. G

Suggestion: Option for Removal of Medi-Stims at Land Grab

Interesting that both teams had them available, clearly both teams brought them, which one used first was just a matter of timing, so neither team can really claim the high ground here. I wonder if the solution could be that on the claim marker, where you decide if it's PvP or PvE can just have...
  4. G

Other rewards besides skills in the Codex

I wonder if your trying to solve the wrong problem here. The codex is supposed to solve the issues with team hunting, massive iron missions, be a more engaging and show progress in smaller steps, all these things are to keep people hunting and levelling and so the prizes are valid. I think...
  5. G

Suggestion: Entropia Universe on Steam

I 100% agree with the sentiment, and for the last 20 years this game has been on the edge of great, and while steam does have large numbers, I don't feel like the steam community is a good fit for here. At the risk of throwing out stereotypes, I have found the steam community more toxic, less...
  6. G

Help: [Toulan] The client crashes with exception after 29 Jan 2010 update

If you are using Windows, I have found sometimes after an update the client crashes bad, running one time as administrator does something to fix it, then you can go back to running as usual.
  7. G

Help: Need advice on mobs, budget, and gears for my level

Since loot 2.0 there doesn't seem to be such a need for a finisher any more, loot is directly related to the cost to kill, so a little extra cost on the last shot should be returned in your loot anyway, also use your most efficient setup, (based on the efficiency stat) more efficiency = more...
  8. G

Why doesn't MA have competition?

There are a lot of issues to deal with, you can't just give people a running credit, that wold involve holding peoples money in trust and you'd need various credit licences for that in each country. If you sell, and offer to buy back, you have to deal with anti-money-laundering rules in various...
  9. G

Help Please - re new camera system

Unfortunately if you use this method, you will also stop targeting the mob, so if your plan is to pause and continue with the same mob later, this might not be the best option. There is an Toggle-Auto-Use key mapping as well, which does not de-select the mob between stopping and re-starting...
  10. G

Is there a way to stop Toggle Action de-selecting mobs

After enabling "Interact to Cancel Current Action" to allow Action Toggling (which used to be super desirable) When you toggle off it will deselect your target, is there a way to stop this? (other than the Esc to cancel which defeats the purpose of a toggle) right now, you select your long...
  11. G

Suggestion: Opacity of the Dot

100%, why is it even there when the camera snaps to what your killing anyway, and stops shooting if you move the focus too far off centre. If it has to be there the game should allow a + vs a dot, should allow choice of size, colour and opacity. but please most of all, a fixed vertical height...
  12. G

I did not log in today because...

Are enough people voting with their feet yet to force any fixes?
  13. G

Is the new camera system really like other games?

Certainly not the games I play. Other games use Right or Middle mouse to move the camera, some even use arrow keys They all allow you to look around for your next target (or an escape route) independent of combat. Some auto-stop when the mob is dead which is done in a nice way. Different...
  14. G

What are you top priorities for development?

Some good stuff in those. The obvious one is bring back the old camera system but, given the old days of freedom are gone, my top 10 would be... 1) Make vertical tracking optional +++ 2) Have a cross-hair instead of a dot, optional giant target image too. 3) Loot button back, or right click...
  15. G

Entropia Universe 16.0.3 Release Notes

The 'trick' of moving your camera after targeting something and before shooting to avoid the roller-coaster ride doesn't seem to work any more, making the game almost unbearable. Having to use the use tool button to stop the auto-use feature is just bizarre and makes no sense to me. The evade...
  16. G

Mindark please do this

For me the snap to target is a minor inconvenience, although obviously the old system was way better. The major issue is all the vertical swinging around, if it did not do that I could live with the rest. Also given we have snapped to the target why do we need such a big aim cursor, just leave...
  17. G

questions regarding new camera system

It seems you can't stop the snap to target, but you can change the perspective you get when it does. There are camera controls for vertical height both near and far, so you should be able to find a comfortable view with those. The only solution to the roller coaster ride, flying into the air...
  18. G

Please stop the roller-coaster ride

Has anyone played around with the camera settings and found a way that stops the camera from shooting into space as the mob runs too close, then settling back down as it backs up again, this is making me quite ill. I have mucked about with vertical heights close and far, have messed about with...
  19. G

Some help with vu.16

How do I shoot the mob just one time so that it comes over to me.
  20. G

Legends' 1st Question: Land Plots

I might also mention that during these developments many plots were rotated into a worse position. Will they be rotated back at any time?
  21. G

MindArk AMA - Friday, February 8

It's very frustrating that they had quite some notice, and should have had sufficient time to get together and prepare in advance a good bunch of answers. Instead we get at least 10 minutes between vague non-answers. Yes it's the first one, Yes this is seriously important, lets just hope they...
  22. G

Question: Narfi's 2nd Question

Yes Arc is smaller, but surely it's a decent %, maybe some time is required to gather momentum for larger items but days? that is still a tough sell.
  23. G

Question: Narfi's 2nd Question

This doesn't explain why Arc could not have a FEN trader. It does not explain why it took days before items dropped on Arc vs Calypso.
  24. G

Camera & Control System Preview and Guides

I really hope there will be an alternate interact where I can tag the selected mob one time only. This is important for many reasons: like wanting to melee, wanting to sweat, not wanting to use the amount of ammo the tagger takes, and I am sure there are more. I'd sign a petition to keep the...
  25. G

Suggestion: Conduct Training, Improve LiveSupport's Ability To Benefit The Game

If MA could have trusted the DEVs to make the item lootable in the correct manner, live support would not have needed to be involved. If MA could have trusted the QAs (assuming at least one must exist) to test that the DEVs made the item lootable in the correct manner, live support would not...
Back