Search results

1. K

Question: Is there such a thing as area respawn time?!

What you will find in the same zone are claims that were respawned in this zone because other miners dropped the bombs in other parts of the respawn rectangle. That's what MA means by saying that your finds depend on actions of other miners, too.
  2. K

Question: Is there such a thing as area respawn time?!

The problem with that experiment is that your search zone is a small part of large respawn rectangle. The probability of a claim to respawn in the same zone is the ratio of your search area and the area of the whole respawn rectangle. Only a small part of the respawn rectangle can be covered by...
  3. K

Mining loot analysis

18.08.2008 9699 ped duru tk220 + oa101 (http://www.entropiaworld.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=4456) 13.07.2008 14674 ped narc of105 + oa105 (http://www.entropiaworld.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=4340) I also have some older data and some yet unchecked data that I hope to add here later. Great...
  4. K

Help: component crafting

Big +rep to all people who give some advices for crafting ;) That said, a tiny bit of my own experience. Many things in crafting can be understood only with the help of a spreadsheet. For example, the skilling efficiency vs. cost per click and level of BP. Very few serious crafters would share...
  5. K

Selling: Phantom foot guards blueprint (L)

Don't forget to mention how many clicks it has ;)
  6. K

How to analyze loot

Very interesting result, and a good base for further study. May I suggest that this is an indication that MA compensates also for the damage done to avatar by mob, as I hypothesized earlier?
  7. K

How to analyze loot

Here I don't speak about markup. This thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/67098-economics-frugality-experiment-6.html shows that in general payout for eco hunt after amp nerf is more or less balanced with expenditures.
  8. K

How to analyze loot

It is clear that the overall payout can't be higher than peds spent. However some people are more successful than others, and knowing these people I doubt it is a matter of pure luck. The examples of non-depositors show that profiting is possible, including myself. But I'm not a good example...
  9. K

How to analyze loot

This is true. But I'm afraid that with your next hypothesis you are going the wrong direction. You are trying to check whether previous spends affect the future payouts. Without this assumption it can be seen as just time-dependent probabilities per avatar. In practical sense, it means the...
  10. K

Skill Scanner

Sorry jdegre, I imagine how you feel after this thing happened. Probably people in MA just don't realize how tools like skill scanner are actually useful for them. These tools attract more people and make game more interesting, and with such silly re-designs people who make these decisions are...
  11. K

How to analyze loot

100% correct. My own experience (and probably Witte's, if he sees this and might want to comment on it) says that this is not the case. There is no such thing as accumulation of hp (that would be identical to "hunting only" loot pool). But it is possible to find a hot mob and hot area for...
  12. K

How to analyze loot

Falkao, here is some more field data for you: today's quick and merciless Formidon hunt for fun and profit - how it should be when it is hot: Consecutive loots follow, in pecs: logged on - 95 0 275 0 184 169 321 2223 163 0 176 163 333 7291 176 0 9362 0 87 0 101 7405 166 445 - logged off Can...
  13. K

How to analyze loot

If you remember, falkao, in my raw data there is a sample of how much formidons young regenerate. It is not much at all, the estimate is 5-15% if using such a slow weapon as CB-19+beast. So effective mob HP is 1210 average, taking regeneration into account. However, there is another hypothesis...
  14. K

Some utterly insane tests

I'm afraid that there is still not enough data to develop more clear models. I'd suggest if someone decides to do more tests, to get some data for mobs with HP~500-600, for 300 mobs at least. Unfortunately my rl issues prevent me from doing extensive tests atm. I still have some old data about...
  15. K

It's my fault, I should have mentioned it explicitly. This LA has hunting tax of 3%, if I remember correctly. There were some posts on EF saying that the tax is applied immediately, but there were no precise tests. While mining, however, I used to get lesser finds in LA than outside LA. With...
  16. K

Running speed Nerfed!!

Yes, all under 150. Here are more details: Ñêîðîñòü áåãà - EntropiaWorld - Russian Entropia Universe To summarize for those who don't read Russian: it seems that a noob with 20 agility runs 10% slower than an avatar with 60 agility, and there is no difference after ~50. A person with ~55...
  17. K

Running speed Nerfed!!

Check it by yourself. First I didn't believe either, then I did the test by myself and I saw it with my own eyes, there was no doubt that all of us were running same speed.
  18. K

Running speed Nerfed!!

This used to be so, but probably not any more. We did a test about a month ago - three people with agility 61, 64 and 70. Running straight ahead - always side by side, exactly same speed. I'd call it 'silent agility nerf'.
  19. K

With total respect to your work, this logiс completely evades me tbh. Why do you to assume mean loot of 110 or 123? Why there should be any kind of compensation and for what? I don't see any grounds for hypotheses of "filling" the loot pool and then "emptying" the loot pool in personal hunts...
  20. K

With a gun that does 59 max dmg (CB19+beast) one can kill a mob of 1100 HP in 25 shots average if there are no misses and no regeneration. With formidons I have to fap at times, therefore number of shots to kill one mob can vary from 23-24 shots (with crits and no misses) to 28-30 shots with 3-4...
  21. K

I think your analysis will be easier if instead of loot pool (I'd say, "mythical loot pool") you apply known numbers, like total HP of a mob and the minimum cost to kill it. It is very probable that the average total return from a mob is equal or a little bit less than the minimum total cost to...
  22. K

Mainly it was ISIS CB19+beast. Often I used Bravo for tagging. Yes, Formidon Young is the mob of one maturity - i.e., Formidon Young. Its final HP however can vary due to some regeneration. Your analysis is very interesting and insightful. It's kinda hard for me to understand what you mean by...
  23. K

Mob Damage Studies - Circa 2008

Formidon check Got 3 hits from Formidon Young in goblin for 56.7, 54.9, 81.8. Decay was 0.530 pec for arm-guards (8.3 impact absorbed) and 1.329 pec for harness. With 12 impact of 94 total damage we get perfect match for 56.7: 12/8.3=94/(56.7+8.3). So at least impact part and total damage seems...
  24. K

Finally there are some data to be published: Google Docs - Formidon Young Loot Test This spreadsheet records the data of 4 runs at Formidon valley, with total of 280 mobs killed. Each individual loot is recorded. Some statistics is provided with the first datasheet, along with empirical costs...
  25. K

Mining Depths Data Ores Enmatters Finders

Himi with OF-105 several times.
Back