3 for 1 fom old times

baron topper

Old Alpha
Society
Danish Society
baron topper
3 for 1 from old times

this mail i got in December 2008. the following yer 2009 in the summer period. Mindark, wrote that the had never had so many players on-line during the December 2008, in there annual report.

if the did this for all of Entropia it might solve a problem or to for the moment.

"
Fra: Mindark Dato: 3/12/2008 17:36
Til: undisclosed-recipients:
Planet Calypso: 3 for 1 Skill Bonus
Trouble viewing this newsletter? Click here to read it on our Web site.

Entropia Universe Event

The Fight For Calypso
A dark shadow has fallen over the cities of Calypso: robot mother ships have appeared in the sky. Startled colonists have gathered watching the ominous steel hulks. Fear has spread through the colony as it scrambles to prepare for a fight.

3 Times as many Skill Points
Join the battle now and receive 3 times the normal skill experience gains between December 5th and 21st. Enlist today and help recover new robot technology that can give the colony an edge. Miners and crafters are needed to supply the troops on the front line.
The Government will reward colonists that can salvage all the pieces of new technology with 15 complete sets of Protector of the Empire armor.

Calypso needs you now!

Read all the latest reports from the battle: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/5085.html

Join the battle

Subscribe / Unsubscribe
This Newsletter is sent to the email address supplied in your Entropia Universe account application. There you have the option of selecting whether you wish to receive information from Mindark regarding the Entropia Universe.
If you don't want you receive further updates from Mindark, please login to your account and change your settings at www.entropiauniverse.com.

© Mindark PE AB. All rights reserved. footer logo
"

ore will it ?

ps the links may not work any more

Wish have 3x skilling now :)

Remember this event, was fun, me Esme and WL won a red banana :yay: and exchange it for a gun worth ~80K iirc it:cool:

Perhaps time to make e new thing like this MA:laugh:

I made so much progress, so fast... there was a 2x event not long after that as well... I gained about 30lvls in hunting 15 in crafting and mining over like 3 months lol...

Might be important to note that skill price went down a lot, just after these events.

I LOVED the 3x skill event! Though many high level players were upset because it DID kick down the skills Market considerably.

That being said.. a 3x skill event every 2 years or so I think would be "do-able".

Menace

Maybe not 3x, but 1.5-2x skill gain increase.
It would definitely increase activity.
Give players 1-2months notice and a follow up a week before, plaster the Client loader for Calypso (or perhaps every planet, a Universe wide event!) to make sure people know.
They could also tie in an advertising campaign, new players entering during a Skill Bonus Period, enticing them to play more and deposit to make the most of the skill gain bonus. The invested money would also keep them in game early on, no one wants to leave straight after investing money without giving themselves the chance of big returns.

Edit:
I LOVED the 3x skill event! Though many high level players were upset because it DID kick down the skills Market considerably.

I thought the reaction would have been opposite, especially for the players who find it cheaper to chip in skills for health than to hunt for the skill gains. Perhaps it was just the angry people chipping out without much thought who were pissed off. :dunno:

That being said.. a 3x skill event every 2 years or so I think would be "do-able".

Menace

I dont think these should be regular events, but I do like the idea of tossing one in every 2-10 years.

Why should they not be regular events?

Because then people will expect them on a time table, and the skills market will not have the ability to recover from the sudden injection of volume due to the expectation that another boost will happen within a finite period of time.

Yes, 10 years possibly is a long time to wait. That's the point.

Scanning robots with 3xskill bonus was fun (back in time).
Now its not even fun scanning a robot with 1xskill -_-

Back