Search results

1. JohnCapital

entropialife.com down?

Seems I can't reach it??
  2. JohnCapital

Hunting Is Dead To Me

Warning: Long post. Looooong. Warning #2: Lotta stats and numbers. Lately (meaning the past few years) I found myself doing almost all mining and barely any hunting (+ a little crafting). I like hunting, I do, but it always seemed my hunting runs were just ped sinks. So I decided to check...
  3. JohnCapital

Achievement: Commando, years too late

Been mostly mining for the past few years. Couple of months ago, I noticed that I seem to have been sitting at level 68 laser pistol (hit) for the longest time. (Yes, obviously I don't pay attention to my skills/professions. My mining setup works, so any mining skill gains don't matter to me.)...
  4. JohnCapital

Selling: Tons of N00bie (L) weapons

In my explorations I stumbled upon a cache of noobie (L) weapons and want to give them a good home. (The Fanoos faps I got from Planet Toulan, but rest of the item all dropped from a single, easy to kill mob in a very high ratio) I'm only selling as a whole batch. The markup on these are...
  5. JohnCapital

Selling: Basic armors: Ghost, Gremlin, Adj. Pixie, CDF Scout

Since I'm clearly not hunting much these days, might as well sell these armor sets to people who will actually use them. Adj Pixie +65 Ghost +285 Gremlin +330 Tiers (laughable), MU and price shown in pic
  6. JohnCapital

Need New Chair Recommendations

I've been using the same chair for 5+ years. Time to get a new one. Anyone have recommendations for a good quality, comfortable office/gaming chair?
  7. JohnCapital

Attaching items doesn't change weight amount anymore?

So my current weight limits is 68 / 356 kg. I detached: 7 x 0.3 kg armor plates 2 x 1 kg weapon amps 0.1 kg sight 1 kg scope And my weight limit is... 68 / 356 kg Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't attaching items remove their weight limits? When did this change?
  8. JohnCapital

Invasion of the lyst

I know the lyst/oil waves have upset people, but at least there were a few places that didn't have that problem. And now, that's gone. After mining almost exclusively in the same places for years and NEVER hitting lyst/ioil there, I've been hitting quite a few claims starting today. Oh well...
  9. JohnCapital

Searching for 3 specific material

So, if I wanted to mine as best as possible for: Alice Belk Zinc Any recommendations for locations? If you are reluctant to offer advice publically (because these common items are also in your high-quality mining area or something) feel free to PM me here.
  10. JohnCapital

Selling: Spreadsheet

I'm offering a version of the spreadsheet I've used for 6+ years. It's designed to track the results of every run, every sale, every purchase and keep a running profit/loss. 21 tabs, covering basically every action ingame (if I'm missing something you think you need, let me know) plus a few...
  11. JohnCapital

Selling: Postcards, figurines, posters and other IRL Entropia stuff

I collected a few IRL Entropia items years ago and with house cleaning, it's time to see if someone else wants them. They've all been kept in real good condition (keep in mind the figurines weren't great quality to begin with) no problematic bends, marking, etc. (except the creases in the...
  12. JohnCapital

Question: Scan Technology

Is this skill toast now that we can't scan vehicles? Or is there some other way to skill this still?
  13. JohnCapital

Selling: Wife's Clothing Sets

With the changes made recently, (and some health issues) my wife can no longer play due to motion sickness. So we made the decision to finally sell her stuff. (Everything else she had has been sold. This is the last of her stuff.) Wife's Avatar: Winterhart Purple Dragon Sets meant to be sold...
  14. JohnCapital

Selling: Wife's Clothes + Armor

With the changes made recently, (and some health issues) my wife can no longer play due to motion sickness. So we made the decision to finally sell her stuff. Wife's Avatar: Winterhart Purple Dragon Armor SET Adjusted Pixie (F) - SOLD SET CDF Scout (F) - SOLD SET Gremlin (F) - SOLD SET Kobold...
  15. JohnCapital

My testing of VU 16.0

OK did my own testing (meaning I played, mined and hunted) My standard gear: 3 weapons(main, tagger & finisher), "tool" (scanner or wood chipper, depending) 2 faps, finder, extractor, refiner, 3 ships, TP chip 1 & 2, sweating tool I don't depo a lot. I also have never withdrawn. I'm a solid...
  16. JohnCapital

New gun found (fiction)

NOTE: An old post I decided to adjust slightly & revive for the lulz. While on a public tour of the local military base, I snuck away and found a room where they were developing... The ADT Squir-Tor MK.I (L) I copied the info down quickly and got out of there before they noticed I was gone...
  17. JohnCapital

Speed test - TP chip vs flying

For fun, I decided to do a speed & cost test to compare tp chips and flying. Items used: Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) Teleportation Chip I Teleportation Chip II NeoPsion 10 Mindforce Implant Mind Essence This is a fairly typical set of ships + chips used by most players, I...
  18. JohnCapital

entropialife.com Site Down?

Anyone else having trouble getting to http://www.entropialife.com/ or running EL program? :scratch2:
  19. JohnCapital

Selling: Ruby Rabbit, freshly tamed

Just happened upon this and now need to give it a home. Asking 75ped
  20. JohnCapital

Question: ZX Sinkadus: Best weapons/mobs?

With the ZX amp from the beginner packages, what: Weapons would you recommend I use? Mobs would you recommend I hunt? I'm not a n00b, but the ZX is what I have and can't afford to go buying other amps. So I would like to hear what easily available setups and mob combos you folks think are...
  21. JohnCapital

Info: Is eco ALL you need? Test

Been doing some more long term testing, and the results are interesting. First, what if you do small(puny) mobs with eco setups and virtually no armor/fap cost? I've hunted quite a few small mobs this year and the results are quite a bit more disappointing than I expected...
  22. JohnCapital

Info: Eco? Food for thought

Something I want you to consider when trying to figure this game out: Old Days Dmg/Pec in the 2.8 range was typical Maxed weapons were rare Most folks were 2-5 HA and Crit, not 10/10 20-30 Dmg/Sec was considered good for most hunters Shots not aimed at a mob still used ammo/decay Travel via tp...
  23. JohnCapital

Help: Hey MA: Start Fixing, Stop Adding

Short version: Stop adding things. Just spend a few months on strictly fixing all the ingame bugs. That'll do more to draw/keep paying customers then any "next big investment potential" you can come up with. Long version: 6 years ago, I made a thread giving you a quick road map to better...
  24. JohnCapital

Before You Share Your New Idea...

So, you've come up with a great idea you think MA should implement. It'll vastly improve the game in your opinion. Before you spout your idea, here's some things to think about: 1. Not everyone has the same play style as you You'd be amazed how many different ways there are of hunting, mining...
  25. JohnCapital

Crafters need more love, not less

I was responding to a post, but it's honestly off topic from the original thread so branching out here. MA has a history of trying it both ways already, both completely eliminating and requiring crafters. Consider: *Feff -> Korss H400 (L) in every global. Crafters need not apply. And in the...
Back