64 bit problems

KaraSuperG

Hatchling
Hello not sure where to put this post but if anyone can help please do.

Since I built my new pc a year ago I have not been able to launch entropia in 64bit.
I can launch it in 32bit however the game will crash in a few hours or less due to 32bit being only able to access 2gb of ram.
My drivers are all up to date video card, cpu , windows updates included and oddly enough the game will not open in safemode 64bit ether.
Have tried reinstalling the game several times including downloading a fresh install file from the entropia website along with doing several file checks threw the client loader.
Have tried older video drivers and have all required direct x/microsoft visual c++ versions installed.
Have even tried fresh windows 10 pro installs with all drivers and windows updates and all required direct x/microsoft visual c++ versions installed and still will not launch in 64bit
Have tried disabling firewall completely and allowing all of the entropia launch files threw the fire wall and even turned off virus protection and still no 64bit launch.
Have opened the suggested ports to open for entropia in my firewall.
Have tried launching pc in safemode and game will not launch 64bit.
Have tried setting nvidia control panel setting openGL rendering GPU to my videocard and still cant luanch in 64bit.
Have tried running/ setting entropia and all the entropia launch files to administrator still no 64bit launch.
Through all of these test to get the game to launch in 64 bit i have tried launching the game in 64bit safemode aswell and this will also never open.
And thoughout this whole process I have always been able to launch the game in 32bit without issue. (again the problem is that 32bit will crash within a few hours or less.)

I have put in a support ticket with entropia support before but they just told me to check the updates/news to see if they fixed the problem and then they closed the ticket. As if it isnt some silly problem with my pc and like I want to hope for a fix someday when its probably already been solved by someone else.

My pc is

motherboard: ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II
videocard: Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080ti zotac
Ram: 64gb of 8x8gb DDR4-2133 (1066mhz ) G.skill
Processor: Intel core I9-10980xe
power supply: Corsair rm1000x

monitor
oddesy g9

all peripherals are razer

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time :)

You certainly have decent hardware...
I play on laptop with intel 1165g7, XE IGP graphics, on top of that in linux, and all works great here.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I can't immediately really see any issues.

nice build

No idea about your 64 bit issue, but go into your bios and enable XMP. Your RAM should be running a lot faster than that.

Also, do other games work just fine?

Last edited:
Enabled XMP. I think it must have went back to default when I did a bios update awhile back but never noticed.
Thanks for that ^^. This did not fix the issue sadly and tho I really wanted to avoid upgrading I have now upgraded to windows 11 and this also did not fix the issue sadly.
I'm really at a loss what to try now.
/cry

Any suggestions appreciated too.

Entropia is the only game I have not been able to launch in 64bit. The only issues I've had in an other game was emperyion galatic survival I get low fps for some reason and have yet to figure that out but it is a indy game and not very well optimized so idk if its my pc or the game. I have wonders if my monitor being ultra-wide may be a bit of a strain on my 3080ti but idk really it should handle it fine.

Are there any error messages when you try and load the game?

No I click the green launch button and in task manager I can see it trying to open but almost immediately it crashes with no crash report. The game window doesn't even get a chance to open before the task closes.

Perhaps its some other software you are running that is causing the issue e.g. MA do checks to see if you are running any memory management software if you are then it won't allow you to launch the game. Just an idea, to explore...

The only memory management I know of on my pc is the bios.
I really don't have much running. Nvidia geforce , discord, battlenet launcher, steam launcher, runescape launcher, razer centeral, epic games launcher.
That's petty much it.
I can launch the game in 32bit so I don't think your on the right path.
Also I have done a fresh install with only entropia and the required drivers and updates n such and it still wouldn't launch in 64bit but 32bit will.
I do appreciate your thoughts on this.

Did you ever get this resolved? I have almost the exact same setup as you and have the same issue. Does not load the 64 Bit Client but loads in 32 Bit no problem. The problem with 32 bit is when I get to a crowded area or certain shops with a lot of stuff in them, the game crashes saying I don't have enough RAM.

I would try and close all the other game launchers, steam epik and so on their anti cheat might interfer

If it work in that environment then you got something that prevent EU to run within your normal windows install.
If it still doesnt work, it mean somehow there a bit of hardware and/or software confusion that interfere.

VM usually are not able to rin games due to lack of driver support. Thanks nvidia. Unless you got a professional gpu like tesla series. Or a second dedicaded gpu that you pass through to the vm.

Back