Search results

1. Witte

Do you have the skills to help develop Entropedia?

I am doing some small updates so that the site will run more smoothly, but I am not going to add any new functionality. I don't think its a good idea to rewrite the site to another language/enviroment. I do think that its a good idea to share the code on a repository among some people willing to...
  2. Witte

Problem with adding item at entropedia

I will look into this soon, stay tuned.
  3. Witte

Entropedia is broken at the moment

I did a quick fix. I hope to do some maintenance next weekend so that all things that got broken after the server move are fixed again.
  4. Witte

Entropedia is being moved to a new server

I noticed that in order to completely get rid of the mallware you also need to empty your browser cache. On my computer the page with mallware on it was saved in cache, and was loaded instead of the mallware free page that is now online.
  5. Witte

Everything seems to work fine again now, except for the map. But that is an issue with google and will require some updates to the code. Donation button can be found in the lower left by the way ;)
  6. Witte

I forgot to change the database to the new server, that was the reason the site was responding so slow. I am currently fixing this, though all updates since the site was moved will be gone.
  7. Witte

The site is running again. It is not very responsive yet, I will look tomorrow if I can speed it up a bit. I will also keep monitoring to make sure the security issues do not return.
  8. Witte

I am currently in the process of moving Entropedia to a new server. In the meanwhile the site is down. It will be up and running as soon as possible. The new server will have a better security and virus protection, so all the security issues should be solved. Thanks for your patience.
  9. Witte

Warning: Do Not Use Entropedia [NOTE: now cleared by Google Safebrowsing]

I just talked to 711, we are going to move the site to another server next week. The new server will have better security so I hope this will solve all these issues.
  10. Witte

I removed the malicious code. But the cause of it is not fixed yet. I noticed there is no virus scanner on the web server, so my guess is that the web server itself is infected. I tried to install one but I do not have the required access level. If its a virus/tojan it seems to target htm files...
  11. Witte

I have taken a quick look, the file "paypal.htm" no longer contains the same data as the file I have locally. It looks like someone figured out how to get admin access to the site and overwritten the file. I will see if I can fix this.
  12. Witte

How to add a shopping mall in entropedia?

This issue should now be fixed. Thanks for reporting.
  13. Witte

Mining Depth Calculator bugged

Ok that is fixed.
  14. Witte

I added 3 columns. I have not checked any of the values though, so feedback is welcome.
  15. Witte

What should the new system be like? Two columns with a depth for both professions? Or a single column where you can choose the profession?
  16. Witte

Item image bug in Info pages

its fixed, thanks for reporting.
  17. Witte

Enhancer costs on the WeaponComapre?

How it currently works is: You calculate the total cost per click yourself (including markup), and enter it. The reason it works like this is because the break rates are not known as far as I know. If data is available about break rates, I can update the tool.
  18. Witte

INFO: Guide on updating Entropedia..The EU WIKI!

Nice work. It may also be an idea to add this guide to Entropedia itself, for example in the help page.
  19. Witte

Entropedia.info Official Thread

Search has been fixed.
  20. Witte

Entropedia no longer logged in

Try deleting the cookie.
  21. Witte

Entropedia needs server maintenance

I made some more optimizations, search and loading charts should be faster.
  22. Witte

(L) Armors included when No (L) is selected

I changed the filter parameter to "L)" instead of "(L)" so it should work now.
  23. Witte

Well, it turned out that when the index is used the query becomes extremely slow. So after deleting the index, everything seems to run fine again. I have no idea why it is like this but is seems that the trial and error method once again prevails :cool:. Thanks for the suggestions and help.
  24. Witte

The actual query is a lot longer, I just removed everything that didn't influence the speed. So in actuality only the relevant data is fetched. I experimented a bit more with what you said, the "explain" command. And there is a difference when I use "!=" or "NOT LIKE". When using !=, the key is...
  25. Witte

In the meanwhile I made some progress. It seems that when I replace "Chart!='Chart'" with "Chart NOT LIKE 'Chart'" the issue is solved. The query time reduces from 2.8s to 1ms. I have absolutely no idea why but maybe to someone else this information is useful. If I do not find the cause of the...
Back