Search results

1. Caramon

so how and where did this personal loot pool fantasy start?

Yeah you are right about that. That is indeed MA talking about "loot pools", missed that bit. Anyway, until there is a clear MA definition of what a "loot pool" is I dont think we will come to any real conclusions. I think thats good. The more we know for sure about how loot is generated, the...
  2. Caramon

so how and where did this personal loot pool fantasy start?

No, it can just as well mean that returns on hunting, mining and crafting activities are calculated using algorithms that does not consider the amount of ped in the system (aka loot pool). I have not seen Mindark acknowledge the existance of a loot pool. I even remember an old Marco remark...
  3. Caramon

Merry Mayhem 2011

It was introduced for the first MM. First draft of rules didnt have this part. Then people complained that only those that could be online 24/7 stood a chance. Also it was to keep participants for endangering their health by playing continuously for like 5 days without break, food and sleep. A...
  4. Caramon

Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

Translated with google and then edited by me to fix obvious errors: Financial performance and equity of the parent company Economic development during the year remained weak, partly because of delays in development and conversion work and because no active marketing has been done. Net Income...
  5. Caramon

We know entire MA revenue was 59.9 M We know 22.5 M was distributed from MA to the planet partner as the Calypso planet partner cut. Based on that this is how I understand the breakdown of how the total 59.9 M in revenue would have been distributed in 2010 with the deed holder setup: 14.90M...
  6. Caramon

Oops. Missed that one. And you were the first to do it. You definately also deserve a plusrep. My only defense is that this is now a 1190 post thread... :)
  7. Caramon

Yes, the numbers are in the latest semiannual report for all to see and check. I did the calculation here. Anhithe did it again here. I got an approving plusrep from David|Mindark for my post, to me that indicates that this really is how MA came up with the projected return.
  8. Caramon

The Psychology of EU and Player Spending

Thank you Leona for one of the best posts I ever read here!
  9. Caramon

Selling: Chikara Bakeneko

I see what you did there :)
  10. Caramon

Ok we understand you believe this is all just a scam from MA, but you have no facts to back that belief. Can we move along and drop this subject?
  11. Caramon

Deeds - your opinion

Nice post but but I see a problem with it (as you point out in the last line). I dont think the ppl answering this poll are representative of the entire calypso population. Those answering this poll are likely more interested in the deeds and planning to buy some than the average calypsian. So...
  12. Caramon

Does Avataar Luck really Exist!! A non believer starts believing :(

If I believed any of these theories of how MA "rigged" the game to be unfair to some I would immediately sell out and quit. I dont see any reason for them to risk doing that. And I see no evidence that they do it. So I am still here.
  13. Caramon

Deeds - your opinion

Deeds as an economic indicator One side effect of deeds is that Calypso economic activity will be much more transparent to all. Increasing deed payout = economic activity (player activity) on the increase Decresing deed payout = economy activity (player activity) is going down. I think this...
  14. Caramon

Auction morons

I often sell loot with buyout at market or slightly under. I do it as an insurance that the stuff sell and that it sells fast. I could sell with BO higher than market but then I have to worry if the stuff sells or not. I realise that it makes it "increasingly difficult to sell anything on...
  15. Caramon

I studied the latest 2010 annual report and found this interesting section: "Nettointäkterna exklusive internfakturering mot koncernbolag uppgick till 59,9 miljoner kronor (förra året 65,9 miljoner kronor). Av de totala intäkterna har 22,5 miljoner kronor (förra året 21,3 miljoner kronor)...
  16. Caramon

safer currency then us$

Yeah I think you are right. UNCONSUMED USER HOLDING" is listed outside Assets and Equity & Liabilities in Page 7. Seems they are just listing the number and there is no corresponding post in the balance. The only thing corresponding to it in the balance I can see is the is the Equity (Eget...
  17. Caramon

safer currency then us$

Yes I think every ped has real support in SEK and that it is the "UNCONSUMED USER HOLDING" accounted for in liabilities section of the financial reports. It is 61.1 MSEK = 9.1 M$ in the latest report and I believe that is the sum of all TT value and peds in game. It could give them a cash flow...
  18. Caramon

Voting rights restricted to the propertied?

NOTHING in MAs statements say these are in essence shares. MA is NOT selling calypso to players. They are more like virtual bonds. Dont assume you will have shareholder influence. I do not believe for one instant that MA intends to hand over important company decisions to the deed owners. They...
  19. Caramon

Not even MA knows the answer to your question that since "system development is scheduled to begin in 2012."
  20. Caramon

Calypso sale: check my math

Only Stars peds and TT value of items is of interest to MA. To withdraw the markup of items someone else have to pay the markup of those items with peds that somewhere down the trading chain has to be deposited. Im pretty sure the majority of Stars and other top level avatars assets are in...
  21. Caramon

FYI: MindArk's president J-W Timkrans has been let go!

This thread is going seriously off-topic since it was necroed but here are my 2 pecs: In many MMOs buying influence/success with real life cash is frowned upon. EU is totally different. The whole game is built upon that possibility. The possibility to invest real money into ingame assest to...
  22. Caramon

Definately not. Your virtual avatar is the owner of a virtual deed that will pay out virtual currency based on set rules. MA could still sell off Calypso again if they wanted.
  23. Caramon

Interesting, One important factor is wheter the "Increase of player hold unconsumed peds" should be substracted from "Net player deposits" or not. The real MA revenue is the "Net player deposit" and using that figure only would result in a ROI close to 27%. I agree with Sircus that a...
  24. Caramon

This new setup will have some interesting and hard to predict longterm effects on MA revenue and ingame economy: From now on 25% of all Calypso deposits will be cycled back directly to the user community. That means that the current activity level will be supported with only 75% of the deposits...
  25. Caramon

Ingame prices head lower... for high end items?

A more important fact is that the player base is now trying to raise 60 Million peds for the huge pedsink that are the deeds. Many people will be trying to sell stuff to cash in on markup and get hold of other peoples liquid peds. It will be a buyers market until the deeds are sold and the...
Back