Сyberpsychology

Synchronizitat

Provider
This is what a person( works at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ) who has studied the psychology of MMORPG for many years writes:

MMO players' motivation and willingness to continue playing is encouraged by game design aspects such as challenge, fantasy, curiosity , narrative, character design , feedback, clear goals and tasks, and by providing users ways to feel control in the virtual world . These design aspects promote intrinsically-rewarding behaviors that make player experiences more enjoyable and more likely to be repeated in the future .

So everyone can put a mark on what is well implemented and what else needs to be implemented for the global success of our beloved Entropia.
Challenge
Fantasy
Curiosity
Narrative
Character design
Feedback
Clear goals and tasks
Ways to feel control in the virtual world

Maybe fantasy is being used in the sense of imagination here. I would add the words creativity and rewards, creativity used both in what is provided as well as in the action/task combinations a player can perform, and rewards as an essential part of the clear goals and tasks field (not just calling other actions psychologically rewarding). In an RCE, design aspects which enable success itself are also important for the MMO to be successful, but I guess your quote from the study is a good starter.

Also, various factors can be appealing to people at different times. Thus, the ability to chill out at a slow pace may be just as popular as having to concentrate hard at other times. This factor would be called variety, for example.

I write this because I wouldn't necessarily be too complimentary about MA's performance based on your (quoted) list, but EU does score points elsewhere as well.
Edit: - not to mention elements such as team-playability and social aspects....

Yes, the researcher means the endogenous fantasy.
Сreativity is one of the components - Ways to feel control in the virtual world .

This is what a person( works at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ) who has studied the psychology of MMORPG for many years writes:

MMO players' motivation and willingness to continue playing is encouraged by game design aspects such as challenge, fantasy, curiosity , narrative, character design , feedback, clear goals and tasks, and by providing users ways to feel control in the virtual world . These design aspects promote intrinsically-rewarding behaviors that make player experiences more enjoyable and more likely to be repeated in the future .

So everyone can put a mark on what is well implemented and what else needs to be implemented for the global success of our beloved Entropia.
Challenge
Fantasy
Curiosity
Narrative
Character design
Feedback
Clear goals and tasks
Ways to feel control in the virtual world

I think Entropia is pretty unique in that it is more of a Persistent Virtual Universe about making money disguised as an MMORPG, so all of the definitions and theory about MMOs may or may not apply to it. I think MindArk is blazing new trails and are aware of this.

So I would revise that list as follows as I think these would be better suited (but not necessarily in this order):
1. Opportunity
2. Rewards
3. Scarcities
4. Stability
5. Value
6. Security
7. Guarantee

In agreement with Legends, I just tapped the tip of the iceberg by mentioning design aspects for an RCE. Elements such as stability, value and security increase in importance massively as parts of what is needed for success here. The term "functioning economy" encompasses a lot of those and might thus be a useful over-riding term as a pillar, before branching out into those subsections.
I also see scarcity as being a subset of both this pillar and of the challenge and reward pillars. The OP mentioned that my suggestion of creativity was part of ways to feel control in a virtual world, so I view this conversation so far as juggling around with terms and assessing relationships between them.

I've not got the name of a book already written about programming RPGs available, but it was written something like 25 years ago and also looks at the psychology of playing in virtual environments and how to program options well here. Maybe someone else here knows which book I mean.

It is much easier to be cool in a computer game, you can be anyone in the virtual world, realize your ideas that you cannot implement in real life. And very often games can help relieve stress. Someone relieves stress with alcohol, someone with games. It seems to me that games are a safer anti-stress.

Reactions: San
Back