Help: 1st armor set ? what and where?

Hallo community,

2nd day of playing has finnished and so far, so good.
Managaed to get to lvl 2 in my blp hit profession, and now i mainly kill Halix on Arkadia.
They do well, but i start to wonder that i will need some armor soonish, so i started to look on auction.
Boy, that did not look good. the selection there was bad. (little and the armors there we way too big for me)

I read that the armors that are sold from terminals are not good to get.
So i wonder - where is a good place to get a 1st armor (guess i have to get a set, right?)
And what set should i aim for ? I found them on http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Armor, loads to cheese form.

Thank you.

most ppl get the pixi as first set

gremlin is all around armor and can easy become the only set you will ever need (dont know if that truth now they introduced dmg types)

i personaly will probably get gremlin if not on budget and pixi if on budget

or mayby go look what mobs you like to hunt study dmg type and buy the one whith most protections

gl in EU

Don't use armor, hunt whatever you can stand without it (small halix and caraboks are easily doable naked at zero level). Find a mentor and upon graduation you'll get a full set of Adjusted Musca (providing that you'll finish your discipleship on Ark, otherwise it will be Adjusted Pixie). By that time your evade skills will be decent enough so your armor repair bills won't be terrible.

I'm a bit outdated on the new things in EU.. but I would recommend picking up a nice set of Gremlin armor. This is a very handy armor set and can last you many "levels" and works considerably well on many mobs.

I would not recommend purchasing Adj Pixie though because you can get that for FREE via the Mentoring Profession once you complete it that is.. If you do however, purchase it I guess you could always sell the one that you get for free later on. Adj Pixie is also a very good starter armor set to utilize.

~Danimal

You get a set of armor (Adj Pixie on Calypso, Adj Musca on Arkadia) for graduating from a discipleship. Finding a good mentor is a great way to learn the game and you get a nice reward at the end :)

Honestly you won't need armor for quite some time, armor decays as you get hit, health returns for free, armor you pay to repair. You'll save money if you fight unarmored and at lower levels I believe this is the way to go. If you want armor you can usually find one of the sets I listed above for sale (you'll have better luck getting a set of Adj Pixie on Calypso - more available). These are pretty good starter armors and with the right plates can be used well against a variety of mobs.

carramone, star is selling a set

Get a mentor, when you pass you will get free armor and a free vehicle

Don't even think about gremlin or any other set of armor till you have got your free armor and skilled some. Spends the peds on ammo or mining probs instead.

Get a mentor, when you pass you will get free armor and a free vehicle

Don't even think about gremlin or any other set of armor till you have got your free armor and skilled some. Spends the peds on ammo or mining probs instead.

Due to your evade skills being so low, I second this comment. It isn't efficient for you to wear armor now because you won't evade many attacks, meaning you will be taking high decay costs. You should use range to your advantage and hunt mobs that won't result in you having a 'fap-war' just to survive. Once you get some skills (at least lvl 6 imo) then you can get a pixie set, but you can even do most if not all of your discipleship without it. Once you graduate, you get a car and a shiny adj pixie set if you do your mentorship on calypso. Adj pixie will last you a long time with 2A or 5B plates, where then you can eventually move on to gremlin, nemesis, bear, or L armors as needed.

Get a strong mentor that lives in the general time zone as you, or at least is online during the same time that you are online. A mentor is no good if you see them only once or twice, and there are plenty of knowledgeable people here on PCF that would be happy to assist you.

Good luck man :)

do all the free and close to free missions on all planets, there are some nice defense skills to be had. Like the mission "Tap into Genesis Star Communications" on Caly will give u 1 ped of evade.

is there not a mission on ark that gives you a helm and harness for free anyway?? :scratch2:

Last edited:
It's all been said already, you really don't need any armour at the start, spend your money on ammo and build up defense skills. Once you graduate you will receive free adj musca or pixie (depending on planet). Having said this you maybe eager to get onto bigger mobs and want to use the armour. In this case I would recommend a normal pixie set, however in the interest of fashion you may not want to run around in a yellow armour set. As an alternative I suggest Grunt. Be careful - do not buy the (C) variety which is black and white when not coloured. You want to get the green set (which cannot be coloured) - It has the same protection as the normal pixie but looks quite a lot better. The balck and white (C) variety does not offer the same protection as the green grunt (allegedly - however I have been testing this out recently and I am not convinced the (C) version is as bad as it stats suggest).

Once you complete the mentorship you get the adj pixie/musca, I have tested both of these and would say that the adjusted pixie is a slightly better all round armour set.

Just as a note I hunt at least half the time with no armour at all, 25% of the time I wear grunt and the other 25% of the time I use adj pixie, firewall (specifically for one mob) and Viceroy. I used to own a set of ghost which offers excellent all round protection but has high rate of decay. I am in the process of collecting anther set but it will be reserved for soc/team hunts on larger mobs.

A word of warning, when I started playing I wore armour from day one all the time. This was a bad mistake as I did not get good defense skills which 2 years later on, my avatar is paying for.

A really good point that a lot of ppl seem to overlook is that MindArk actually offer players some of the best equipment in game, for example adjusted pixie/musca and Viceroy armours are only available from them originally (although pixie and musca can be purchased on the auction) The Bukins blade which takes a while for new players to skill up to is one of the most eco small repairable weapons in game. The S.I. combat blade from Cyrene TT (also available on Auction) is also very eco. Both these knives offer you excellent defense skills plus the bonus of ramping up your maximum carried weight very quickly.

Side Note ; Dont let anyone convince you to use the Sollomate Opallo, it used to be THE new player weapon, but that was a long time ago, long before I started playing, many changes and new items mean it is not at all eco these days.

Above all welcome to EU - Good Luck and remember to always enjoy your time in the Universe

Hallo community,

2nd day of playing has finnished and so far, so good.
Managaed to get to lvl 2 in my blp hit profession, and now i mainly kill Halix on Arkadia.
They do well, but i start to wonder that i will need some armor soonish, so i started to look on auction.
Boy, that did not look good. the selection there was bad. (little and the armors there we way too big for me)

I read that the armors that are sold from terminals are not good to get.
So i wonder - where is a good place to get a 1st armor (guess i have to get a set, right?)
And what set should i aim for ? I found them on http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Armor, loads to cheese form.

Thank you.

Most of the armors on market would be much too big for the mobs and missions you should be doing - punies, Zadul, Oro, Tiarak. What you probably want is Musca(L) followed by Ankitus when you start hunting Tiarak more.
Corvus and Canis are in the picture as well as alternatives.

Once you complete the mentorship you get the adj pixie/musca, I have tested both of these and would say that the adjusted pixie is a slightly better all round armour set.

Just as a note I hunt at least half the time with no armour at all, 25% of the time I wear grunt and the other 25% of the time I use adj pixie, firewall (specifically for one mob) and Viceroy. I used to own a set of ghost which offers excellent all round protection but has high rate of decay. I am in the process of collecting anther set but it will be reserved for soc/team hunts on larger mobs.

Both are much too strong armors for beginner mobs though.

A word of warning, when I started playing I wore armour from day one all the time. This was a bad mistake as I did not get good defense skills which 2 years later on, my avatar is paying for.

You don't get less defence skills for wearing armor.

Both are much too strong armors for beginner mobs though.

You don't get less defence skills for wearing armor.

hi Remontoire - TY for response - Is this true, I have been told that wearing armour reduced defense skill gains, i have been under a misconception then it seems

hi Remontoire - TY for response - Is this true, I have been told that wearing armour reduced defense skill gains, i have been under a misconception then it seems

I have never even seen this claim before. It makes no sense to me, as from the mob side, the damage does not change, the chance to hit does not change and what does it matter if part of it is delivered to armor?

for testing, kill 1000 of a small mob with the same weapon both with armor and without and report results. melee would be best.

I'm a bit outdated on the new things in EU.. but I would recommend picking up a nice set of Gremlin armor.

Gremlin has relatively high "TT-value", which means, first, you tie up a lot of PEDs into it (armors need to be fully repaired for max protection), and secondly high TT value means that if you do something silly, for instance you get yourself swarmed with lots of mobs, the repair bill when you reach repair terminal will be rather high.

Historically, the damage delt by beginner level mobs has been mostly Impact. Main exception, Snables that do acid.

The Classic beginner level armos on Calypso is,
- Pixie
- (Gnome, a bit harder to get)
- Goblin: Has, besides basic "impact" protection also "acid" protection which is useful for a few mobs like snables and fungoid
- Rascal; Classic armor for argonaut lovers, also have burn protection (smaller robots).

The advantage of those above is that they have a reasonable TT value. Especially pixie; how much you abuse it,

It appears that armor doesn't drop as much as they use to be (at least on Calypso). Hunting the basic four (snables, daikiba and exosaur) used to be a way to gather Pixie parts, and next level up (berc, combibo, caudergoatus) I Think dropped goblin. It appears that random pixie parts mostly drops on other planets...

Another option is to get an armor as "plateholder", and get a decent set of plates. I have no clue about the eco of it. The advatnage is, if you get good plates (best ones at a reasonable cost is 5b for normal mobs), you'll be able to use those places on bigger armors, when you afford it. If 5b sounds too big, then 5a could be a chepaer option.

As plateholder, the easiest set of armor you can get is the TT armor of course, but there are other options (craftable) like Bodyguard, Valiant, Valiant, TT armor from other planets.

You can also use plates to improve armors, for instance, if you can get a set of hunter armor, it has low impact protection, but then you can use 5a plates just to get better impact protection. (5b plates are better of course then you get better protection from bigger armor sets.)

Other armor sets Worth mentioning. The problem at beginner level is that the TT value can get a big high.
- Shogun: Cut/stab/impact, for atrox, atrax and that kind of mob and also low-level robots. Good "atrox beginner" level armor, if you have a weapon that's good enough.
- Kobold: Impact+(cut+)Cold, against feffoids
- Gremlin: Impact+Acid and some other things. Good for Crystal Palace and mobs on TI.

Gremlin armor is good for the mobs that does a good amount of acid damage. The biggest popularity is for people who hunt at Crystal Palace. I wouldn't consider Gremlin a beginner level armor because of the TT value.

ROCKtropia has their own version of Pixie armour (has not dropped on RT for over a year) called Grunt and the crafted version of this armour can be coloured too.

ROCKtropia has their own version of Pixie armour (has not dropped on RT for over a year) called Grunt and the crafted version of this armour can be coloured too.

What hasn't dropped for over a year, a pixie or a grunt? Because I looted many grunt parts from zombies last summer during quite a short visit.

And on NI pixie and shogun parts drop like rain, especially from the portal guardians.

A.R.C. Guardian Armor is not to bad of a starting armor for new players either until they get Adjusted Pixie after they graduate mentoring.

What hasn't dropped for over a year, a pixie or a grunt? Because I looted many grunt parts from zombies last summer during quite a short visit.

And on NI pixie and shogun parts drop like rain, especially from the portal guardians.

Pixie was replaced on ROCKtropia by grunt as they had similar stats.

there are a couple of shops on arkadia. I recently browsed through them. Some of them sell pixie. Pixie is a nice armor, and you do need armor if you want to hunt something other then punies. And you do want to hunt something other then punies. Because you simply do. Because all that the eco guys here are saying is right, but it's also really boring. And this game should be fun. So get your pixie from the shop and get some 2a armor plates and then you can try to do some bigger mobs.
You can also try to "earn" your own armor by accepting the mission at the quarry to hunt for viceroy. It took me a week to hunt it all by myself, but I was using philosopher swords. with smaller weaponry it will take a bit longer.

What the others said... get a mentor, stick with nothing or musca (L) for now. When you graduate, you'll get Adjusted Musca which will server you for quite some time especially if you add plates.

skip the pixie set that most people use, when you want to move on to something else, go with shogun. great set that covers you for most things, 2a plates and you can do argo and 6a plates and you can do drones.

Adjusted Pixie + 5b plates allows me to hunt up to Atrox Guardian easily. Nothing wrong with Adj. Pixie.

Adjusted Pixie + 5b plates allows me to hunt up to Atrox Guardian easily. Nothing wrong with Adj. Pixie.

Yes, best way now to get a decent armor set is to complete discipleship (adj pixie/adj musca).

Back