Help: 3/4 components looted from SEG - wtf?

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
As far as I know, there are 7 robot components in total in this event that have significant value
Code:
Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit 
Robot Dynocyclic Relay
Rare Robot Secret Transmitter
Robot Power Transformer
Robot Nanomodulator
Robot Magnetomic Throttle
Robot Speech Emulation Unit
AFAIK, 4 out of 7 (so 57%) were looted out of a SEG most likely (contraction, throttle, transmitter and nanomodulator).
  • How about the rest of us grinding robots other than SEG?
  • Is this related to the fact SEG is in a LA (favor to Deathifier)?
  • FFS, small SEGS is not even an event mob!

Last edited:
I guess you should switch to segs instead of The Eviscerator :laugh:

As far as I know, there are 7 robot components in total in this event that have significant value
Code:
Robot Dynocyclic Relay
Robot Power Transformer
Robot Nanomodulator
AFAIK, 3 out of 7 (so 42%) were looted out of a SEG most likely (contraction, throttle and transmitter), 4th unknown (speech Emulation unit) but could be a SEG as well based on the spawn.

fyi emulation was on wl7,i got the global sound on wl we just killed(shared lootarea) and at same time i heard hofsound of the guy that got the first discovery

Im raising a question, and this isn't the answer to my question.
Yea surely can go hunt SEGs but I am asking why the event is so unbalanced.
Always the same answer: adapt yourself to the game instead of trying to adapt the game for you.

"Why not" is the answer. If Ma wants you to hunt SEGs you should hunt SEGs or nothing. They were never good in balancing but in pulling cash out of our pockets. That's the game :laugh:

How do you know other robots does not drop the parts as well? That they happened to loot at least one of a few of the parts does not mean that the part can not be dropped by more than one type of robot. It also does not mean the other parts can not be dropped by others.

Code:
Robot Dynocyclic Relay
Robot Power Transformer
Robot Nanomodulator
AFAIK, 3 out of 7 (so 42%) were looted out of a SEG most likely (contraction, throttle and transmitter), 4th unknown (speech Emulation unit) but could be a SEG as well based on the spawn.

first of all..you are wrong. Only 1 was looted from seg..rest of 2 from wl7 and beacon. So this thread is pointless and extremly wrong. And on seg was shity helicopter:p. So actualy segs are poitnless to hunt in this event:pPP

Last edited:
hmm.
Adel looted one from SEG (Robot Magnetomic Throttle), focus looted banana (Contraction Unit) from SEG and the one for Secret Transmitter was from SEG.
There are 5 components looted, one from beacon and one from WL i just found out (though the looter initially said he wasn't sure).
Am I mussing something? Or youre... wrong?
first of all..you are wrong. Only 1 was looted from seg..rest of 2 from wl7 and beacon. So this thread is pointless and extremly wrong.

Youre right I dont know. I know bananas dropped from SEG before and they most likely still do. And 3/5 is a bit high, but yea could be all robots can drop them... Though I suspect not.
How do you know other robots does not drop the parts as well? That they happened to loot at least one of a few of the parts does not mean that the part can not be dropped by more than one type of robot. It also does not mean the other parts can not be dropped by others.

Youre right I dont know. I know bananas dropped from SEG before and they most likely still do. And 3/5 is a bit high, but yea could be all robots can drop them... Though I suspect not.

I'll tell you after I loot one of them :cool: heh

hmm.
Adel looted one from SEG (Robot Magnetomic Throttle), focus looted banana (Contraction Unit) from SEG and the one for Secret Transmitter was from SEG.
There are 5 components looted, one from beacon and one from WL i just found out (though the looter initially said he wasn't sure).
Am I mussing something? Or youre... wrong?

if is true..the 2 missing loots from segs..then anything can be looted from any mob in event. So has nothing to do with segs. Maybe is just hunted more. I personaly know one banana was from wl7...the m6600 was from beacon..and magnetic from seg.

if is true..the 2 missing loots from segs..then anything can be looted from any mob in event. So has nothing to do with segs. Maybe is just hunted more. I personaly know one banana was from wl7...the m6600 was from beacon..and magnetic from seg.

I personally know a banana also came from a SEG, just FYI

I personally know Chesty eats bananas for his breakfast.

i personaly looted few years ago a duble sized black banana..and maried with the thing.These days..i just enjoy it from time to time..becouse is a dangerous banana and make me make few more litle bananas:p:scratch2::scratch2::laugh::laugh:

Ok next one dropped from SEG. Robot Nanomodulator.
So 4 items out of 7 from SEG (Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit, Rare Robot Secret Transmitter, Robot Nanomodulator, Robot Magnetomic Throttle)
Anyone else thinks this is bullshit? Deathifier lobby?
If anyone is wondering, the reason I am pissed is because SEGs is not really an event mob even. They are always there (3 of the 4 parts were looted from small SEGs).

If anyone is wondering, the reason I am pissed is because SEGs is not really an event mob even.

Really? Why are they not?

From the official event spawn list provided by the Calypso Defense Force:
Zychion Citadel
Big Bulk, Warlock, Second Entity, Eviscerator, Warrior Exterminator, Warrior Commander, Mulciber

Really? Why are they not?

From the official event spawn list provided by the Calypso Defense Force:

what smilgs meant is that SMALL SEG isn't in the event.. the event only includes big segs 09 and 10... event has nothing to do with deathifiers LA

All rare parts can drop from several robots, none of the parts drop only from Second Entity. Several parts did indeed happen to get looted from SEG (discoveries in particular), but far from all.

Maybe because those chosen happened to be hunting segs so that's what they dropped from?

Ok next one dropped from SEG. Robot Nanomodulator.
So 4 items out of 7 from SEG (Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit, Rare Robot Secret Transmitter, Robot Nanomodulator, Robot Magnetomic Throttle)
Anyone else thinks this is bullshit? Deathifier lobby?
If anyone is wondering, the reason I am pissed is because SEGs is not really an event mob even. They are always there (3 of the 4 parts were looted from small SEGs).

Well all the 5-digit HoF's in less than 48-hours off of Hydra are pretty good I would say... you got your wish. Now all the other mobs are not doing so well.. we can't all have our cake and eat it too ;)

~Danimal

Thanks for clarification. The random generator is broken then :)
All rare parts can drop from several robots, none of the parts drop only from Second Entity. Several parts did indeed happen to get looted from SEG (discoveries in particular), but far from all.

Thanks for clarification. The random generator is broken then :)

no no, didn't you notice.. everyone is hunting seg's besides you :lolup:

Really? Which parts are dropping? I haven't heard of any of the rare parts being looted more than once. Has anyone?

As usually, we are asked to trust the "virtual gods".
Practically, my guess they screwed something up but will not admit to have done so - and we have no means to prove it as people who supposedly looted the parts aren't gonna make them public (I guess).
For myself, no components from the list, another great event for the most active hunter. -20k FTW!
Really? Which parts are dropping? I haven't heard of any of the rare parts being looted more than once. Has anyone?

Well all the 5-digit HoF's in less than 48-hours off of Hydra are pretty good I would say... you got your wish.~Danimal

Not to hijack this thread, but with actual experience I can assure you that average loot is closer to "horrible" than even "barely acceptable".

Losses on hydra is "slightly" more than the 10% losses some people may be used to. Try 60-95% losses before a "large one" hits - IF a "large one" hits. To call this "not gambling" would be like claiming your statement to a judge "but I only r-a-p-e-d her a little!" to be a valid defense.

I think smilgs has a point event items should only be looted from event mobs :wtg:

Actually I think this is good to show that it is actually random. If one piece dropped from one monster, then people would target monsters and change as soon as a part dropped. For example, during the SGA event, I was able to predict that the next uber armor part would drop from neconu, as one piece was being dropped from monsters with similar stats, one piece per monster type. The guy next to me in the same area (old neconu land area) got it.

This way, nobody knows what the next monster to drop will be, which is the way it should be.

Back