21st October 2015 is...

OMG! 30 years ago at this time I was climbing into bed with a girl for the first time. Holy shit I was so excited and scared.:)

I spent 30 mins constructing a reply to the above (which I still have, should it be required - unlikely)

Then I remembered: This is (pretty much) me:

Enjoy the voice chat, in 1996, men were allowed to vent better than in 2015.

:sniper:

Last edited:

12 Back to the Future 2 Predictions that came true.

Last edited:
Seeing as I was not even born in 1985, but have seen the film on television on occasion!

The only thing I remember playing for the very first time was GameBoy & Super Mario Bros.

Not as brutal as Duke Nukem but then again was under aged to play that as well :laugh:.

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV0qJd-phvQ

Holy crap the text games, I loved those. Go West....pick up.....that was awesome stuff. I don't think I ever completed one.

As a family, 30 years ago we had one of the first BBC desktops. Around that time was the first Elite game....those were the best.

A friend had a spectrum, although i vaguely remember that might have been a few years later.

No mobile phones, no laptops....my god.

I was living in Saudi Arabia at the time, where our biggest issue was clean water. So in 1985 I was probably on my blue and yellow bmx bike, on the english compound somewhere, no doubt upsetting neighbours.

Other games we had, that i remember, on the old BBC. Ping pong, space invaders......

Oh the memories.

As for what i thought of the future Mega, i wanted to be a doctor! I didn't care about future tech, probably :)

EDIT: i almost forgot, tape players, no cds. I had a portable sony tape player that was huge!
EDIT2: I also remember Dad having to run the BBC in memory mode, allocating its memory to be able to play any type of game.

Rgds

Ace

OCT 1985 , Met my girlfriend . still living together with kid

Holy crap the text games, I loved those. Go West....pick up.....that was awesome stuff. I don't think I ever completed one.

Oh the memories.

As for what i thought of the future Mega, i wanted to be a doctor! I didn't care about future tech, probably :)

EDIT: i almost forgot, tape players, no cds. I had a portable sony tape player that was huge!

Rgds

Ace

I still have this in a box in my loft. Turn the sound down, just enjoy it. Tough as hell.

We had to wait till 1994-6 for Doom / Duke, in the mean time there was this kind of trickiness....

Last edited:

Best I can do.

(C) Mccormick

Lets dance the VU9 away. :banana:

Anyone still think - "This? Is the 21st century????"

Where are my hoverboots? :yup:

WOW McCormick was so good - love the dance sequence with all the mobs

WOW McCormick was so good - love the dance sequence with all the mobs

Only one thing spoils it.
VU15.0 graphics please.
Anyone who has seen the dance sequence and ever cracked a smile, wants it!

So where were we?

Right. October 21st 2015.

For some of us its the future. For some it is the present.

Graphics are better I suppose!

[Glad you all made it]

Last edited:
Well.

For those who saw the original film in the past and presumably made it into the future (ie yesterday - this may get confusing)

I hope you enjoyed the old film and the not quite so old film that was set in the present (ie yesterday) although I think it was the best of the three.

The most recent film that was set in the distant past, I wasn't so interested in, it didn't have Clint Eastwood scowling, for one thing. You need that for it to be a decent Western. Again, in my opinion.

^ Short version for those who never saw the first film.

Serica, can we close this thread down as 21 Oct 2015 is now officially in the past.

Thank you.

Last edited:
107 Tings about the Back to the Future franchise. that you probably didn't know.

Here's a 107 things you didn't know aobut Back to the future..(and some of them are quite.. fascinatiing.

Okay where I'm going.. I don't need roads..

(Sgt) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Military
(a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper) and "His_Dog+Spot"

Back