Info: 1 Year playing bring the cost of 10 000$

Do you think we should be paying 10 000$ to play a game that is full of bugs and the devs do not listen the players?

It's your choice to spend that much and this game has always had bugs and the dev team does listen to players but doesn't always act on their requests.

10k for a game is insane, that's for sure, not to mention in just a year...
If it's worth it, up to you...
If loot is fair, I don't know.

What I do know:
- dasps, falx are on tax;
- rockets need ammo that has markup;
- rockets missed shots are not reimbursed in loot;
- tier mats have a fuckton of MU these days;
- fen rocket is trash effi, so does the sparkbyte;
- doing dailies is .. a big investment in a coat, most mobs are trash.

So the answer to your question is, depending on how hard you did the stuff above, your peds went on the ground, probably n some guy's lucky ATH....
Usually there are balancing loots but those will not take into account when the player leaves peds on the ground on purpose.
You can pay 10k a year (or even more), play for free, or make 10k (or even more). Up to you and your actions.

There's a huge difference in playing with swine deluxe and imk2, both tools provided by MA, but one will be forever a depositor and the other will play for free, maybe even making a small profit.
It's all up to you....

What I do know:

So the answer to your question is, depending on how hard you did the stuff above, your peds went on the ground, probably n some guy's lucky ATH....
Usually there are balancing loots but those will not take into account when the player leaves peds on the ground on purpose.
You can pay 10k a year (or even more), play for free, or make 10k (or even more). Up to you and your actions.

There's a huge difference in playing with swine deluxe and imk2, both tools provided by MA, but one will be forever a depositor and the other will play for free, maybe even making a small profit.
It's all up to you....

Agree 1000% with this.

It would be interesting to know how many prof lvl you made during that time, and total skills in that time.
10k is a lot but not impossible in a year - even with good effi, but on wrong mobs :)

This is what the player base asked for tbh. Less cost to play - "Better returns". So the system is taking long time to be able to pay out again.

From PE to EU 2.0 all my logs show that to have a good % return I have to increase my hours grinding to c the returns even out close to 95 % - 98 %

This is not MU included.

Would be fun to c what happend if MA removed the "extra loot" you can get sometimes and put it back into the multiplier system again.

And bring back "no looters" :D

Mute me but : Fuck no
This game is too damn expensive, it has made some changes, but no where near adjusting to more modern economic times. Never mind the pandemic, they are still years behind global economics. They have been changing/losing vendors and options to make payments, withdrawals continue to take many many months.
I play another MMO that has WEEKLY content updates and have played it for a few years. I maybe have spent $100 total.
Same amount in EU can and will be gone in a few hours to a weekend. If you play 1 hour a day max then you can keep the costs low or if you do noob activties, otherwise you can expect to deposit $50-hunderds a month to play.
Content is slow, promises fall flat, communication from devs is a joke, esi so rare that skills are often worthless, etc.

I don't understand why there can't be a base 100% expected return. Like EVERYONE gets 95% and maybe a few get 100+. Like you always will loose but maybe if you are smart you get 100% and a few who get lucky get over that. Instead it's like 10 people get 70% and 3 people get 105 and they call it 95% average (not correct math, but just example)
It just ends up feeling like devs are too greedy.
I still love the game with all this said, I've just drasticlly pulled back the money I deposit because it's just a continual rip off. My only hope is MA sells the game to someone with actual interest in it and willing to spend some time other than click to collect their money.

The ATH is most definitely being paid back.

You had your chance to quit while you were ahead, now the loot calculation, which is like a Sine Wave with a baseline return % that you carve out for yourself based on your gears/skill. This is what is keeping you well under the baseline % to recover the massive spike you got over that baseline when you hit ATH. My guess is you would have seen this happen a lot sooner if you were Looting at that time instead of Fapping.

Remember, averages account for all the data and average out over time. You can be 200% TT profit at some point but expect 50% returns afterwards in the relative short term so that the average of your returns meet your baseline (which can change based on skills/gear). I'm unsure of how fast the system wants to recover.

With that being said, I think the loot 2.0 switch accounted for all those old accounts that were heavily in TT profit prior to the change and are now paying it back in a system that's more strict on the input/output ped (cost to kill).

You made a great decision in that Mod Fap, use it, get paid, make profit, stop complaining. You literally have one of the best guaranteed profit items in the game. Don't try and beat MA anymore, you already won with the ATH.

Man you talk with 2 globals on hunt 12 ped lmao.

When you get at some level 50-150k ath wont mean much. Imo you lose more if you start from scrap. Just think how crappy are the weapons at low level , the time it takes to make level 100 again and in all this time if your playing for generating markup you were losing decent monthly profit.

What I do know:

It's all up to you....

dasps and falx are on tax?

I did most of my codex daspl at Ashi was it taxed and I didnt know?
- Falx I hunt small ones at 0% taxed land or big ones if soc owns the land with 2% tax but it MU cover that for sure!
- Rocket ammo has MU if you buy it
- Rocket "missed" (no one misses the shot just go trough the hit box of the mob)
- If I read right eff dont affect your loot return just the loot composition (correct me if I'm wrong)
- doing daillies to get some good guns don't look to me like a bad idea as you can attach an extender and it lasts for ever. And when its small mobs I use MF for skilling

My progress since March of 2020:
254 Hps - 310 Hps
from 93 of dmg/Hit ranged laser to 100

most of my progress was at MF including Bio from 2x to 56 actually
and cryo reached lvl60 (never skilled before)

a bit on mining and a bit on craft

I never craft big or in cond

and my biggest amp this last year was a D-Class

It is actually free to play.What is expensive about it are your decisions which are yours 100%.

Well Mindark states that is free to explore but if you say its free to play we should trust you because MA dont play the game.

Either MA fixes rockets or you stop using it in a manner in which you have missed shots. One you have control over the other you don't.

10k in a year is OK depending on what to do else with the money if you have it.
If you can not go on a holiday, do not need it for anything else, why not ?
If you earn enough, have already enough on the bank, no children to take care about and are simply bored at home because of the current situation...

Money can not buy you happiness but it can surely sweet boredom.
And one can not take it with him in the afterlife .....
If one has enough to eat, one is rich.
Not having egough money to spend it on things that are not essential (like on a new car, TV, smartphone, caviar, etc )
does not make you poor.
If you know the feeling of hunger, because you can not buy even a bread, then you know what I mean.
All a matter of perspective, some participants here bought expensive outfit just to win in the ring :D
I spent over 5k last year because I am at home, no where to travel to, no pubs to drink it, nothing to buy for the rented home and no childrens.
Should I have put it to the bank where I would pay fines for having my money here? Invest to get more money? Spend it on homeless?
I spend it on me, felt comfy with it and boredom was sweetened :D

- If I read right eff dont affect your loot return just the loot composition (correct me if I'm wrong)
This is a common mistake, I don't understand how can people make it. Efficiency affects tt return, dpp affects loot composition.
The dasps you kill these days are at Ashi? A bit of using everything, on everything, is the perfect recipe to loosing tons of PEDs.

This is a common mistake, I don't understand how can people make it. Efficiency affects tt return, dpp affects loot composition.
The dasps you kill these days are at Ashi? A bit of using everything, on everything, is the perfect recipe to loosing tons of PEDs.
Not even knowing basic well known loot 2.0 info is quite explanatory to how he can lose 10k USD in a year.

i wish this game was worth the amount i've deposited over the years. :dunce:

truth is that it wasn't. neither the time nor the cash....

Its 99,99% of players who deposit and lose. Gambling addiction is strong and they should let someone put a max monthly limit deposit if they want. Sorry for your loss. I hope you don't need this money irl.
Now i hope you learnt the lesson and don't do it again.
Cheers

Its 99,99% of players who deposit and lose. Gambling addiction is strong and they should let someone put a max monthly limit deposit if they want. Sorry for your loss. I hope you don't need this money irl.
Now i hope you learnt the lesson and don't do it again.
Cheers

The Maximum deposit facility is there, how many people use it is another thing all together.

10k for someone with no discretionary budget, versus one with a couple million to throw around is very different.

But how much money you throw at this game is not MA's responsibility, it is the players responsibility.

MA optimizes their returns for optimal income for them while keeping the amount of cycling high. Since those are competing factors, MA can't just destroy player's ped cards if they want them to stick around...players have to feel their time in game was worth what they spend.

That being said, there are other ways to throw money away in the game that doesn't go to MA.

am i the only one who lost 36k peds in a month on reaching rank 25 on daspy when it was at ithaca? although it was indeed my choice to use xtlc and gamma amps...

As a previous owner of one of those FEN rocket launchers, I can tell you that after a few months of hunting with it, never had one profitable hunt.

I am also an annual withdrawer of money (not from hunting), so make whatever you want of that statement.

I want to suggest that maybe those orphan type of weapon are not meant for hunting, or atleast not enough user doing turn over ON them, same as the master guard club.

seems like you have everything most of the long term well to do players are saying you need, bank roll, gear, skills and fuck ton of time to spend playing. maybe give it a try what they say and report back - with a log of course or no one will believe you.

What's to lose? If it works your playing for cheap or maybe free if it doesn't you can blame them :)

The LVLs you mentioned that you acquired should have been better for the 10 000. Even if you are doing a speedrun-skilling it should be around half of what you spent that means there is a lot of room to improve the playstyle.

The only lesson that has value in EU is:

"EU provides many options to lose ped, you decide how much you're prepared to pay".

In the scheme of things $13k (or 137k ped) is not the end of world. I also don't subscribe to the usual mantra of "you're doing it wrong', your hunting wrong, everything you're doing is wrong.

You shoot and your return is in the lap of the God's.

So you decide your input peds and set personal limits. Use good but much cheaper gear to have fun. Invest much less in gear and have peds on your card.

Unfortunately I get a heap of dislikes for writing comments like this, so maybe this isn't the place to seek the 'real' answers you need to hear.

Stop buying rubbish you don't need, might be alot of the peds you lost. Drag all mats in a TT window, to see how much ped your really have.

It's easy to to rage quit. So why don't you just reduce your gear and just keep enough items to play. Log in for just a few hours a day relax on some smaller mobs. Your coats will fall through the floor.

You don't have to go as hard as possible. Options and choices,..... but the key is your input peds (how much you choose to commit to the system per run) is the key to financial happiness in game.

Finally look at RL options to get your $10k back.

Good luck

Rick

Stop buying rubbish you don't need, might be alot of the peds you lost. Drag all mats in a TT window, to see how much ped your really have.

Yeah looking at the total TT value of your materials in storage can be an eye opener for sure. I was surprised just how much of a chunk of TT value was sitting in the small stacks of materials, its like death by a thousand cuts :D

I do agree EU does offer ample opportunities to lose PEDs and there is opportunity to make PED as well. I think its perseverance, timing, and a bit of luck when and where you can make PED VS lose it. It mimics real life in those aspects where your personal choices determine your path forward and sometimes you take a chance on something risky to better yourself. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but there are lessons to be learned either way. The game mechanics will only get you so far and that's when other skills should kick in. It's also about personal responsibility, accountability. and ethics. Overall EU is a game and some people put a price tag on entertainment from $0 to whatever someone budgets for entertainment.

Addiction to anything is a problem and that is something each person needs to evaluate on their own, it matters not if its games, alcohol, drugs, religion, sex, and a list that can go on and on since a compulsion can almost be anything. I've seen people lose their life savings and their life driven by their compulsions. If a person has an issue they need to address their addictive personality and then the triggers.

How can it be worth it? Lose 10k ped and only content is grinding :p I am guessing you need to lie to yourself somehow

maybe this is a procatory awer but all in all

if the time spent is game valued as Dollar per hour spent is not worth.....

i see no other solutiìn than ... Take the loss and go away.

Otherway we ahve 2 outcome

1. i am paying fair, i would get the challenge to play for even less as a challenge to see if my trading and optimizing skills can do it

2. it cost me less than what i get back (or even i have excess PED to improve gears or to cash out my cost to play)
monsieru de Lapalisse wodul he happy of this statement.. i do what i like and be paif for it.....
i read a post of a player that lamented that is "TIME SPENT PLAYING" was paid just 4 usd per hour

wo unsatiscafction has many faces

sorry to be harsh... but all in all we take the responsibilkity of our life
if i had just a "suspect" that i cant control my gaming and it controls me... i would delete accoutn this very minute

if someone recognize that "addiction" fits his game experience... take extreme measures and ask for help.
in all country there are services to help dont be shy, addiction ruins family and life.

spending too much means just either reduce the option to "pay less and have fun with smaller mob"
this game just allow us at some point due to evade to kill lower mob with no armor, tt weapon and more

clicking a EP4 that cost 2 dollar every click and has 4 second click timer.... means 3600/4 = 1.800 dollar per hour
at 2% loss expectation means you will loose (average) 36 USD per hour.... 864 usd per day.... 25.920 usd per month

so if you dont do math dont game in Entropia, if you think that risk of loss of 20k EUR per mointh is not acceptable
do not mess with EP4 (just an example).

You make, imo, a mistake in somehow viewing your own experience/situation as being somehow isolated, some sort of singleplayer. And it's not. Your playstyle, your actions, your choices must fit, one way or another, into a system with many participants (thousands or whatever is nowadays). There are limits of things which can be done/achieved, for the sake of other things being possible for the rest of participants.

I am actually very close to your numbers, if I we'd divide them. Been on a long break for personal reasons, only playing since march, in last 3 weeks - 1 month I netted 7k tt loss per 110k turnover in hunting. A big part of my results are due to switching between alot of setups and mobs, because I am probing around to see what changed etc However this is very erratic mathwise, I am bound to have a couple of better % upwards were I to be more stable and also some MU would have probably helped, if would exist (this is by far my biggest quarrel with the game).

On the first, loot is not fair. Math, this type of math is not fair, it functions under other parameters. I've had a 5 figures hunting, 11k maffoid clan warlord in 2008. And I took it over a few people camping them for weeks. Eve never had a 5 figure as loot, but faring better. Odds are I dropped a multiple of the probes you did, but I haven't hit an ATH. I've hit tho a 17k tower in 2017 when the consensus was that multipliers are only possible until x (far below what I got). Neither of these situations are "fair", and you should abandon this perspective, for your own personal wellness (via expectations, which are a big thing in depression, addiction and other situations). Loot simply is and that is all to it. Does it bring something to you, some opportunity, some joy or anything which can qualify as motivation? What's the purpose/the sense of what you're doing, is it bringing anything at all, are you going somewhere? That's what should be fair, to yourself, what you're doing and why. Respectively I will most likely f'off soon back to mining, because that makes more sense to me.

On the second, yes, to some extent. MA is not a company isolated in an ideal context, without challenges and so on. I understand them if sometimes they might need to cut 1% or something extra for who knows what reason (but that shouldn't have an impact were it to be an actual economy). But overall the loot return which they talked about in devnotes is not about you or me or other Joe. It's an average of sorts, a calculation for an archetypal player, not for you personally. Because let me ask you the other way around, was your ATH within expected limits? Because it doesn't look like that to me. And since it had to come from somewhere, not from MA, your ATh came, in the proportion of, say, 1,7 peds from my pockets. I mean, try to think at this return both at your highs and at your lows, not only at your lows. So maybe the expected return sometimes is not 97% at high turnover, maybe sometimes is 95%, but largely is *there*.

Also take note that these days the hofs grew alot. Maybe somebody will hit tomorrow 200k. Those money can't possibly come from the tooth fairy.

Lastly. Entropia was always a fairly free game. No classes, no gating & sh*t (hence my other quarel with them, how they implemented high eff weaponry). No railroads, no obligation, no nothing. You're seriously free to do whatever you want. Paying 10k usd for a game can mean buying a mothership, a LA, trading, whatnot. Do I think people should be able to do that? Absolutely. Once that amount is transformed from USD into PED is your responsibility what you do with them.

And by the way, Entropia is actually very cheap noawadys in tt terms. What increased dramatically is our turnover, and 1 PED is still 0,1 USD, both when you're sweating punies at Icarus and when you're farming the gorgon or whatnot. If I were to hunt now as I was in 2006-2007, I should hunt with LP-25 or something like this. I am using a peashooter by any standards, emik L2. Just drop in a couple of dmg enhancers and I can put down a trox stalker with minimal effort, and that was the measure of uberness for me when I started. And I am barely lvl69 pistoleer, plenty of 100s++ around. Is seriously your duty to be aware that a turnover of 10k peds per day means 1k$ and what can 1-2-3% do at those amounts.

Can Entropia be extraordianrly expensive? Yes, absolutely. This is another thing which I hold them responsible, they have no anti-addiction measure in place. To me, those ep4 and shrap clicks don't look ok, there should be a limitation to them. E.g. in the country I live in if you're to go to play at slot machines you can only put in 20€ and then it allows you some 20 cents every dunno how many seconds. So imo there should be a kind of limit. But then what you do with the responsible crafter who's seriously doing some 10k run fishing for bps or doing some comps for further use? Pretty hard to handle, but I still think there should be something, maybe a cooling off period at certain cost/click, or something like this. But overall, still player's responsibility. This is a 18+ medium.

1 Year of playing bring me the profit around +62 k peds started in april 2020 to play again and now is april 2021 some peds i make it from trade not big amount but can say 90 % come from Hunting small / medium and big mobs. I did a lot of codex / Meta also and Daily mission for daily tokens. And all that profit is gone spend to upgrade my armor didn't regret at all spending all that cash on upgrade so basicly i get my dream armour for free. Its still possible to make some profit here not just to go in MINUS. After i bought armour im still making peds so far im in profit +4k peds. STAY POSITIVE! 4ever
You're not even on the top 100 turnover list on EL last 360 days. Sounds weird, unless you got a 50k global, a string of full esis etc.

Back