5 Good Reasons why YOU should participate in this years WoF !!!

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
Ok this years WoF seems to struggle a bit... A lot of people have decided not to take part this year because they are upset with the cost of playing at the event...

I agree that cost is definitely a -ive point here... however !!!

The WoF needs you !!! And here are 5 good reasons to take part in it !!!

1) The WoF allows you to make new friends, meet new people and extend your FL list. EU is all about having a good network. That's part of the fun !!!

2) The WoF bringes back some excitement into hunting... even if the cost/loot ratio is a bugger, it's fun to hunt in teams and to try to global together. You can swear, bitch and moan together ;)

3) The WoF allows Medium skilled players to participate in hunting big mobs! You will be surprised what you can take down in a 6 Man team if you work together even if everybody is only medium skilled.

4) The WoF will make you discover mobs and locations you usually hadly ever deal with normally... unless you hunt "everythign" and "everywhere" daily...

5) Only if you participate in the WoF Team Amethera, will you be able to truly assure the self governance of the calypsian people on Amethera... F*** earth and earthly nations... WE ARE FREE !!!

Team Amethera will probably also take part in PVP Fort Events in the Future... join our ranks Soldier !!!

Enroll here .... we still need Hunters !!!! Many many hunters !!! Both Main team and Support !!!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203058-WOF-2011-Team-AMETHERA

sigpic20824_2.gif

all great points. except 5, not sure about that one ;) fight for the English colony on Calypso!

Gratz

oh wait.. why is there a gratz button there :D

Im not gonna be around for WoF, but this looks like a good thread. WoF Rocks, join this team if you want to try it all out, it is loads of fun :)

all great points. except 5, not sure about that one ;) fight for the Aussie colony on Calypso!​

I thought point 5 was the best argument actually :silly2:

:wtg:

On a serious note... WoF needs you all to make it a great event !!!

See link above ;)

Ok this years WoF seems to struggle a bit... A lot of people have decided not to take part this year because they are upset with the cost of playing at the event...

Good to see you managed to negotiate your doubts :cool:

Maybe I can add another reason to take part this year:
Some strong teams missed their chance to sign in this year: USA and Russia come to my mind. Although one of them will win the Mini Qualifier at the end of March we all will have two mighty enemies less.

My reason to support WOF

For ammo and decay only..

Cold hard PEDS, and I'll be your happy mercenary WOF supporter. :yup:

6) Withness the complete annihilation of all opponents by the BeNeLux team!

Noone will be able to stop us this time :yay:

All great points. except 5, not sure about that one ;) fight for the Welsh colony on Calypso!

6) Withness the complete annihilation of all opponents by the BeNeLux team!

Noone will be able to stop us this time :yay:

Let's have a deeper look into this issue next weeks :)
Greetings from Team DACH :D

Great post AJack:) May we meet in finals and continue the epic battle between Team Amethera and Team Eudoria !!!

PS. And if you meet any Eudorians - tell them that their home needs them ;)

Horadrim

Let's set a challenge!

I live at Eudoria (Medusa's Head) but I usually hunt at Amethera at Manu's LA40 "Atrox Valley". My RL ava is from Germany ... I am member of "Team DACH". I am an Elite Swordsman. What do you think I should take part at next WoF, eh?

Let's set a challenge!

I live at Eudoria (Medusa's Head) but I usually hunt at Amethera at Manu's LA40 "Atrox Valley". My RL ava is from Germany ... I am member of "Team DACH". I am an Elite Swordsman. What do you think I should take part at next WoF, eh?

I am a multinational guy IRL myself(von Zeit zu Zeit arbeite und lebe ich auch in Deutschland;)) and its simple :)
1. When Team DACH hunts you hunt with them
2. When Team DACH has a break and either Eudoria or Amethera hunt - you support them
3. If Eudoria and Amethera hunt at the same time you will judge

any questions? :)

PS. Eudoria has at last one swordsman too :yup:
Horadrim

1) The WoF allows you to make new friends, meet new people and extend your FL list. EU is all about having a good network. That's part of the fun !!!

2) The WoF bringes back some excitement into hunting... even if the cost/loot ratio is a bugger, it's fun to hunt in teams and to try to global together. You can swear, bitch and moan together ;)

3) The WoF allows Medium skilled players to participate in hunting big mobs! You will be surprised what you can take down in a 6 Man team if you work together even if everybody is only medium skilled.

4) The WoF will make you discover mobs and locations you usually hadly ever deal with normally... unless you hunt "everythign" and "everywhere" daily...

5) Only if you participate in the WoF Team Amethera, will you be able to truly assure the self governance of the calypsian people on Amethera... F*** earth and earthly nations... WE ARE FREE !!!

Team Amethera will probably also take part in PVP Fort Events in the Future... join our ranks Soldier !!!

Enroll here .... we still need Hunters !!!! Many many hunters !!! Both Main team and Support !!!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203058-WOF-2011-Team-AMETHERA

sigpic20824_2.gif

As a former part of and now infamous traitor to Team Amethera i can absolutely second what Jack said! But i think there are more than 5 good reasons, at least 5 more than Jack posted here:

6. WoF shows you not only one way to hunt, it shows you the only working way to hunt! For example WoF Team Amethera will soon find out how WoF Team USA felt last year, when WoF Team DACH hit the bonusmob snablesnot 40 minutes before them and thus not only got the 25 extra point for that global but also completing the sweepbonus for an extra uh 75 or 100 points. Yes we lost that final, but those 40 minutes were amongst the best in my EU career. Just wanted to point out that is was not one of our highskilled killing machines, who almost made us win, but one of our well-bribed lower skilled players with TT weapons. Of course we do not want Team Amethera to "get the snable" in the last 20minutes or so, but they should know that we will be well prepared and looking forward to have a serious buffer of points in case they get a lucky kill on a legionaire and MA is in wellfare-mood.

7. Point 6 directly brings us to point 7. WoF teaches the knowledge of when to start the shittalking and when to keep your mouth shut. As well as the knowledge when to hijack a thread of a-jack, as this one who is the captain of Team Amethera, and when not. Especially when you keep your mouth shut and play the silent chessmaster that you are in RL, you may get threatened with guns that do 1888points of damage or get called 'bad for franchise' or stuff like this, but you may find yourself screenshot these kinda statements, print them out and hang them next to your favorite Playmates above your bed!

8. WoF teaches you the difference between wearing funny hats in RL and kickass bragging jackets ingame. You know we germans sympathize with everyone who is wearing funny hats in RL. We do that in late february or early march on Karneval, the Irish people and even the Canadians wear this huge green hats just today, because its Saint Patricks Day. Team BeNeLux didnt seem to get the difference in the past and accused us german speaking players to wear funny hats ingame. Myth busted easy as it is, because soon you will see how much we look forward to wear those kickass bragging jackets ingame and keep the funny hats for real life entertainment purposes only. Ingame we usually wear helmets, so nobody can see that we have been totally drunk at the avatar creation.

9. WoF teaches you to know your opponent. Especially when you plan to quit your old lamo team thats called after some virtual wannabe continent not much bigger than my garden and join WoF Team DACH, a uttermost splendid Team that not only knows how to write Bier right but also how to brew it. Team Amethera should never forget that their lack of competence was the reason for me to leave and found WoF Team DACH! I know this sounds harsh and goes deep and is not the usual Guertellinientreue [a quickly made up Kofferwort to decribe the situation, btw. a Kofferwort is something like 'bromance' consiting of two words brother and romance]... i am known for, but its a fact!

10. WoF teaches laughing! Yes thats right! Usually WoF is supposed to teach laughing about single countries only, but all the recent mergers help to expand the areas you can laugh at immensely. But thats not all! WoF Team DACH is looking forward to laugh at a whole continent soon, even though its just a virtual one and not much bigger than my garden.

so you see, there are plenty of reasons to play WoF on more continents, countries and mergers, not only those that are just slightly bigger than my garden!

So I can shoot my peds and possibly win someone else a prize? Sounds fantastic!

As a former part of and now infamous traitor to Team Amethera i can absolutely second what Jack said! But i think there are more than 5 good reasons, at least 5 more than Jack posted here:

I think that I need to comment on the 6 other points here which I see have some serious flaws :silly2:

6. WoF shows you not only one way to hunt, it shows you the only working way to hunt! For example WoF Team Amethera will soon find out how WoF Team USA felt last year, when WoF Team DACH hit the bonusmob snablesnot 40 minutes before them and thus not only got the 25 extra point for that global but also completing the sweepbonus for an extra uh 75 or 100 points. Yes we lost that final, but those 40 minutes were amongst the best in my EU career. Just wanted to point out that is was not one of our highskilled killing machines, who almost made us win, but one of our well-bribed lower skilled players with TT weapons. Of course we do not want Team Amethera to "get the snable" in the last 20minutes or so, but they should know that we will be well prepared and looking forward to have a serious buffer of points in case they get a lucky kill on a legionaire and MA is in wellfare-mood.

Unfortunately for you, you don't know that Team Amethera has been getting sweepbonus points as well before in WoF... we even globalled on pupugi... u try that ! :silly2:

7. Point 6 directly brings us to point 7. WoF teaches the knowledge of when to start the shittalking and when to keep your mouth shut. As well as the knowledge when to hijack a thread of a-jack, as this one who is the captain of Team Amethera, and when not. Especially when you keep your mouth shut and play the silent chessmaster that you are in RL, you may get threatened with guns that do 1888points of damage or get called 'bad for franchise' or stuff like this, but you may find yourself screenshot these kinda statements, print them out and hang them next to your favorite Playmates above your bed!

You clearly still need to work on point 7 ;) SHUT UP :silly2:

8. WoF teaches you the difference between wearing funny hats in RL and kickass bragging jackets ingame. You know we germans sympathize with everyone who is wearing funny hats in RL. We do that in late february or early march on Karneval, the Irish people and even the Canadians wear this huge green hats just today, because its Saint Patricks Day. Team BeNeLux didnt seem to get the difference in the past and accused us german speaking players to wear funny hats ingame. Myth busted easy as it is, because soon you will see how much we look forward to wear those kickass bragging jackets ingame and keep the funny hats for real life entertainment purposes only. Ingame we usually wear helmets, so nobody can see that we have been totally drunk at the avatar creation.

u so lost me... is that the famous german humour ?

9. WoF teaches you to know your opponent. Especially when you plan to quit your old lamo team thats called after some virtual wannabe continent not much bigger than my garden and join WoF Team DACH, a uttermost splendid Team that not only knows how to write Bier right but also how to brew it. Team Amethera should never forget that their lack of competence was the reason for me to leave and found WoF Team DACH! I know this sounds harsh and goes deep and is not the usual Guertellinientreue [a quickly made up Kofferwort to decribe the situation, btw. a Kofferwort is something like 'bromance' consiting of two words brother and romance]... i am known for, but its a fact!

1) I was not leading this team when it was in shambles...
2) Instead of defecting and being a traitor to your new home, you should have taken over leadership... what a pussy way of dealing with problems is runnign away ?

10. WoF teaches laughing! Yes thats right! Usually WoF is supposed to teach laughing about single countries only, but all the recent mergers help to expand the areas you can laugh at immensely. But thats not all! WoF Team DACH is looking forward to laugh at a whole continent soon, even though its just a virtual one and not much bigger than my garden.

so you see, there are plenty of reasons to play WoF on more continents, countries and mergers, not only those that are just slightly bigger than my garden!

I partly agree on this point...

some of it I dont' understand... I think it comes from google translate ;)

The loughing part I share with you ;) The WoF is a great place to lough and to have fun and especially

DON'T TAKE IT SO DAMN SERIOUS, WE ARE ALL JOKING AND IT'S A GAME :silly2::silly2:

:wtg::wtg:

:tongue2:

Last edited:
answers to your comments:

...yeah and we hofed on Dasp Stalkers, you try that!
...you dont have favorite playmates huh?
...yes lost you there, this was a thing between the OJs and us!
...sometimes running away and comming back stronger is the best option! So this is what i did. Same year i saw the fight between Sweden, US and Romania in Dome 17 and analyzed it, and i knew with those 5-10 active players i wasnt able to compete even with the weakest of these three teams. A few months later it was more like a mindfart idea to ask in the german forums a simple question and it was: "WoF...?"After 48hours i had 48 replies :rolleyes:
...HAHAHAHA... YEAH... HAHA.. HEHE... RIGHT!

1. Kick Azz! :nutkick:
2. Take names! :proof:
3. Post them in threads to brag! :computer:
4. Brag some more! :nana:
5. And most important Wear the Jacket Proudly :king:

Naa just poking some fun, great event and had a blast at every fight fought over the years. I still say great job in 2010 to all and I have to say I see a new champ emerging this year :wise:

Back