2012 Central Coast Meetup - November 16-18

"Rill"

Old Alpha
Society
Antipodean Army
Seryllian Rill Kronan
Hey peoples,
:yay:
We are having another meet up but this time on the SUNNY CENTRAL COAST :wtg:It will be on the weekend of NOW IN DECEMBER *** ALL REPLIES NOW GO IN THIS THREAD https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...29-Central-Coast-Meetup-December-7th-9th-2012

including Friday Night for those who can make it. All players welcome.

So just drop a line if you are interested so other arrangements can be made for accommodation as we will be needing to know numbers of people coming. It would be good to meet a few more people and be good to catch up with past attendees.

Please make a preference for Saturday or Sunday if you can't make the whole weekend and we will organise a place to meet for a luncheon date.
:beerchug:

Last time we hired cabins for those requiring a place to stay. Some accommodation can be provided for AA members or close associates. For those travelling by air/train from interstate we can arrange pick up from Tuggerah Station.

Many of you know Cypherman and Jod from Antipodean Army so you can chat with them in game if I'm not on (which is 98% of the time these days). If you don't know them just go to the nearest space transport centre and ask who has Serica on their friends list. She will contact one of us in game to meet you.

Last edited:
On the calendar .. :yay::yay::yay:

Someone save me a bed please !

:woot:Another BOOZE like the last :wtg:

As one of my twin daughter says in Americana
"oh yeah oh yeah"

I'll do my best Boorum to be there... stuff the manager, stuff the world!
"The Wild Colonial Boyz n Galz:girl:" are off the hook :)
Lets party:yay::yay::yay:

Flying in from Perth
Save me a bed

I will fly to Sydney and hire a car to drive up,
so if anyone need a ride up to Newcastle let me know.

Last edited:
Renewing Passport @ the moment.Time for a holiday.

Can u post me a area or something i can google to make plans on how im going to get there and accomadation etc.

Will proberly just get a rental car from Sydney.And Drive up(according to google).That way i can do some sight seeing,proberly stay for a week.

Might also Bring Daughter over.But i suspect she has exams that week.

Leelee and I will be there for sure.
We will prolly hire one of the cabins like others did on the last trip there.

Madchick

Good To See The Replies Coming In Already

:yay: So time to start talking accommodation is it. If you have a preference for going it 'solo' please put it down also. Otherwise when it comes time to arranging beds you may end up sharing with others. I may not be in the country for this one so accommodation will need to be confirmed by end of September and whatever money required can be paid direct to the Holiday Park.

We did that last time and it worked well. It was a great weekend and everybody chipped in for supplies and shared the meal preparations. We partied long into the night and shared the odd ale :drink:or two. Maybe it was three' or was that four? Well yeah it wuz a good weegend anywayz.

Nickstar how far would you consider "sight seeing". It's a slightly bigger island than yours :laugh:. Joke joke. I here you had a pretty good time in Melbourne. Don't know that we can top that from what I hear but we can certainly try. Maybe we can get somebody's mum to jump out of a cake naked. That should be memorable :D

Talk to Cyph in game about what you might enjoy so we can suggest a path. Or maybe we can even price a Camper Van if you're that keen. The best attraction are on the Gold Coast really but that's Disney World and Sea World and stuff. They're 12 hours drive north. Sydney has smaller versions but still fun. There's many a ride at Lunar Park that a fella can chuck up on. Depends if you have your offspring with you and how old they are. It's only a train ride away. Best talk to Cyph in game or me on the odd occasion that I'm in game these days.

Garek it would be great to catch up with you and hope I'm in town but at this stage it's unlikely. But spread the word peeps in and out of Soc. We need numbers to confirm accommodation.

One Submison For A Cbin Is In

Jod put his hand up to suggest a 6 person cabin share. Five more nominations needed before it can be confirmed as a booking. Anybody else?

Jod put his hand up to suggest a 6 person cabin share. Five more nominations needed before it can be confirmed as a booking. Anybody else?

Is that a cabin like last time with the 1room with double bed and other room with 4 singles ?

And :yay: Joddie will be coming :)

Is that a cabin like last time with the 1room with double bed and other room with 4 singles ?

And :yay: Joddie will be coming :)

:yup: .....can be if you want it that way I'm sure Serica :) If you want the double I think you will be first to put your hand up. Then I gather Jim will be travelling with you of course so with Jod in there that leaves three to go. Sounds like Xaph is a certain plus Garek wants a bed . One more and we can arrange for everybody to send their deposit direct to the Holiday Park for the first cabin. If we can't fill another one we can work something out.

:yup: .....can be if you want it that way I'm sure Serica :) If you want the double I think you will be first to put your hand up. Then I gather Jim will be travelling with you of course so that leaves three to go. Sounds like Xaph is a certain Garek wants a bed and Jod makes five. One more and we can arrange for everybody to send their deposit direct to the Holiday Park.

Just me this time (unless Jim changes his mind).

BTW, Gypsy says this will be a WoF weekend. I'll have to leave pretty earlish on Sunday morning to get home on time, I guess.

lol ie has crashed on me 3 times replying to this thread, im cursed !
Anyway I think the guys are organising something big for my birthday this year.
If it is not a cruise, which I am pretty sure it is from the hints, then I can drive down.

lol ie has crashed on me 3 times replying to this thread, im cursed !
Anyway I think the guys are organising something big for my birthday this year.
If it is not a cruise, which I am pretty sure it is from the hints, then I can drive down.

Sorry about yesterday, IE was causing me many problems, I cleared the cache so should be right now.

I ended up twisting my younger brothers' arm and he told me that we have a scheduled cruise for my birthday. Called the crystal symphony. He emailed me a pic last night, looks great, but didn't tell me anymore about it.

crystal_symphony_jpg.jpg

So I may have to sit this one out as I think the cruise spans over the week you have mentioned - Still not sure of exact details, it supposed to be a surprise retirement come birthday cruise :D

Just me this time (unless Jim changes his mind).

BTW, Gypsy says this will be a WoF weekend. I'll have to leave pretty earlish on Sunday morning to get home on time, I guess.

Problem is it will be a round 4 hunt, so will be against another Country so the date/time of the match is unknown.
I suppose I could drive up and bring my PC, as long as I can get on the internet somehow.

:( Would have been great to put some real faces to some fellow aussie players.
Birthday cruise goes from 15th depart from Brisbane > Auckland > Brisbane arrival 26th.
I will need a day to prepare and get to brisbane too, so its a no go for me sorry.

Next time for sure. :yup:

Just a suggestion, but could we push the date of the meet back to the weekend before (November 9-11) ?

--------------------
Mentioned it to Cyph, he'll check if those who are already coming have made firm travel bookings etc.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, but could we push the date of the meet back to the weekend before (November 9-11) ?

+1 here, I can make it then :wise:

Coming from Great Lakes area in NSW, so easy to drive down to Newcastle and I can pickup anyone from Taree train station which is closer for me. It is central for all Brisbane to Sydney trains as well. Port MacQuarie interchange is a way out for me, but if your in Forster, I can also make that journey too.

Change to Proposed date

It now appears that so far and for the majority of AA Soc members that have been contacted the weekend after is a better choice. That's 23-25 November.

Viperstrike we would like to extend an invitation for you to catch up for a day trip any time. Man we could throw a line into the same fishing hole from here your so close. There are 4 of us pretty well local to the Central Coast so if you want to meet I'm sure we could arrange something.

Cypherman is sending you a friend request. I would but I rarely get on here these days. Maybe in the future I will be more active.

It now appears that so far and for the majority of AA Soc members that have been contacted the weekend after is a better choice. That's 23-25 November.

Viperstrike we would like to extend an invitation for you to catch up for a day trip any time. Man we could throw a line into the same fishing hole from here your so close. There are 4 of us pretty well local to the Central Coast so if you want to meet I'm sure we could arrange something.

Cypherman is sending you a friend request. I would but I rarely get on here these days. Maybe in the future I will be more active.

Sure bud,

No hassles here, you guys have a great weekend ...
I will be getting motion sickness (or used to it hehe) that weekend.

Since im only 5 hour out from NC, another general meetup for a day or so would be great.

No rush, im retired and about most of the time :)

Cheers,
Viper

Seems I'm overcommitted , or am I
Anticipated November 17th and 20th Nov
It seems I've gotta do a presentation!
http://www.apsadconference.com.au/
WoF other dates may be Ok!

Looks like I'm in Melbourne...

Xaph, that conference is November 18-21. Note that Rill has posted above that our meet date has been tentatively changed to 23-25 November (due to conflict with WoF scheduling). You should be back by then :)

Rill, when you confirm that date, can you ask a mod to change the thread title pls? Just to avoid confusion.

Xaph, that conference is November 18-21. Note that Rill has posted above that our meet date has been tentatively changed to 23-25 November (due to conflict with WoF scheduling). You should be back by then :)

Rill, when you confirm that date, can you ask a mod to change the thread title pls? Just to avoid confusion.

Thank Serica, given that should be at least to duck in with the tin lids for a 'Hi and Goodbye' dependant upon roster and my beloveds commitments;)
Note
Lead up and lead out get counted in public health unless I donate my days off, I'll try to get them allocated correctly:)

--------------------
Mentioned it to Cyph, he'll check if those who are already coming have made firm travel bookings etc.

This date is good for me, the weekend 24th is out cause I'm going to a wedding.

Gypsy

Actually WoF is on all through November except the 24/25th.

AUGUST 25th/AUGUST 26th: Stage One Qualifier
SEPTEMBER 8th/SEPTEMBER 9th: Stage Two Qualifier
OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st Stage 3 (3 weekends)
NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th Stage 4: (3 weekends)
DECEMBER 1st: Stage 5: Semi-Finals
DECEMBER 15th: 3-Way Final.

I'll check with Hurrikane how it's going to work and if we need to play every week..

Actually WoF is on all through November except the 24/25th.

AUGUST 25th/AUGUST 26th: Stage One Qualifier
SEPTEMBER 8th/SEPTEMBER 9th: Stage Two Qualifier
OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st Stage 3 (3 weekends)
NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th Stage 4: (3 weekends)
DECEMBER 1st: Stage 5: Semi-Finals
DECEMBER 15th: 3-Way Final.

I'll check with Hurrikane how it's going to work and if we need to play every week..

My bad, I thought it was alternate weekends. Stage 4 we do need to play every match. If we stay in the top 3 after Stage 2, we won't need to compete at all in Stage 3 tho.

Personally I can make to Central Coast any weekend - I just need to have an internet connection during the match (whatever time that ends up being scheduled for).

What if we push it right back into early December.

What if we push it right back into early December.

Weekend of 7-9 December ? That's fine with me.

It's the weekend after the semi-finals, so we'll either be planning the Final or drowning our sorrows :D

This is the last proposed date - cabins are booked out any other date

Ok we have established that if the previous dates were unacceptable the LAST AND FINAL DATE CHANGE IS:

December 7-9th 2012 - Cabins are booked out on other dates

Cabin sleeps six (one double bed only) and is $240 per night so Friday & Saturday = $80 each between 6

** These cabins are booked out pretty quickly so delaying a decision on change of date would push this to next year. Money can be sent direct to the park once we confirm numbers. Don't delay your decision please and I just hope Garek hasn't booked plane tickets.

Once we have a cabin filled I will have the thread renamed or start another and leave a link here.

Those dates work with me.

Back