Search results

1. C

UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

In the nicest way possible, it's the most uninspired UI I've ever seen. Entropia has always done a great job at giving the feeling of immersion, provide escapism, and having it's very unique look and feel about it. This new UI has no artistic feel - a prime example is the disconnect between what...
  2. C

MindArk's net sales and profit after financial items increase significantly in Q4 2023

It wasn't my intention to imply anything other than that of curiosity for such a massive, sudden change.
  3. C

MindArk's net sales and profit after financial items increase significantly in Q4 2023

Some good analysis here. So what is the factor that drove a jump of stock price from 2.5 to 3.9, with half a million turnover in a single day that then resulted in multiple days of selling? People just getting out while ahead? Something further we don't have the full data on?
  4. C

Just as a thought experiment - could an "unconsumed user holding" be an account they've closed for any number of reasons including inactivity? If they were deciding the money on our card or item value is now their 'income' that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but again, not a financial...
  5. C

I'm actually more interested in this small snippet. More specifically, how this information affects a single-day change in a stock price as shown here: https://spotlightstockmarket.com/en/companies/irabout?InstrumentId=XSAT0000C0TQ I'm not a financial expert - and I would love someone to...
  6. C

Loot 2.0 killed the game

I think you and others seem to miss the point. I'm not complaining, I'm explaining. Unfortunately, I can't loot anecdotes. I'm just telling people why I no longer invest in such a volatile market, and why many others have left. Maybe you'll ask cows the price of milk next. :) (Even if we...
  7. C

Thoughts on this, anyone? My curiosity sure is piqued.
  8. C

MindArk PE AB (publ) ("MindArk" or the "Company") expects to report results for the fourth quarter of 2023 that are higher than current market expectations. The Company estimates that net sales for the fourth quarter of 2023 will amount to approximately 45-47 MSEK. This represents an increase of...
  9. C

Loot 2.0 killed the game

Forget all the ridiculous arguments here about what has changed or hasn't changed in loot - or the people telling you that you "don't need an item drop" and they reduce the argument to one about 'profit'. This is such a low-brow argument to make; you don't need to be a financial expert to...
  10. C

Question: is boting good ?

Now it's just a slog to become as 'efficient' as you can while producing as many loot events as possible. Sounds more like an autoclicker game than an MMO and that's why people would resort to botting. Also, many people don't have 16-20 hours a day to produce the results needed to create...
  11. C

Is it time for MA to be transparent with player costs/expected values?

I've never seen a better example of the Gambler's Fallacy. However, this is why the thread was made - it's pointless to speculate based on the word of MA and certain hunting/mining/crafting logs from people who haven't quit yet. The idea that if someone loses it can't be the system, MA, or...
  12. C

Well you heard it here folks, you just use the "one simple trick" and you can all profit. If only everyone knew all of this intricate knowledge of the system years ago, which you obviously possess, we'd all be cashing out on our yachts. Darn.
  13. C

Whether nostalgia or otherwise, pre-CE was the most fun and certainly the most active in terms of community engagement within the game. The argument about how predictable it was is something else entirely, and in any case, it was a much more interesting system. There was certainly a larger gap...
  14. C

Nothing I said had anything to do with return or anything of that nature, it was about transparency; you've missed the point entirely, just like you have throughout this thread. This isn't Reddit, if you have a coherent point that is based in logic and fact I'm more than happy to hear your rebuttal.
  15. C

Viewing this thread, it's sad that I had higher expectations of some of the older players here. The delusion is incredible; at any instance you're ready to call foul at the hundreds of major mistakes they've made (printing PED, items, unbreakable amps, drops all to the same person) but when it...
  16. C

You're a little late to the party if you believe that. Everything has been figured out and leveraged many times - it's just difficult to see unless you have multiple perspectives. Transparency surrounding multi's, whatever "loot wave" nonsense is happening this month, and the "dynamic" loot...
  17. C

Question: What should Mindark do

This is spot on, and I see no clear logical explanation otherwise. This is made even more apparent by the responses you see here, just as I mentioned in my own reply. Lots of anecdotal statements, completely forgetting that their "cycle" doesn't exist in a vaccum.
  18. C

Question: What should Mindark do

I want to state the overarching point here: It defies all logic that a company who states their income is from in-game activities, would artificially create such a high barrier to entry to stop people from creating revenue. More players shooting bigger guns = more revenue. All I see is a shoddy...
  19. C

TWEN Anniversary Gift

I've been so negative lately here, so I'll post a little more cheerfully. MA has always provided the highest quality control, ethics, fair practice, and user experience; they present another shining example of what this fantastic company has accomplished in 20 short years. Well done MA, and a...
  20. C

Solutions for Mindark to remove lootable pvp in space

Lootable PvP has very little to do with pricing because no reasonable person takes any risk, it's really only noobs and people who are lazy or maybe it just slipped their mind - either way it was a ridiculous idea when they added it all those years ago. It still blows my mind; MA made the...
  21. C

A rental terminal would help us all!

MA makes the rules, MA distributes the loot. MA is the reason you are even asking for a "rental" system when you should just put your money where you mouth is so they make a change. The only reason this even comes up is because of the blatant gaming MA does with drops that only supports...
  22. C

A rental terminal would help us all!

This is already happening to a significant number of the good items in the game, minus the renting fee. If it's not, it's being re-sold by one of a handful of ava's who buy up every good item and immediately post it well above any value you'll get back from it. All the good items are already...
  23. C

Suggestion: The NR1 thing that makes ppl not deposit, or deposit less...

The "fun" left in Entropia is a wide as the universe and as deep as the thickness of an atom. They have slapped a hundred systems on to each other, with each new one becoming less of an improvement and more of a façade to hide the crumbling interior. Also that MA has the ability to artificially...
  24. C

Discussion about entropia

The biggest problem with EU is the bar never stopped moving, and likely never will. When I started, you could get the best guns at the time (mod merc/imk2), and a (mod/imp) fap for under 1k USD. The cost of the highest-level guns is now the cost of a down payment on a fairly nice home. As well...
  25. C

How space can ruin game experience

Ignoring every other aspect, and coming from someone who was a competitive player when they were younger: space pvp in Entropia cannot even be called that other than the fact one person has the ability to end the life of another. That is literally the depth of space pvp, and honestly why it's so...
Back