Price Check 20k recommendation

xantok

Guardian
Society
BA - Evo
What gun is around or under the 20k ped mark that you would recommend.

looking at XTLC-600 (might be higher)
BC-30 mod (seems kinda small)
Argo weak claw

Any other ideas i might be able to look into to make a more informed decision?

59 laser sniper 57 laser damage
58 blp pistol 56 blp damage

melee is shit, less than 30 across the board.

looking more for a weapon to skill me up, looking into melee for more rounded skills/HO eventually i want to be in a high tiered M83 and will likely not move off that gun ever

Last edited:
What is your level?
What are you looking for? (range? eco? efficiency? dps? melee?)

I sold my tier 2.99 Argo Weak Claw plus amp for 22k two weeks ago.

A tier 3.99 Mod BC-30 sold for 25k last week. Tsunade has a tier 2.99 one for sale at 24k on forum.

If you want something to grind with, I would recommend one of these if you can creep a little bit higher than 20k. BP-20 FEN if you can't.

Once mayhem is over I will have a wide variety of weapons you could rent and try out very inexpensively One of which is the aforementioned mod bc30 among other rifles. As well the Nano katana with trauma 7 comes out to 65.4% efficiency. If you add a p20 extender it goes to 68.8 and it is T7, you only need 23 swords to max it and it has 59.1 listed DPS, and with amp and enhancers can hit over 100 actual dps.

Once mayhem is over I will have a wide variety of weapons you could rent and try out very inexpensively One of which is the aforementioned mod bc30 among other rifles. As well the Nano katana with trauma 7 comes out to 65.4% efficiency. If you add a p20 extender it goes to 68.8 and it is T7, you only need 23 swords to max it and it has 59.1 listed DPS, and with amp and enhancers can hit over 100 actual dps.
Plugging your service is ok but why would u suggest adding L extender on UL blade that only has decay and adding extendender mean adding mu on entire hunt just my thought :D

Plugging your service is ok but why would u suggest adding L extender on UL blade that only has decay and adding extender mean adding mu on entire hunt just my thought :D

Depending on the amount of MU you pay on the extender it could be net beneficial because of how much of an efficiency increase it adds. I have noticed that on a lot of blp and melee weapons adding a p20 can increase efficiency by 5%+. And efficiency increases your loot, so it can potentially be a net positive depending on how much MU you pay.

I plugged my service specifically because I had one of the items on his list that he is looking to buy, so trying it out and seeing if he likes it before committing to the decision I think is not going to far off topic. And I added the Nano Katana to fill in the hole in the limited melee skill range he has, and it could easily allow him to level to something higher up on the food chain because the Katana has such low skill requirements but can level you up real fast because of the dps it can put out.

Last edited:
Depending on the amount of MU you pay on the extender it could be net beneficial because of how much of an efficiency increase it adds. I have noticed that on a lot of blp and melee weapons adding a p20 can increase efficiency by 5%+. And efficiency increases your loot, so it can potentially be a net positive depending on how much MU you pay.
Even if it adds 5% efficiency you will need to get the extender for 100.35% .

what's your turnover in a year ? can you justify buying these bloated priced weapons for potential 1-2% better loot ?
you need insane turnover , else you will loose much more on the gun price as what you would 'save'

what is the XTLC 600 going for? with my current gun i can shoot about 800 ped/hr... and i will say i do 10 hours a week on average, but some weeks do much more (been sitting in ffa for about 6 hours today alone)

so 8k a weekish, with spikes up to a 20k week here and there (but also weeks of nothing if life gets hectic)

I know a guy is asking 8k for the xtlc 200 and it is t8. Hulk is asking like 100k for the 1000 at t10 or something like that.

Can you elaborate a bit more on your goals?
At a 20k ballpark there are a wide range of weapons available to you, but which one is appropriate for your situation will depend on a variety of factors. How many hours/week do you intend to grind? What kind of bankroll are you working with? Do you intend to deposit regularly to top off your PED card or will you be attempting to focus on farming markup with a high efficiency weapon?

1. I dont want to go down in DPS from a tier 8.99 Spirit MK.I

goal is to get a gun that will allow me to keep skilling but also doing enough DPS to kill higher level creatures without having to run it fully decked with damage enhancers every second of every day. , Ii really like rext, aruli, and also like excursions to other planets for mang chang, rhino beetle, some of the dauhtmer snake things.

my bank roll varies, i have a bad habit of hoarding random stuff would guess 4k is not unreasonable to guess i have access to on a regular basis,

So you want a gun that does equal damage to a tier 8 spirit mk1 without using enhancers to achieve that dps qty

goal is to get a gun that will allow me to keep skilling but also doing enough DPS to kill higher level creatures without having to run it fully decked with damage enhancers every second of every day. , Ii really like rext, aruli, and also like excursions to other planets for mang chang, rhino beetle, some of the dauhtmer snake things.

my bank roll varies, i have a bad habit of hoarding random stuff would guess 4k is not unreasonable to guess i have access to on a regular basis,

With such limited bankroll I would recommend rolling that 20K PED into your bankroll rather than a higher level weapon. 24K is barely enough to comfortably cycle on the mobs you listed.

L4 is a great weapon. You can get a T 9 or 10 for around +15.5k You will need to eat some chips though to get to SIB.

In my opinion, it all boils down to willingness and ability to deposit regularly or not to support your hunting.

If you are fine with depositing a bit here and there to support the faster skilling and more "fun" you can have along the way with an XTLC, or L4 that was mentioned by Kaiser, then go for something like that. If continuous financial support is not a problem, there are some high dps available in your 20k price range for sure that you can have a lot of fun with.

If you want the peds to last longer (or even profit longterm if you don't go totally crazy with mob choices), go for stuff around 80% efficiency like those I already mentioned above; BP20 FEN, Mod BC30, Weak Argo Claw etc. This will sacrifice dps, obviously. On the other hand there can be a breaking point where you might need to stop and wait for next deposit when you grind with 55-60% efficiency, resulting in reaching your skill goal in a shorter time frame with the lower dps but higher efficiency weapons anyway. But sure, you would probably need some tiers unlocked if you want to hunt what you are able to hunt now. Tier 3 Mod BC-30 with Beast amp is equal to unenhanced Spirit Mk.1 with Dante in terms of dps, for comparison.

The weapon chart on Entropiawiki is great to play around with if you want to weigh dps and efficiency against each other, if you haven't checked that out already:

And as Captain Jack already mentioned, 4k ped bankroll is very low either way and especially if you want to hunt Rextelum, Aurli, Mang Chang. Your ped card will most likely run out several times on the way due to the volatility that comes with that amount of HP on the mob.

In my opinion, it all boils down to willingness and ability to deposit regularly or not to support your hunting.

If you are fine with depositing a bit here and there to support the faster skilling and more "fun" you can have along the way with an XTLC, or L4 that was mentioned by Kaiser, then go for something like that. If continuous financial support is not a problem, there are some high dps available in your 20k price range for sure that you can have a lot of fun with.

If you want the peds to last longer (or even profit longterm if you don't go totally crazy with mob choices), go for stuff around 80% efficiency like those I already mentioned above; BP20 FEN, Mod BC30, Weak Argo Claw etc. This will sacrifice dps, obviously. On the other hand there can be a breaking point where you might need to stop and wait for next deposit when you grind with 55-60% efficiency, resulting in reaching your skill goal in a shorter time frame with the lower dps but higher efficiency weapons anyway. But sure, you would probably need some tiers unlocked if you want to hunt what you are able to hunt now. Tier 3 Mod BC-30 with Beast amp is equal to unenhanced Spirit Mk.1 with Dante in terms of dps, for comparison.

The weapon chart on Entropiawiki is great to play around with if you want to weigh dps and efficiency against each other, if you haven't checked that out already:

And as Captain Jack already mentioned, 4k ped bankroll is very low either way and especially if you want to hunt Rextelum, Aurli, Mang Chang. Your ped card will most likely run out several times on the way due to the volatility that comes with that amount of HP on the mob.

ive been LIVING on entropedia... but at a certain point I need to pull away from number crunching nad get what others think is out there.

i have had people recommend things i would never consider like getting a 38 aug and skillign with it since its dpp will still be on par with most guns i would be using before i get hyper efficent.

i have had people recommend things i would never consider like getting a 38 aug and skillign with it since its dpp will still be on par with most guns i would be using before i get hyper efficent.
Augmented EP-38? That is horrible advice I'm afraid, worst of this thread so far. Must have been someone who has one for sale who told you that. Enter your hit and damage level for the gun in Weapon Compare and you will see what happens to dpp. You should definitely stick to something you max.

Augmented EP-38? That is horrible advice I'm afraid, worst of this thread so far. Must have been someone who has one for sale who told you that. Enter your hit and damage level for the gun in Weapon Compare and you will see what happens to dpp. You should definitely stick to something you max.

oh i didnt say it was a good idea, but i was saying it was an idea that i never through of. hince the reason for requests lol

Back