4k Optimization

3-J

Prowler
Benevolent 3J Afterdark
I recently built a new PC, and bought new 4k monitors to go with it. Entropia is beautiful in 4k, and I can change the size of the chat/text/radar which is helpful, however there are a few more things that need to be optimized.

-There is no way to resize the status bar with your avatar health/buffs/ammo/ped balance, it is tiny.
-Icons on your desktop are too small.
-Loot text in upper left is too small.
-Map is too small, and doesn't stay in largest size when changed.
-Mob health bar is too small.
-Inventory/friends list/auction is tiny

If there was simply a "4k big mode" setting that made all text and icons and HUD items super large that would probably fix the problem, rather than adding individual resize options for everything.

I tested 4k mode using upscaling on my old 23inch, and i know what you mean, its tiny but 23inch is too small for 4k imo anyway. If MA could add scaling like windows it would be fine, simple slider from 75%-150%.

I ended up with a 29in 21:9 monitor and eu looks great as all the menus are pushed to the sides and out of the play area.

I am on a 27 inch 4k LG screen (LG 27UD88), everything looks great on full screen, except as you stated, some of the icons, lol.

UI scaling will help.

Anyway I run the game on a window most of the time, so I don't encounter the issue as usually. It will be nice if it can run fine on full screen on a 4k monitor.

They mentioned doing something for VR, maybe they should make it fully 4k capable first, cos 4k is more commonly used then VR currently.

On my 15 inch 4k laptop, it's impossible to see most of the UI on full screen, lol. Maybe I will need a magnifying glass.....

i'm running it sometimes on my big tv (no 4k) and the texts are difficult to read

I tested 4k mode using upscaling on my old 23inch, and i know what you mean, its tiny but 23inch is too small for 4k imo anyway. If MA could add scaling like windows it would be fine, simple slider from 75%-150%.

I ended up with a 29in 21:9 monitor and eu looks great as all the menus are pushed to the sides and out of the play area.
21:9 with EU rules. Such epicness doesn't exist with 4k.

All the menus are way over the side indeed, and nothing blocking your view.
The only downside is if you keep your healthbar too far to the side, then you may miss out that your health is low and end up dying, ofc the simple fix is to move it a bit closer to the middle and voila, epicness! :ahh:

Back