20 Things That Mentally Strong People Don’t Do

DaisyColdFinger

Stalker
Society
ROCK STARS>TKoE>Hell Yeah
Daisy ColdFinger (RIP 2008/22)
I might be a Darksider but here is a little gem to hopefully make some of you a little "stronger".

I often write about the things I believe we all should be doing, trying or experimenting with in order to maximize our success and happiness. However, it’s not always the things we do that make the biggest difference in our lives; it’s often the things we avoid doing that have the biggest effect. As human beings, we have a strong aversion to not doing; we feel that in order to produce results, there must be an initial action.

However, because we are almost always doing something, piling on more and more often has a negative effect, rather than a positive one. Among the mentally strong, there are several actions that are avoided in order to produce the greatest benefit in the shortest period of time.

These actions are those that the mentally strong avoid, and that we should consider adapting as our own:

1. Dwelling On The Past

Mentally strong individuals focus on the present moment and on the near future. They understand that the past is out of our control and the far future is about as predictable as the weather this winter.

2. Remaining In Their Comfort Zone

The comfort zone is a dangerous place, a dark abyss where anyone who remains there for too long loses his or herself entirely. Staying within your comfort zone is giving up on life.

3. Not Listening To The Opinions Of Others

Only the foolish believe themselves to be sufficient in all regards. When it comes to brainstorming, ideas can’t so much be forced as they can be caught. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of whether or not you came up with it. Don’t let your ego get the better of you; if someone has great advice to give, take it.

4. Avoiding Change

What the mentally strong understand that the mentally weak do not is that change is unavoidable. Trying to avoid the inevitable is pointless. Therefore, trying to avoid change is pointless; it’s a mere waste of time and energy.

5. Keeping A Closed Mind

You don’t know everything. Even the things you believe yourself to know are likely to not be entirely true. If you keep a closed mind, you are preventing yourself from learning new material. If you stop learning, you stop living.

6. Letting Others Make Decisions For Them

Only you should be making your own decisions; you can’t allow others to make them for you. All this does is shift the responsibility from you to someone else, but the only person failing in the end is you. If you don’t have the courage to fail, then you don’t have the courage to succeed.

7. Getting Jealous Over The Successes Of Others

When others succeed, you should be happy. If they can do it, so can you. The success of others does not, in any way, lessen the chances of you succeeding. If anything, it should motivate you to keep pushing forward.

8. Thinking About The High Possibility Of Failure

Our thoughts control our perspective; our perspective controls our results. The mentally strong understand this and use this to their advantage. There’s always the chance you may fail, but as long as there is the chance you may succeed, it’s worth trying.

9. Feeling Sorry For Themselves

Sh*t happens. Life can be hard. People get hurt; others die. Life isn’t all roses and butterflies. You will fall off that horse again and again and again. The question is, are you strong enough to keep getting back on it?

10. Focusing On Their Weaknesses

Although working on our weaknesses does have its benefits, it’s more important to focus on banking on our strengths. The most well-rounded person is not the person that gets the furthest in life. Being average in all regards makes you average. However, mastering a certain skillset or trait will allow you to beat the competition with less effort.

11. Trying To Please People

A job well done is a job well done, no matter who is judging the final product. You can’t please everybody, but you can always manage to do your very best.

12. Blaming Themselves For Things Outside Their Control

The mentally strong know the things they can control, understand the things they cannot control, and avoid even thinking about that which is completely out of their hands.

13. Being Impatient

Patience isn’t just a virtue; it is the virtue. Most people don’t fail because they aren’t good enough, or aren’t capable of winning or succeeding. Most people fail because they are impatient and give up before their time has come.

14. Being Misunderstood

Communication is key in any properly functioning system. When it comes to people, things get a bit more complicated. Simply stating information is never enough; if the receiving party misunderstands you, your message is not being properly relayed. The mentally strong do their best to be understood and have the patience to clear up misunderstandings.

15. Feeling Like You’re Owed

You aren’t owed anything in life. You were born; the rest is up to you. Life doesn’t owe you anything. Others don’t owe you anything. If you want something in life, you only owe it to yourself to go out and get it. In life, there are no handouts.

16. Repeating Mistakes

Make a mistake once, okay. Make a mistake twice… not so okay. Make the same mistake a third time, you may need to consider giving up alcohol and drugs. You’re either stupid or permanently high.

17. Giving Into Their Fears

The world can be a scary place. Some things frighten us with good cause, but most of our fears are illogical. If you know that you want to try something, try it. If you’re scared, then understand that being scared of failing must mean that succeeding means a whole lot to you.

18. Acting Without Calculating

The mentally strong know better than to act before completely understanding the situation at hand. If you have time to ponder over something and cover all your bases, then do so. Not doing so is pure laziness.

19. Refusing Help From Others

You’re not Superman; you can’t do it all. Even if you can, why should you? If others are offering to help, let them help. Be social. Listen to their ideas and watch how they do things. You may learn something. If not, then you can teach them something and do what humans are meant to do: socialize.

20. Throwing In The Towel

The biggest weakness in all of humanity is giving up — calling it quits, throwing in the towel. The mentally strong go about things in such a way. Only do things if they are important to you; forget the things that aren’t important to you. If they’re important to you, then pursue them until you succeed. No exceptions, ever.

SOURCE

Some of these items are normal characteristics of different personality types and not signs of "mental weakness".

Some of these items are normal characteristics of different personality types and not signs of "mental weakness".

name and explain

4. Should include "Unless you are the Change"

Last edited:
Too many words. I guess I'm too weak to handle.

For what it's worth, I think it is a good list of attributes for a mentally strong person.

But I also feel it implies mental strength in itself makes a good person, which is something I disagree with entirely. Mental strength doesn't make you a good person, but a mentally strong person can still be good. There are just so many other things to consider if you want to know if a person is any good.

It is not a definitive or complete collection, Some of us are fortunate to be close, like or better than this already, but others here might find these points to be a good start IF they were wandering or looking already. This is for them.....where is the glass half full icon ^^

I personally think is so cute that little baby Daisy thinks he can play with the big boys :ahh:

I have so many fond memories of PVP4 and RT lootable with you. "Oh shit GD! Oh phew its just Daisy again." *Pew* "Thanks for the ammo Daisy."

If I could kick your ass that especially sad since I'm terrible at pvp :laugh:

I personally think is so cute that little baby Daisy thinks he can play with the big boys :ahh:

I have so many fond memories of PVP4 and RT lootable with you. "Oh shit GD! Oh phew its just Daisy again." *Pew* "Thanks for the ammo Daisy."

If I could kick your ass that especially sad since I'm terrible at pvp :laugh:

Dont you ppl ever get tired of looking for fame on my char's coat tails. At the hight of her fame and even now that she is retired.The bigger boys with the real balls and i often have a laugh about the good old days. They know what it's all about. Im guessing i should be pleased i left such an impact on some of you that you have never forgotten ol Daisy adn her PVP obsession. So keep referencing my char if you like, but i sure as hell dont remember or care to remember who you unknown peasants are ;)

Last edited:
This is for them.....where is the glass half full icon ^^

Glass is half empty and half full and also full if you consider air.:wise:

If you put it in a box you can't see through does it even exist?:scratch2:

Did you fill the glass to the middle or empty it? Very important to know the answer to that question.:yup:

Dont you ppl ever get tired of looking for fame on my char's coat tails. At the hight of her fame and even now that she is retired.The bigger boys with the real balls and i often have a laugh about the good old days. They know what it's all about. Im guessing i should be pleased i left such an impact on some of you that you have never forgotten ol Daisy adn her PVP obsession. So keep referencing my char if you like, but i sure as hell dont remember or care to remember who you unknown peasants are ;)

Mentally strong people also don't post threads designed to agitate and troll people in a forum for a game they don't play anymore.

Mentally strong people also don't post threads designed to agitate and troll people in a forum for a game they don't play anymore.

Feel good releasing youre inner troll ? You should work in politics girl, you got skills, seeing only what you wanna see ;)

Posting this crap prolly has you twerking youre way round youre desk in your tanktop tied at the front with your pompoms out cause you got a line on lil ol Daisy right ^^ You go girl ^^ Dont break youre back postin cause if you get any more excitied, that twerking is gonna lay you down sweety :wtg: Im all for girl power, but you need to take youre tampons and get out of here cause im not dealing with youre moods today ;)

So pls feel free to twerk youre way out of here cause there are actually some folks here who could use the troll OP post i put out for them.

Last edited:
Would a mentally strong person leg hump a planet partner to no end, looking for fame as a pirate, while pretending to be a "rockstar" in a video game?

Would a mentally strong person leg hump a planet partner to no end, looking for fame as a pirate, while pretending to be a "rockstar" in a video game?

Talk about tampons and look who shows up :lolup:

Actually there is only one thing that Mentally Strong people do.

And they call it

"Confidence"

:wise:

It is not a definitive or complete collection, Some of us are fortunate to be close, like or better than this already, but others here might find these points to be a good start IF they were wandering or looking already. This is for them.....where is the glass half full icon ^^

While many of the statements are interesting to read and maybe debate, it is not clear for me what do you think a mentally strong individual is in fact and furthermore why someone should aim to be a mentally strong individual?
Is it some sort of Messiah? Or is it more like the CEO of a corporation?

III Dusk MMM

While many of the statements are interesting to read and maybe debate, it is not clear for me what do you think a mentally strong individual is in fact and furthermore why someone should aim to be a mentally strong individual?
Is it some sort of Messiah? Or is it more like the CEO of a corporation?

III Dusk MMM

Some here would take the list for what it is and find ways to implement it on their lifes. It wasnt really posted to be debated, because that might causes confusion in "weaker" individuals looking for answers. A information overflow or barrage of pro and counter "arguments" wotn help them when all they might need are a few simple how to's and go from there and thats all this is meant to be. Rough guide....

However, i will go into is just a little. Some ppl are happy not knowing exactly what to do, say or decision to make or not being able to react immediately or even with confidence. So the situation and the person would cause the criteria for a mentally strong person to differ from one to another. So it really depends on you and what it means to you to be mentally strong. If what you got works for you ? Keep at it :)

Commonly it relates to Confidence in all or some aspects of youre everyday life. Yes DurakJung, but confidence is key. The keys above are only meant to be rough guides and a p[retty good start for those unfamiliar with this subject entirely.

Last edited:
Some here would take the list for what it is and find ways to implement it on their lifes. It wasnt really posted to be debated, because that might causes confusion in "weaker" individuals looking for answers.

Would a mentally strong person come onto a video game forum, for a video game that they QUIT playing, and preach to people they dont really know about how to live their lives? Would that "strong" person use copy and paste information, found somewhere on the internet, all the while assuming that those people are of inferior mental capacity and would need (or want) such help in the first place?

Is that what strong people do?

Would a mentally strong person come onto a video game forum, for a video game that they QUIT playing, and preach to people they dont really know about how to live their lives? Would that "strong" person use copy and paste information, found somewhere on the internet, all the while assuming that those people are of inferior mental capacity and would need (or want) such help in the first place?

Is that what strong people do?

Ok Buttfloss, Seeing as yoiu are so DESPARATE for my attention. Im going to acknowledge you fo a sec.

I was going to lay into you, but im gonna be the bigger person and point you in the right direction. You know, give you some coping mechanisms to deal with it.
Especiallalalalaly got you this nice colorful one....see? :)

Thats ok, you will struggle and accuse ol Daisy of baaaaaaaad baaaaaaad things. But it will get better for you ;) Why not have a ice cream while watching it ^^ yes ? Theeeeere we go, good girl

Last edited:
ar·ro·gant
/ˈerəɡənt/
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

synonyms: haughty, conceited, self-important, egotistic, full of oneself, superior; overbearing, pompous, bumptious, presumptuous, imperious, overweening; proud, immodest; informalhigh and mighty, too big for one's britches, too big for one's boots, big-headed, puffed up; rarehubristic

Hope that helps :)

ar·ro·gant
/ˈerəɡənt/
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

synonyms: haughty, conceited, self-important, egotistic, full of oneself, superior; overbearing, pompous, bumptious, presumptuous, imperious, overweening; proud, immodest; informalhigh and mighty, too big for one's britches, too big for one's boots, big-headed, puffed up; rarehubristic

Hope that helps :)

Are you trying to describe yourself here Max ?

Spot on ! :thumbup:

He doesn't reply, cause he knows its true ...
Just more -rep
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have faster way to judge if a person is "mentally strong" or not;
look at them when something negative happens, that usually reveal
a persons true nature.

Feel good releasing youre inner troll ? You should work in politics girl, you got skills, seeing only what you wanna see ;)

Posting this crap prolly has you twerking youre way round youre desk in your tanktop tied at the front with your pompoms out cause you got a line on lil ol Daisy right ^^ You go girl ^^ Dont break youre back postin cause if you get any more excitied, that twerking is gonna lay you down sweety :wtg: Im all for girl power, but you need to take youre tampons and get out of here cause im not dealing with youre moods today ;)

So pls feel free to twerk youre way out of here cause there are actually some folks here who could use the troll OP post i put out for them.

Although I am pretty good at twerking, and do have some tank tops laying around, I regret to inform you that was not what happened.

What really happened is I just typed it, and moved to another thread, not even remembering it after I wrote it until today when I got home from work. Because to me it was just a fact, it was not a troll, and it certainly didn't elicit any pompom usage or tampon changing on my end. After reading your old posts, I would put you way to the left on the mentally sound spectrum (right being the highest)...slightly below me, but above, chances and peezle definitely.

Finally, now I know you likely have multiple mental disorders, which apparently include picturing me dressing up in a in a girly tanktop with pompoms, twerking for you as I change my tampons. However, I am not one to judge as my list of weird, gross, or freaky fetishes can fill a book. So welcome to the mental disorder club. It is fun here. But the "mentally sound club"? You, fellow freak, are certainly not a member of that. :D

P.S. I admire what your thread has caused us to find out though, that the moderators are now maybe willing to let us have fun expressing our points, and to hopefully leave threads alone more. If this was a test like I think it was, then kudos, that was good thinking :)

Last edited:
The biggest sign of mental weakness is looking for evidence of the opposite...

Although I am pretty good at twerking, and do have some tank tops laying around, I regret to inform you that was not what happened.
With limited intel i can safely say, No regrets on that one ;)

What really happened is I just typed it, and moved to another thread, not even remembering it after I wrote it until today when I got home from work.
Yea me too up until you walked in on my thread out of the blue, gave me a slap and said "lets drink" Looked like you were up for some fun.

Because to me it was just a fact, it was not a troll, and it certainly didn't elicit any pompom usage or tampon changing on my end.
Have a read back, tampon "changing" is your addon. Was DEFINITELY NOT in ol Daisy's script ;). Im guessing you didnt win that case on the finer points. OR judging by this little inconspicuous exaggerated add on ( isaid add on, NOT strap on...so dont try that again ;)) of yours, there might have been some exaggeration of facts for a reversal ^^:wise:

You know why, because I AM mentally strong. In all fairness, I wasn't even sure that you were mentally unsound based on the OP, thats why I just responded with a simple fact and walked away...
Right and you had no idea how Daisy would respond ey ^^ Come on admit it, you just missed all that witty banter in those old PK threads :D Yeaaaa, you knew, you knew :)

BUT, when I got home today, took off my suit, spent a few moments thinking about the massive victory I had this morning in court and how I destroyed the other parties lies and won a very hard case for my client
Gratz, glad i waited till after you left for work to make the post ;)

I went though your old posts, that's when I KNEW that I was definitely 100 times more mentally sound than you.
Thats right, im all about empowering those who need in, even at my own expense. Even the lonely souls like the one who sent lil Daisy a death threat today to her pcf inbox.

And finally, that's when I knew you likely have multiple mental disorders, which include picturing me dressing up in a in a girly tanktop with pompoms, twerking for you as I change my tampons. However, I am not one to judge as my list of weird, gross, or freaky fetishes can fill a book. So welcome to the mental disorder club. It is fun here. But the "mentally sound club"? You, fellow freak, are certainly not a member of that. :D
Im guessing you didnt win youre case on the finer details ^^ Preeeety sure youre the only one using the word "changing" and tampons. in one go...eeeew, shivers down my spine grrrrrrr. Not a fan, no no not a fan at all. Please keep the "changing" sort of detail to yourself if thats ok :)

P.S. I admire what your thread has caused us to find out though, that the moderators are now maybe willing to let us have fun expressing our points, and to hopefully leave threads alone more. If this was a test like I think it was, then kudos, that was good thinking :)

Id have to break game face / character to admit this :yup: So far so good but yes, i was keeping an eye out for the terminator at the base here. :yup: Maybe she can crack a smile afterall.

EDIT : My most expensive response ever. This one just cost me £200....Dont ask, ill get over it in a few :)

Last edited:
Ah..... hugs all around! :yup:

Preeeety sure youre the only one using the word "changing" and tampons. in one go...eeeew, shivers down my spine grrrrrrr. Not a fan, no no not a fan at all. Please keep the "changing" sort of detail to yourself if thats ok :)

EDIT : My most expensive response ever. This one just cost me £200....Dont ask, ill get over it in a few :)

Lol my bad i added "out" in my head after I read "take your tampons". Here, the phrase "take your tampon out" is used regularly. Disgusting either way...nothing with blood is or ever will be in my book of fetishes.

Sorry about the 200. I hope u get it back :)

Also, you got my post into the reply window before i could edit it and make it better... :(

"20 things that mentally weak poker players do"

Last edited:
Good thread and good post, and even better advices. I unserdtand Daisy is not popular among players, but all that hate even in thread like this shows how stupid and vindicative most ppl are.

On last 3 pages meritorius dispute on what Daisy shared was in such minority over ad personam attacks that it makes false impression that EU piracy is best job ever ;)

Back