20 Years of Entropia Universe!

Ok, suggestion for TWEN and beyond!
Premise: using only stuff already available on the platform for easy implementation, very easy even,
Background: increasingly, people are not playing the game of 'shoot and hope' for a miniscule chance of getting a massive return.

Idea: create missions that let players know something special is in the area in terms of loot if players get within range. As a planet has recently introduced a style of mission that becomes active automatically not only within a certain area, but also only if a certain mob has spawned, this means it is perfectly possible to signal to players that a 'special loot mob' or mobs is/are nearby.

Alternatively, an event instance relatively recently had a light in a tower go on if there was a mob spawned in a circle beneath it. Why not make the lights go on here and there, MA, you know, a bit like lights telling us it's time to party in whatever multi-player instance (entrance nearby) for the next 30 mins or whatever?

I'm familiar with increasing levels of special spawns, but some players unfortunately like to leech at higher levels only and not do the groundwork. I'd like to see something more like a SOOTO spaceship of old from the mining days, where players would get a rush of anticipation at the news of an appearance, that continued until the guaranteed nice find was obtained.
The advantage of a mission notification is that it can disappear as soon as somebody else is faster and the nice loot goes to someone else.

Give us 'work' to do that doesn't always cost us an arm and a leg. Heck, give us lower tt return on those bonuses instead of poor loots for most players for days, as long as the mob drops us some nice mu. Give us more choices than just to swear and leave the game for a while...

I was really hoping for some kind of system we could work towards throughout the year.

Dear MindArk,

So far, I am not impressed with the TWEN event, it seems you have again forgotten about miners and crafters. As you know I have done many polls in this forum over the years and although it is true that about 90% of EU participants do engage in hunting, it has been shown that when forced to choose a "primary" profession, there would be around 20% of players that do NOT consider themselves primarily as hunters. So this 20 year celebration of Entropia is fast becoming a celebration for only 80% of participants. What about the other 20% that prefer crafting or mining?

There are some very simple ways you could have done something interesting for Crafters over the last couple of weeks, but alas all you did was place some buy orders on auction for a few (5) crafted components that all required robot loot to craft. Sure, I took advantage of that and got some skills. But clearly, this was the benefit of hunters primarily, without any real thought to crafters. If I'm stuck at the crafting machine during this event, how will I ever get any Unreal tokens? Does my role in EU not matter at all?

You could have done something like this:

Take a BP that has absolutely no use in EU right now but that still ties into Robot loot, like for example Advanced Mountings. No one in their right mind would ever click this right now, it's just an obsolete BP at this point, so everyone will be starting from a QR 1.0 BP on this, starting on equal footing. Yet this BP uses a lot of Super Alloy Mountings which requires Robot Heat Sinks to make.

Institute some sort of reward at the Technician where people turning in QR 100 Advanced Mountings BP get a number of Unreal Tokens, a pile of Blazar (why shouldn't we be able to get our own Blazar? We're the ones using the majorioty of it all), and some other prize such as a Skill chip of you choice related to Crafting, call it a limited time Codex of sorts for Crafters.

How hard is that to do? And then do something like this for Miners too.

Crafters and Miners lives Matter.

Cheers,
Legends

@Legends Last week I filled a order for Basic Screws for MA official but still... Nothing really appealing for crafters and miners, it's not like you going to win the system with 105% order when returns are around 85% or lower even with maxed out BPs.

It's like trying to block the sun with a sieve. lol

I’m already incredibly bored.

at least with FEN we had consistent “event loots” that we could farm up and redeem or sell. Right now loot is just dead unless you get a lotto ticket for a twen item

Meanwhile all the funn is @ argus
Why?? Is there hookers and cocacola there?

Maybe a few developers should go there dressed in big bots skins and join in, play the game, get a few ideas.. create havoc... do some kind of fun activity together to celebrate TWENty freaking years with the community.

Feels like grinding mashing F just doesnt cut it as far as celebrating a milestone like TWEN. Thank you for the effort on the auction orders but I would really prefer if that was all real demand.

I would very much like to see some bots/devs vs players battles with some lore building up to the clash.

Dunno Im a miner who has been hunting last couple weeks. I prefer mining cause its not just mashing F. Since being alone in the mayhem instances I think more and more. WTF am I doing here? Is this the endgame? Same goes to hunting most mobs im confortable killing. Only the very top level mobs I can hunt require to pay a bit more attention. I kinda understand why macros end up being used.

So where are the hurdles we as players should need to overcome when PLAYING a VIDEOGAME? Feels MA removed them all and there is nothing left but shoot and pray.

@Legends Last week I filled a order for Basic Screws for MA official but still... Nothing really appealing for crafters and miners, it's not like you going to win the system with 105% order when returns are around 85% or lower even with maxed out BPs.

It's like trying to block the sun with a sieve. lol

Actually is 90% return on that bp. But 105% for screw wont cover your loss , you have to fish for some explo 1/2 but im sure wont cover or barely.

Not much inspiration for 20 years event .Adjusted some already existing gun names to twen and that's it , not even an graphical update .
No Content , no mission or events .Nothing for crafters and miners.
Low effort so far , took an intern 20 minutes to set up this 20 years anniversary .

Not much inspiration for 20 years event .Adjusted some already existing gun names to twen and that's it , not even an graphical update .
Low effort so far , took an intern 20 minutes to set up this 20 years anniversary .

kinda unreal

:LOL:

Yeah and they said they moved significant resources from unreal to focus on this event. If your estimation is correct, the unreal version is probably being built by 2 free interns LMAO.

I’m already incredibly bored.

at least with FEN we had consistent “event loots” that we could farm up and redeem or sell. Right now loot is just dead unless you get a lotto ticket for a twen item
"We're only 2 weeks in" I can hear many saying. Keep depositing and grinding through the boredom, I'm sure something magical will happen eventually. And I'm almost certain it won't just be you turning real cash into skill numbers.

index.php

Last edited:
Well a proper VU hasn’t occurred yet, so I think there is content they just gave us this as a pre event to keep us happy until the VU. But this playerbase is never happy

Any interesting loot for crafters this time around? Or miners for that matter.

Last edited:
Geez. Ive been around for 18 years.

I think I have only Runescape account older then that.

I.

Kinda underwhelmed by the 20 year celebration so far MA,
it reminds me of my old school reports “must try harder” 😏

Last edited:
Those new items r kinda great.. But its so sad they only drop from those big mobs which only small % of players can farm properly.. Imo Entropia got the worst events and anniversaries i seen in any game and im playing games since 30 years lol. Basicly those r not events, its making ppl to go chase ghosts and filling own pockets while they do. All small and medium players who run and loose peds in hope can only watch and cry when those rich guys getting TWEN items from the big ass mobs ^^ And its said those can drop from every mob in game... yeah sure ^^^ Rly MA, at least once in 20 years u can make something for players instead of for your own pockets -.-

Those new items r kinda great.. But its so sad they only drop from those big mobs which only small % of players can farm properly.. Imo Entropia got the worst events and anniversaries i seen in any game and im playing games since 30 years lol. Basicly those r not events, its making ppl to go chase ghosts and filling own pockets while they do. All small and medium players who run and loose peds in hope can only watch and cry when those rich guys getting TWEN items from the big ass mobs ^^ And its said those can drop from every mob in game... yeah sure ^^^ Rly MA, at least once in 20 years u can make something for players instead of for your own pockets -.-
Things people here do not understand is that you dont have to be uber in order to hunt big mobs ( you dont even have to hunt big mobs @ all)

Go shared
Join a soc that does Team hunts
Find a buddy to hunt with
Upgrade your items
Go Ranged
Depo
Study entropiawiki
Check auction
Track prices
Buy when low
sell when high

adjust

Peoples Problem is they Expect to much+
Blame others for theyr own faults

Last edited:
Long time mindark not care or give damm about craft(more that 99% bp are useless , in fact you bare see new crafters i mean pure crafters that produce stuffs to sell ( no gamble one that spend whole day in explosive) and minning....(hello new items? highest finder in game is B70 - CGR(60-65) and TM8(55-60) to no metion others atrocites in minning

Welcome to hunt universe.... geartreadmill you dont need anymore minning and craft

Last edited:
Long time mindark not care or give damm about craft(more that 99% bp are useless , in fact you bare see new crafters i mean pure crafters that produce stuffs to sell ( no gamble one that spend whole day in explosive) and minning....(hello new items? highest finder in game is B70 - CGR(60-65) and TM8(55-60) to no metion others atrocites in minning

Welcome to hunt universe.... geartreadmill you dont need anymore minning and craft

MA has long ago "decided" that the only profession that has any merit, that people are interested in doing for it's own sake; for fun, is hunting, so they have setup a game where everybody is expected to hunt, and all other paths, professions, activities are just parasitic on the Hunting profession.

I don't think that's very wise in the long-term and I hope they will make Mining and Crafting fun professions to engage in as well, these could be very fun and attractive activities worth dooing, but they are putting all they have into Hunting, all their developper resources, all new content, everything, it's all going to the Hunting profession. Might as well call it Huntropia..

Nothing for miners or crafters as legend pointed out. Not even a way to work towards something. Not holding my breath for a TWEN item from one of these puny creatures.

TBH I'm not gonna do much more if any on this. Seems to me a mostly fixed event. I've tried many times in the past to rise above, yet it seems my card is hidden in the deck.

We need something to grind that is consistent, like the FEN tokens. Only having rare item drops that you need be lucky asf to loot doesn't feel good unless you are one of the lucky "lottery" winners.

We need something to grind that is consistent, like the FEN tokens. Only having rare item drops that you need be lucky asf to loot doesn't feel good unless you are one of the lucky "lottery" winners.
Unreal tokens are consistent 15 PED, just collect a couple thousand and sell them all to buy a TWEN weapon 🥳

Unreal tokens are consistent 15 PED, just collect a couple thousand and sell them all to buy a TWEN weapon 🥳
Anyone know what drops unreal tokens consistently? I have only gotten one. I have no idea where it came from.

Anyone know what drops unreal tokens consistently? I have only gotten one. I have no idea where it came from.
I hunted TskTSk in the tidewater cavern above Cape Corinth for codex, i looted ~3 each day on around 10 hours. I ahve looted 59 of them from alot of different mobs but most of them are from TsKTsk and Merry mayhem annihilation.

I hunted TskTSk in the tidewater cavern above Cape Corinth for codex, i looted ~3 each day on around 10 hours. I ahve looted 59 of them from alot of different mobs but most of them are from TsKTsk and Merry mayhem annihilation.
Thanks toad, nice to see you! Come to think of it, I did jump into a couple mayhem instances recently, maybe that's where it came from. I havent seen a TskTsk in ages :laugh:

Back