Price Check 20-40k gears

asvin

Mature
I need some advice for gears. I'm looking for an unl 80+ efficiency weapon. I'm lvl 65 in BLP. I dont want any melee weapon so only range (laser/blp/rifle/pistol/etc.) Was looking for at least 40+dps, planning to do a lot of codex in the next 12 months, so with 40dps + amp I think I can farm most of the mob skilling nicely in the progress.

Goal: Improve tt return and reduce MU paid
Bankroll: Around 50k+ atm, planning to get to 75k only for hunting.

I know tsunade is selling a Mayhem BC-30. modified tier 3 for 25k, is it a good option?

Thx for your help!

I’m in the same scenario but on the cusp of commando. I bought adj jag from soc mate and converted all the little things to unl such as tp chips to save mu there. Next month should see some folks unloading kit after mayhem.
while I’d like unl weapon it’s unrealistic on my current ped card for 80+ eff. So as an alternative I’ve made my own lr45, 55 and 60. If you look around you should find L weapons that are not high MU. and there are daily token weapons too. So I’d say build your peds up via daily token weapons until you can afford what you really want.

Avoid resellers, they buy for 3 and sell for 6, get rich quick knobs.

That gun probably sold for 15k and diff resellers been trying to push it for 25k
Resellers always have some degree of involvement in a rising market, but it's rarely them who are the main driving force in a price climb. As for 80% efficiency weapons at the moment, there are loads of people looking for one and very few available. High discrepancy between supply and demand. When I sold the Weak Argo Claw mid-December I was literally overrun by PMs every time I announced the sale in the ingame trade channel. Of course not everyone was willing to pay the 22k I asked, but many were close and it took me only 2 evenings to get the deal done.

You will not find a Mod BC-30 at 15k or even 20k at the moment even from a "non-reseller". Just because of this current supply-demand situation. I can't imagine Tsunade having much more than a k or maybe two of profit baked into those 25k for the tier 3.99 one, unless he bought it several months ago, which I doubt. He had a tier 2 for sale at 23-24k a couple weeks ago which seems to be gone now. Remember the tier 3 click is about 1.5-2k ped at the moment as well.

That being said, as always when buying valuable stuff, there's a risk the buyer isn't turning over enough peds with it after that. To have the item save enough peds for him/her (compared to let's say (L) weapons) to offset the item's price devaluation during that same time frame. Many forget about that detail. But it's of course less of a problem in a rising market like we have now. And thread starter does seem to be set up for high activity as well.

Last edited:
I love how the thread is going. If anyone is selling a 80+ efficiency weapon at the moment or have advices for why buying/not buying that kind of weapon is welcome. The whole thing about resellers, well, you can find another place to do it, its not helpfull here.

Comparing 60% and 80% efficiency weapon, I'm guessing I should get a 1% increase in tt return overall (worst case 0,5%) and save all MU on weapons too. To bring in some numbers, in the last 30 days, I cycled around 150k ammos. Used over 5k peds tt of weapon (don't have the exact number) + amp decay (Fi/Ra/Co dante) mostly.

So trying to use token weapon is useless here, because to get the token, you need to spend a fair amount of weapons (MU) and the efficiency is not there either (always around 60%).

My goal is to increase overall tt return and stop wasting peds on MU.

That one BC-30 has seen more action in trade channel then actual pew pew :)

Always good to see people showing their character here in forum.

This weapon have definitly more action pew pew than anything else.

Always funny to see people talking nonsense.

Cheers and good luck whatever route you gonna take!

Last edited:
I need some advice for gears. I'm looking for an unl 80+ efficiency weapon. I'm lvl 65 in BLP. I dont want any melee weapon so only range (laser/blp/rifle/pistol/etc.) Was looking for at least 40+dps, planning to do a lot of codex in the next 12 months, so with 40dps + amp I think I can farm most of the mob skilling nicely in the progress.

Goal: Improve tt return and reduce MU paid
Bankroll: Around 50k+ atm, planning to get to 75k only for hunting.

I know tsunade is selling a Mayhem BC-30. modified tier 3 for 25k, is it a good option?

Thx for your help!

25K seems a bit steep for what the gun is. I would scout out your other options and see what else is available, perhaps posting a buying thread with several options may yield some fruit.
BP-20 FEN, Weak Claw, Mod BC-30, LR-40 FEN, Thorifoid Mace FEN Edition, and possibly even some of the FEN MindForce chips if you're willing to flex a little on your price range.
On the flip side, I specialize almost exclusively in top level equipment and I've not had adequate incentive to do significant digging on the lower level weapons market recently. Consequently I am not intimately familiar with the weapons market in that range. The last weapon I sold in that ballpark was an LR-40 FEN Edition for about 25K PED and that was some time ago.

25K seems a bit steep for what the gun is. I would scout out your other options and see what else is available, perhaps posting a buying thread with several options may yield some fruit.
BP-20 FEN, Weak Claw, Mod BC-30, LR-40 FEN, Thorifoid Mace FEN Edition, and possibly even some of the FEN MindForce chips if you're willing to flex a little on your price range.
On the flip side, I specialize almost exclusively in top level equipment and I've not had adequate incentive to do significant digging on the lower level weapons market recently. Consequently I am not intimately familiar with the weapons market in that range. The last weapon I sold in that ballpark was an LR-40 FEN Edition for about 25K PED and that was some time ago.
It has happened a lot to the 80+ efficiency market this past year. The broad mass of players finally catching up and realising the benefits (it's late, sure, but there was a huge delay in people realising the impact of Focused Blow in loot 1.0 too, for comparison), many old players coming back this covid year, or a combination of both is my guess as to why. When I came back in June/July I bought tier 2 Weak Argo Claw + amp for 13k. Mid-December I sold for 22k. I would assume the LR-40 Captain Jack sold for 25k one year ago made a similar jump (one seems to have gone for ~40k mid-December here).

Latest sales I know of, three first ones confirmed:
BP20 FEN tier 2: ~18k - early December
Weak Argo Claw tier 2 + amp: 22k - mid December
Mod BC30 tier 3: 25k - late December
Mod BC30 tier 2: 23-24k? - early January. Tsunade's sale so he could fill in the blanks here or if he actually upgraded this one to the tier 3 he has for sale now for 25k instead.

Simply seems like this is what it takes to get on the 80% efficiency train nowadays. It's all a matter of if you hunt enough to save more than their possible price devaluation over a few years. That they do save you a significant relative amount of peds compared to 60% efficiency is quite clear however, both as stated by Mindark in their explanation of the 7% impact, but also in my own experience:

I tested the waters with (L) ArMatrix (60-65% efficiency) in June/July after coming back from a two year break, ~15k kills, 95.06% TT return. Bit low sample size, but I wasn't going to risk any more (especially spending a fair amount of markup as well) so switched to 80+% efficiency:

July-January, 80+% efficiency, ~150k kills, 99.01% TT return. If you remove ubers of 1k+, the number is 98%. Defense included (my defense costs are at around 1% of turnover).

The number for my Armatrix (L) log can probably be taken with a grain of salt due to low sample size of 15k kills (others can fill in here with their (L) experience), but 150k kills should at least be considered a decent number. Of course I did raise my looter skills during this time as well, by around 15 levels. So there's that.

Just to add that i sold Argo weak + fen 2 amp combo at tt+25k in january even if i consider it a high price

Just to add that i sold Argo weak + fen 2 amp combo at tt+25k in january even if i consider it a high price

But there is like 2 combo's for sale for like 23K and not selling for some weeks already

argo weak is a really small toy, similar to BP20, SB10 and BC-30

Prices are made off demand and supply, therea re jsut 15 argo Claw in game
so rarity has its weight. apart teh hope to resell for same or better, before a
player "loose" 20k ped skilling up with a ice dagger or a leol (light melee)
i think he can reach the level of Genesis claw :)

But there is like 2 combo's for sale for like 23K and not selling for some weeks already
Because they are hyper priced for being a low lvl wep... yes they are good eff and dpp but that price its not good.

argo weak is a really small toy, similar to BP20, SB10 and BC-30

All these will crash as soon as Covid is over and eveyrone have to go back to work!

25k for 35dps is just stupid and not worth the price! And if u did buy gun good luck selling it after Lockdowns end.....
How much ped one have to cycle actualy to see any benifit. I prefer to run 64% eff and costs 3k ped..
rant over :)

peace
Robo

25k for 35dps is just stupid and not worth the price! And if u did buy gun good luck selling it after Lockdowns end.....

Or after new UL weapons are introduced to the game which is bound to happen at some point.

But seriously OP you won't be making any profit with that highly overpriced gun regardless of what some may tell you. Supposedly, it would improve your returns by 1.4% comparted to a 60% efficiency weapon (i.e. 0.7 per 10% of efficiency). But how much can you cycle with 35 dps per day? Are you prepared to click the same button for 12 hours a day for a few years to make up the difference? Otherwise buying that gun is pointless from an economy standpoint. But if you take this route anyway, think about what it will do to your health.

Im sure that gun saw more action than you also. Youre the next mastermesh.

Crafters don't use guns, much :p

What has mastermesh do with me? He/she also ~top5 crafter if all the explosive/sharpnel clowns removed?

Anything under 70 dps wont bring you any profit @ all

Prices for those weapons are crazy because efficiency is overhyped

How ever and what ever weapon you use you wont get over 96-98 % tt return longterm

And buying something for 2500 usd to safe loss makes no sence @ all since you still lose peds and you will end up with 0 ped on your Card while freezing 25.000 peds in a useless item
(Keep in mind those items are already overhyped and they will drop in price )

Better put that money into ul weapons under 60% efficiency and skill up, do Research and go for mu loot

Anything under 70 dps wont bring you any profit @ all

Prices for those weapons are crazy because efficiency is overhyped

How ever and what ever weapon you use you wont get over 96-98 % tt return longterm

And buying something for 2500 usd to safe loss makes no sence @ all since you still lose peds and you will end up with 0 ped on your Card while freezing 25.000 peds in a useless item
(Keep in mind those items are already overhyped and they will drop in price )

Better put that money into ul weapons under 60% efficiency and skill up, do Research and go for mu loot

I made 60%+ eff on base weapon my norm quite a while ago. It's really really cheap these day. I don't usually hunt, but when I do, I go 60%+ eff.

Most interesting crafter in the world - NPV

This gun is an item gun. If you shoot it long enough and the right things you'll get enough good loot to pay for any potential losses this gun would incur if there was a market correction in price. I know someone with the weapon that pulls extremely high markup, rare loot with it all the time, but it's up to them to disclose that here. If the price stabilizes at 25k due to the Rarity/EFF/DPP of the weapon you can use this until you're ready for larger DPS, sell it at 25k to the next fellow. Remember you dont have to tier it if it's ready to be tiered and you dont have to increase the price when you sell. It's up to you how you want to be a market participant and there's no real wrong way to do it, just one way will make it more difficult for others coming after you and one way will make it easier or the same difficulty.

The real problem is the value placed on tiered items. It actually doesn't cost anything to tier an item but those who are impatient and pay Markup to tier the item (and have the TT value mostly returned) try to then justify an increase in price for this when in fact tiering items is nearly free if you grind it yourself. However, a tiered item gives the user access to a lot more versatility with that weapon and could have a similar ped value added to it just as you would with Rarity. It's called Intangible Value and is subjective but the base value of a weapon in comparison to others in that space can be considered it's Base Value but even that has some degree of intangibility. I think it's this portion of the value structure that has gotten out of hand. Impatience dictates the price.

Back