25k CLD buyer discovered!

I'm saying that in a free society, people are allowed to figure things out.

There is nothing wrong with that. The OP simply put together two public pieces of information and arrived at a conclusion.

You trying to forbid that is ridiculous.

I'm betting YOU bought the 25k CLD :wise:

Well I might be able to afford it if I sold my apartment, a kidney and a couple of my friends/relatives :laugh:

You trying to forbid that is ridiculous.

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said I want to forbid it, I said that I feel it is morally wrong from my point of view to try and dig out information someone else does not want you to dig out when there is no real reason for it other than "curiousity". There is a big difference.

So you claim that knowing who bought who is part of a free society?

What's next, should I scan and upload the reciepts from when I was to the store earlier somewhere so anyone that wishes can go in and check who bought the last chocolate bar with whole hazelnuts?

That argument is ridiculus, there is nothing but selfishness behind that. Why is your wish to know his identity more important than his wish not to make it public? You're essentially saying "Hey I am more important than this dude" here, and you don't even have any gain from knowing who it is... do you?

Yet you call my argument ridiculous with no problem.

People are free to inquire into things. They are free to peruse any public knowledge that they wish. And they are allowed to form their conclusions. I don't see how that can be considered selfish.

I don't have a "wish" to know the guys identity. I have a right to public knowledge. Are you saying this guy's wish to remain anonymous is more important than my (anyone's) access to public knowledge? I really don't care who this guy is. It doesn't mean that much to me personally. But I do not like people trying to curtail my right to knowledge because of their "moral" position.

If he really wanted to remain anonymous, he could have done a much better job of it. :)

Well I might be able to afford it if I sold my apartment, a kidney and a couple of my friends/relatives :laugh:

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said I want to forbid it, I said that I feel it is morally wrong from my point of view to try and dig out information someone else does not want you to dig out when there is no real reason for it other than "curiousity". There is a big difference.

This is exactly what a free press does on a daily basis. Dig up information that certain people wish to remain hidden.

Yet you call my argument ridiculous with no problem.

Ridiculus from my point of view, yes, because I do not feel there is a connection between a "free society" and "knowing what some guy did with his money" unless what the person did with his money affected someone negatively, which this event has not as far as I know.

If he really wanted to remain anonymous, he could have done a much better job of it. :)

... if that person is the buyer, which he claims he is not. There really is no way to know if he is telling the truth or not, of course, only some coincidence that points that direction.

This is exactly what a free press does on a daily basis. Dig up information that certain people wish to remain hidden.

Yes, but the times this is morally correct is when they have a better reason than "I was curious".

Like I said, this is the price you pay to live in a free society. Your public statements and announcements are available for scrutiny.

Like being able to look at two pieces of public knowledge and forming a conclusion.

You not liking this because you feel you are "morally right", doesn't change the fact.

If this guy didn't want the knowledge of his purchase to be public, he would have made an agreement with Mindark to keep it quiet.

If he didn't want people to know who he was, he probably shouldn't have posted publicly that he was looking to buy 460,000 peds worth of stuff at exactly the time when his profits could be easily calculated to that exact amount...

I think he cares about it less than you do.

If this guy didn't want the knowledge of his purchase to be public, he would have made an agreement with Mindark to keep it quiet.

And how do you know he didn't? Something like "You can use it for marketing or so but leave my name out of it"?

Anyways, you gonna keep calling Grandmaster a liar without proof? Because that is also morally wrong in my opinion :rolleyes:

Oh well, gonna leave this discussion now, there really is no point to it anyways.

And how do you know he didn't? Something like "You can use it for marketing or so but leave my name out of it"?

Anyways, you gonna keep calling Grandmaster a liar without proof? Because that is also morally wrong in my opinion :rolleyes:

Oh well, gonna leave this discussion now, there really is no point to it anyways.

Interesting, how did I call anyone a liar? I said the guy who bought all those deeds could have done a much better job of keeping himself anonymous, if that was really his desire.

I certainly didn't call grandmaster a liar. Must be part of that moral code of yours to uncover "moral wrongs" wherever you travel.

Yes, a good point to leave the discussion.

And remember, public knowledge is public. The degree of which a society is free reflects how freely public knowledge can be accessed and discussed. The more dictatorial, the less available it is.

Interesting, how did I call anyone a liar?

Ah I know I said I was gonna leave this discussion but here are a few quotes from this thread that proves how you implied he is a liar (or disregarded some of the facts when arriving at your "knowledge"). Have fun.

Means no, I am not the guy.

If he didn't want people to know who he was, he probably shouldn't have posted publicly that he was looking to buy 460,000 peds worth of stuff at exactly the time when his profits could be easily calculated to that exact amount...

Ah I know I said I was gonna leave this discussion but here are a few quotes from this thread that proves how you implied he is a liar (or disregarded some of the facts when arriving at your "knowledge"). Have fun.

Ok, as I have just seen, he has denied being the purchaser. Thanks for the link. Sorry grandmaster, if I offended you.

My premise still stands, regardless.

awwww :(
you realize you just shortened this thread by at least a week right?

Well then, let me throw out a couple other possibilities-

Maybe Jan personally bought them with the money he makes off of you guys.

Maybe Marco bought them with money from his severance package.

Maybe MA convinced some high risk / high reward investment fund to buy them.

Maybe MA was embarrassed about how slowly they were selling, so they found money somewhere and bought them back themselves in order to drive up prices.

Maybe the banks that have been lending money to Greece decided that this is much lower risk.

Maybe Zuckerberg bought them with some of his IPO money.

Maybe I bought them with all the money I've been getting from loot this year. ...oh, no wait... That one's too far fetched for even the most insane lunatic to believe.

maybe I bought them....

yea, that's it! :yup:

Well then, let me throw out a couple other possibilities-

Maybe Jan personally bought them with the money he makes off of you guys.

Maybe Marco bought them with money from his severance package.

Maybe MA convinced some high risk / high reward investment fund to buy them.

Maybe MA was embarrassed about how slowly they were selling, so they found money somewhere and bought them back themselves in order to drive up prices.

Maybe the banks that have been lending money to Greece decided that this is much lower risk.

Maybe Zuckerberg bought them with some of his IPO money.

Maybe I bought them with all the money I've been getting from loot this year. ...oh, no wait... That one's too far fetched for even the most insane lunatic to believe.

Thats why i find it ineteresting and mandatory to know who is the investor, but here i just made an assumption that hapens to be very logic. The value of ours opinion is not fixed but al opinions are valid, and none ridiculous.

Evry oprion u added on top means diefrent things to entropia:)

even if the "buyer" says he didnt biought it ihave a simetric way to respond " he did".
so all about this is speculation.

and ofc im not blaming him or anyone becouse of it.

If we talk about speculation, how sure are we that MA has always only earn from decay? Those ATH given to newb avatars, maybe MA created them?

Maybe he didn't buy them but is going to be the person working for the actual buyer to buy things to help keep the identity secret?:scratch2:

Maybe he didn't buy them but is going to be the person working for the actual buyer to buy things to help keep the identity secret?:scratch2:

hmm and the plot thinkens:confused:

Back