2014... Failure...

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
My plans for next year? Yep hopefully quit this game.

I wish you people weren't so self centered. I wish you people had actually listened to Peezle. He is smart and had good ideas. That doesn't mean he was right the whole time, but he still had good ideas. Peezle felt the pain that we all do or at least try to ignore. If only someone took the time to see it. Maybe even if someone took the time to listen? But no, all anyone did was hop on the bandwagon in laughing at him or whatever. I appreciate some people maturely responding, but not many really saw or took it to heart..

If it means anything, a long time ago Magam told me Peezle had good ideas. I was confused but now I see it. Magam is gone, nobody listens to Peezle. Hell, nobody really listens to anybody. This game has so many problems. We keep putting MA to blame when really it is ourselves. Unlike Peezle, I am happy with the current playerbase and amount of joining newbies. But beyond that, everything is a mess.

Oh well, Peezle was and will still be persistant. Much more than I can say. But it really shows me something, theres nothing I can do to change your minds. Good luck in life people, but especially good luck in life to Peezle.

Someone may have great ideas but if they can't communicate those ideas in a coherent manner, it's as if they had none at all. I can't say whether Peezle had any good ideas, but I can say I never understood any of his posts.

BTW aren't "I'm quitting" threads against the rules?

Last edited:
why hope to quit, if you want to do it just do it, stop being so emotional.

I think you are just upset about things that in realitly don't really matter that much at all. maybe take a break from forum for a while, then you will feel better.

90% of stuff written on this forum is just bullshit. I have got raised by stuff on here plenty of times before, but honestly it really doesn't matter, it doesn't effect you IRL, this is a computer game for you entertainment, if it becomes more than that you need to take a break, it will help.

Im not quitting, just trying to prove a point. Ill still be ingame and on the forums. The only reason I said I should quit is becauss of my dissapointment. The bulk on my message (Neil) was not about quitting...

I wish you people weren't so self centered. I wish you people had actually listened to Peezle. He is smart and had good ideas. That doesn't mean he was right the whole time, but he still had good ideas. Peezle felt the pain that we all do or at least try to ignore. If only someone took the time to see it. Maybe even if someone took the time to listen? But no, all anyone did was hop on the bandwagon in laughing at him or whatever. I appreciate some people maturely responding, but not many really saw or took it to heart..

Yes, very much understood. You just have to have been in the game a bit longer to really understand him. But I'm still hoping for that game he is fixing on releasing at some point. Should be an all out cool game to play.

At current state EU feels like a joke, which is sad, since it still has some potential.

My issues today are:
• massive lag in all terminals and auction,
• massive lag in all type of looting (no mining thou')
• crasch when interact with society terminal,
• a LOT of time out when trying to log in,
• several disconnect when I finally get in,
• internal error when selling stuff (icons (items?) still in inventory after trade and
relog solve it but then the time out starts again)
• internal error when standing still doing nothing (this one really impressed me :D)
• internal error when trying to equip gear
• a lot of Failed when hunting, with a lot of target evaded directly after that (13 in a row on a
aranea young? seriously MA?)
• position issues for vehicles, mobs and avatar
• and probably other issues I have ignored... :D

Question is, why all these issues?
Logically there are features they have implemented halfway, like new Social Interface and
related features, and probably run parts of it at same time as current system to see
how it behaves, but not sure, just my guessing.
Sadly MA are terrible to notify and show in a clear and transparent way what issues
and problems that excist atm, and whta parts they are working at.
I know they had the excuse, or reason as they said, that it could give away too much
info for their competitors... sorry to say MA, but your competitors aren't your worst
threat atm, it's the lack of "quality", stability, continuity in features and actions that
is your worst "enemy" atm.

Now, all these things can be changed to the better, or even deleted.
I doubt staff at MA is all crap, my guess is that they are quite ok actually, but there
is something that hold them back... reduce that and EU will develop quite ok.
Until I see a decent level of quality, stability, logic, continuity and so on I will reduce
my depos again, it just isn't worth it for me atm.
Hopefully others has a better luck than me ingame thou'... :)

• massive lag in all terminals and auction,
• massive lag in all type of looting (no mining thou')
• internal error when selling stuff (icons (items?) still in inventory after trade and
relog solve it but then the time out starts again)
• internal error when trying to equip gear
• position issues for vehicles, mobs and avatar

absolutely agree with you, these bugs make the game unplayable

Im not quitting, just trying to prove a point.
Whom are u threatening with this quitting game of yours?
Could it be MA? :) or maybe it's us, players? :laugh:
It's obvious u never thought about that.

We keep putting MA to blame when really it is ourselves.
OK, now we got 2 Peezles, both harmless nice guys, both unable to explain a single line in their own cryptic messages...
Maybe Peezle is contagious?

Sweet Zenzile! Did Peezle finally start shipping the shit he was smoking to others? Where did you get it? What countries is it legal in?

Whom are u threatening with this quitting game of yours?
Could it be MA? :) or maybe it's us, players? :laugh:
It's obvious u never thought about that.

OK, now we got 2 Peezles, both harmless nice guys, both unable to explain a single line in their own cryptic messages...
Maybe Peezle is contagious?

Im not threatening anyone with leaving ffs. I was only saying that maybe quitting would be the best thing to do for me. Nobody cares if I quit...

By the way, my fears have been confirmed, English is now defined as a cryptic language.

I have recently bought a new gaming laptop with 8Gb RAM, Pentium i5-4200M, GeForce GT 740 2Gb, HDD with 24Gb Flash-drive or what ever it is called :)...

I have a good and fast internet connection, when the downloader runs an update I reach over 5mb (that is megabytes, not megabits)/ second. That is the same as processing 3,5 old 3,5" floppy drives in one second!!?!

I run this game on medium settings to be able to have a rather smooth gaming experience.
Common man, this is frink'n CryEngine2, not really the latest state of the art.
I, for my believe, should run Very High settings, the best of the best settings in a super smooth manner.

Why can't that be MA? Why hasn't that ever been possible in my almost 11 years in this game?

I do run the game with settings on High, but when I run it on lower settings same
issues still occur.
I have i7, 24gb ram, dedicated SSDs for EU and so on, so machine do handle EU
quite good when there are no issues and problems, sadly not to often lately.
Before last updates, game ran quite smooth on high.
I still believe a lot of my issues and problems are related with comming system in
the new Social UI, so I doubt these are permanent issues, they gonna be there until the
day they release these features (and they work decently good)... hopefully. :silly2: :D

I have recently bought a new gaming laptop with 8Gb RAM, Pentium i5-4200M, GeForce GT 740 2Gb, HDD with 24Gb Flash-drive or what ever it is called :)...

I have a good and fast internet connection, when the downloader runs an update I reach over 5mb (that is megabytes, not megabits)/ second. That is the same as processing 3,5 old 3,5" floppy drives in one second!!?!

I run this game on medium settings to be able to have a rather smooth gaming experience.
Common man, this is frink'n CryEngine2, not really the latest state of the art.
I, for my believe, should run Very High settings, the best of the best settings in a super smooth manner.

Why can't that be MA? Why hasn't that ever been possible in my almost 11 years in this game?

Because gaming laptops do nog exist.

Hey Zenzile,

You're really cool, and we met last year, and you're a nice guy throughout the year. I don't think you should quit, you've made some posts on forums that have good points and that I mostly agree with :).

However, I agree with Neil though. Peezle kind of um, he kind of started these threads that seemed like quasi-poetry to put it in the best light. I did earnestly try to read one or two, but then gave up.

I understood he was trying to bash on aspects of EU he wanted to warn us about or something like that - but his method of delivery just really really sucked. At first I thought he just wasn't too well-versed in the English language, and then I wondered if he was doing it on purpose, and after awhile I just gave up reading his posts thinking they were garbage.

You know those New Age spiritualists who have really great things to say but convey their messages like this: "Ev3ryth1NG is C0NNECTED, and we Ar3 all FrEE to do what we WanT. Darkness comes fRoM da LiGhT and LIGhT from Da DarkneZZ, so go and reconn3CT wit MOTHER NATURE and be with the ONE"

so yeah, it just makes these great people lose their credibility. Peezle too.

Seems you have a GeForce GT 740 M 2Gb which is at best a medium class graphic-card, good to save energy and to keep a notebook cold enough but not good to deliver maximum power - so no you shouldnt be able to run highest settings...get a desktop pc and a serious graphic card if you need it

And on top of what everyone had said, everybody who didnt understand him the first time, was treated very aggressively.

(variously attributed to Ronald Reagan, Polish folklore and other sources)
How do you tell a communist from an anti-communist? A communist someone who reads Marx and Lenin. An anti-communist is someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

This whole thread is just completely stupid. I cant believe what some people actually spend their time on.

Except a lot of us don't get ANY of that. Which doesn't mean its any less real for you, but illustrates the problems with distributed computing rather well.

If I had to guess, the particular kinds of problems you two are having look like a lot of dropped packets - a lot of dropped SYN packets when connecting to anything but port 80 / 443, possibly to make sure you are not spammers / P2P file sharers. Try seeing if a different ISP fixes it.

Instead of wasting time in this thread, we should all be pooling our PED together to fund the creation of a time machine so we can go back 10 years in the past and play Project Entropia in its "golden age"... :wise:

Ya know ... I'd like to think that I speak and understand English very well (although online I happily butcher the English language because I'm lazy) and I've probably not understood a single thing peezle has said.

I mean I've heard more coherent stuff come out of a Dutch guy on shrooms who was trying to drive a broken down car and thought he saw dragons on the moon

It's like hearing a rap battle between Shakespeare and Douglas Adams... What ever brilliant ideas he had he's got as much cred as a homeless guy saying he's got the holy panties of Jesus

When I first saw this thread title, I was curious... and then I read the thread, and I found it to be bizarre, at best.

Since you are obviously a big fan of Peezle, and you stated you understand his "ideas", then please, explain them to the rest of us. Because from where I am sitting, Peezle has ideas of grandeur, but no actual concrete "this is what we should do". He and I have often agreed to disagree, and I have NO feelings of dislike, ill will, etc towards Peezle.... however, I do agree that he needs to improve his actual communication skills.

Here's what I know:

Peezle once asked me if I would be willing to contribute peds as part of a group that would work towards improving and even outright owning EU. When I asked about what ideas he had, he basically said that the ideas would come from the collective thought process of the group.... a group of about 5k individuals... all well and good, but again, no concrete ideas. Also, in the process if asking, he managed to insult me, and my society, on multiple occasions... and then attributed it to cultural differences. (the statement "you think so little of yourself" is an insult, no matter what culture)

Peezle tends to toss out overt insults in just about every post he makes, if it is reply to someone disagreeing with him, or asking for further clarification. Sometimes, those insults are not so overt. And because I am US citizen, apparently, according to Peezle, I have a distinct disadvantage and have been brainwashed into thinking that I am nothing, that I can accomplish nothing, and that I am limiting myself because of this... yet, he knows nothing about the person behind the avatar (as it should be, since I tend to keep my IRL and EU separate).

Peezle likes to toss it about, often, that he runs/owns a successful business and has lots of money. Therefore, everyone should listen to what he says. Fantastic... but there are certainly many people in EU who own successful businesses and/or have lots of money but don't brag about them, and make far more sense than the stuff that spews forth from Peezles keyboard.

Like I said, I have nothing personal against the guy. In fact, he and I have had many civil conversations. We have also had many bizarre conversations. As I said, we have, many times, agreed to disagree.

So, please... if you "get" all the things that Peezle has been saying, if you understand what his ideas are all about (in real, concrete terms) then PLEASE, translate for the rest of us... there is no google translator for peezle-speak.

Instead of wasting time in this thread, we should all be pooling our PED together to fund the creation of a time machine so we can go back 10 years in the past and play Project Entropia in its "golden age"... :wise:
Afaik, here we have a perfectly logical proposition, disquised as another "Peezle talk".

U wanna say a group of players should pool their resources to buy out the original PE level design and artwork data and then create their own planet with that material, right?

Suppose i translated this cryptic message correctly (thou i'm not entirely certain i did), then regretfully a whole lot of very practical problems arise:
  1. Has this original content, all those files, survived at all? (if not all the following questions will fall off automatically)
  2. If it is, is there enough data available to recreate entire working environment? (not only animations and textures, but also the dynamic content, AI scripts, economic framework, etc etc)
  3. If there's enough data (or if it's possible to recreate the missing parts), would it look resonably similar to the original when using CryEngine2 instead of Gamebryo? I mean, would the original "alien sky" look the same or rather like just another poorly designed sky on CE2? What about avatars?
Here we arrive to the 1st breaking point. Obviously it wouldn't be reasonable to use CE2 for this specific task. The original Gamebryo engine would make things much easier and the reults would be better.
This, however means we're not creating a planet within current EU, but outside it. A separate platform where MA either has to designate a separate team tasked only with controlling and balancing this single virtual world - or they have to give up their control entirely.

Now, what are the chances MA would agree with this? Or rather, could we offer good enough price to make them even consider something so extreme? Pretty much zero. It's easier/cheaper to try to create a new game that resembles old PE and try to resolve potential copyright issues with MA...

It's not the whole list, but i think there's no point in continuing. That's the problem with all those grand ideas, as soon as u look at them closely, a myriad of very practical problems will arise and it doesn't seem that great any more. Smart guy would try to avoid falling into this trap... ;)

Afaik, here we have a perfectly logical proposition, disquised as another "Peezle talk".

U wanna say a group of players should pool their resources to buy out the original PE level design and artwork data and then create their own planet with that material, right?

Suppose i translated this cryptic message correctly (thou i'm not entirely certain i did), then regretfully a whole lot of very practical problems arise:
  1. Has this original content, all those files, survived at all? (if not all the following questions will fall off automatically)
  2. If it is, is there enough data available to recreate entire working environment? (not only animations and textures, but also the dynamic content, AI scripts, economic framework, etc etc)
  3. If there's enough data (or if it's possible to recreate the missing parts), would it look resonably similar to the original when using CryEngine2 instead of Gamebryo? I mean, would the original "alien sky" look the same or rather like just another poorly designed sky on CE2? What about avatars?
Here we arrive to the 1st breaking point. Obviously it wouldn't be reasonable to use CE2 for this specific task. The original Gamebryo engine would make things much easier and the reults would be better.
This, however means we're not creating a planet within current EU, but outside it. A separate platform where MA either has to designate a separate team tasked only with controlling and balancing this single virtual world - or they have to give up their control entirely.

Now, what are the chances MA would agree with this? Or rather, could we offer good enough price to make them even consider something so extreme? Pretty much zero. It's easier/cheaper to try to create a new game that resembles old PE and try to resolve potential copyright issues with MA...

It's not the whole list, but i think there's no point in continuing. That's the problem with all those grand ideas, as soon as u look at them closely, a myriad of very practical problems will arise and it doesn't seem that great any more. Smart guy would try to avoid falling into this trap... ;)

Too much work. I just wanted to go back in time...

Things will never be the same. Wherefore art thou Project Entropia? A rose by any other name is apparently not as sweet :(

If it means anything, a long time ago Magam told me Peezle had good ideas. I was confused but now I see it. Magam is gone, nobody listens to Peezle. Hell, nobody really listens to anybody. This game has so many problems. We keep putting MA to blame when really it is ourselves. Unlike Peezle, I am happy with the current playerbase and amount of joining newbies. But beyond that, everything is a mess.

Oh well, Peezle was and will still be persistant. Much more than I can say. But it really shows me something, theres nothing I can do to change your minds. Good luck in life people, but especially good luck in life to Peezle.

You're "trying" to quit because there wasn't enough positive feedback on ''Peezle's" post?

How about something like this, positive enough?

I feel the problem with Peezle is his communication and writing skills can be difficult to interpret at times, which I find extremely surprising since he says he is a publisher. I left school with no qualifications at all yet I do try to put together a post that can be understood without too much effort.

I often re-read Peezle's threads over and over to attempt to decipher what he is trying to say. He does have valid things to say when you understand him. The problem is the forum can be a bear pit if you leave yourself open to attack. He probably goes on the rant at times, and doesn't proof his posts (when drunk ...who knows). I have been guilty of posting at times in a rush rather than sleeping on it.

Personally I'm respectful of anyone that takes time to contribute to the forum, and will not bat a man down for poor language. Although if he improved on his writing skills, I'm sure he would receive a much better response.

I have much time for Magam, and it is sad he is not around these days. If Magam has time for him, then he is a man worth listening too.

All that said; At times we can easily take the game dynamics and development to heart, if it's too painful then moderate your time here to suit your life and cash flow. We all would be happier for that. The game is a beast of thing now, sometimes I feel it's best to just go with the flow, rather than try and change the world.

Rick

I like Peezle. :hug:

He's very entertaining.
I don't however believe that he has any concrete ideas, that he simple is unable to communicate. I always imagine him laughing his butt off, after posting here. :laugh:

If he truly had seriously ideas he wanted to share, I'm sure he could do better than constantly posting insulting nonsense. I think he's pretty good at expressing what he wants, and I find it entertaining.
In case I'm wrong (which I'm sure I'm not), I feel really really sorry for the guy.

Back