7 CLDs sold for 1400ped, instead of 9800ped

Won't help really because after a short while people will click through any amount of warnings without even thinking. As if 2 warnings during a pvp trade help much.

You wouldn't get a warning most of the time, just when something is very unusual. Of course you would automatically click thru them if you got the warning every time.

How I see it that you tried to "scam" the buyer thinking someone made a order for 7CLD at 14k peds! You thought of easy money instead you got f*cked by your greed!

he saw that someone wanted 7 cld for 14000 he was in a hurry thinking he was making a good profit selling them for 2 k each but the mistake was probly it was 1400 instead of 14 000

it that or he bad in math

Hey Serica, there was an order for 7 CLDs at +1400, i used the BO function and misstakenly forgot one 0.

If you had put the buyout in at 14000, you wouldn't have sold to the order, you'd have just placed an auction of your deeds at 2000/deed... which wouldn't have sold.

Still a better situation than what you ended up with ofc, but shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the auction process rather than a simple mis-click, as you wouldn't have achieved your intention of selling to the order.

Now that's clear though, I'll edit the thread title.

he saw that someone wanted 7 cld for 14000 he was in a hurry thinking he was making a good profit selling them for 2 k each but the mistake was probly it was 1400 instead of 14 000

it that or he bad in math

Thats what ive been saying to everyone. Whats wrong with some of you people

Edit: Thanks Serice, got it. And im happy, less loss.
Only 30 left now people, i would like to point out one Avatar that has helped me in this process during the last days, rep him up.

Eon Neo Neon
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?37245-EonNeoNeon

PM for the items, cant remember but i also have a t6-7 Imp Cast Blade 7 100attacks a min, poor but enhansable/ ambable after a while..

Last edited:
How I see it that you tried to "scam" the buyer thinking someone made a order for 7CLD at 14k peds! You thought of easy money instead you got f*cked by your greed!

ouch and from a DoA member too

ill respond to reduce my own greed a little with this awsome song for you all!

Thanks Serica for the explanation, at first while reading through, I understood the OP misclicking (so he was selling for way below the order price).

Now I understand that the OP actually filled the order correctly. Thus, technically, there actually is no "misclick / mechanical error", but rather a misunderstanding of how auction works.

I was going to originally post a hopeful post and totally disagree with the first posters who stated that the buyer wouldn't pay the appropriate amount of peds. I was going to state that recently, a lot of good people who made mistakes were helped out and reimbursed (see the reversed auctions, and also the guy whose baby dropped his gun and had it returned to him).

However, now I sort of realize this scenario is different. The person who put an order for 7 CLDs for 1400 probably wanted this mistake to happen. It seems sort of intentional.

There's still hope though, maybe they'll change their mind and heart.

Thanks Serica for the explanation, at first while reading through, I understood the OP misclicking (so he was selling for way below the order price).

Now I understand that the OP actually filled the order correctly. Thus, technically, there actually is no "misclick / mechanical error", but rather a misunderstanding of how auction works.

I was going to originally post a hopeful post and totally disagree with the first posters who stated that the buyer wouldn't pay the appropriate amount of peds. I was going to state that recently, a lot of good people who made mistakes were helped out and reimbursed (see the reversed auctions, and also the guy whose baby dropped his gun and had it returned to him).

However, now I sort of realize this scenario is different. The person who put an order for 7 CLDs for 1400 probably wanted this mistake to happen. It seems sort of intentional.

There's still hope though, maybe they'll change their mind and heart.

No, the person placing the order did so at 1400ped/cld - and Pollus was happy to accept that price.
No issue there, and the person placing the order has done nothing wrong.

However, in trying to fill the order, Pollus entered 1400ped - the price for one CLD - when he was actually trying to sell 7 of them.
He should have entered the total price which was 7 x 1400 = 9800ped.

However, Pollus has said that it was a misclik on his part - he intended to enter 14000ped, not 1400ped - which confuses the issue somewhat as this would have been well over the order price of 1400/cld.

Have to add that this couldn't have happened with the old, % system, because you'd clearly see that your stack forms a smaller MU than you expect. One more argument against this odd change.

I think Pollus's error is actually really easy to make. It's not the new system's fault, I like the TT+ for CLDs, it makes it easier and prevents lots of errors.

I don't have any CLDs, so I can't do a test, but.... when you put a stack of CLDs in the offer window, and set the price, does it say TT+X for the mu? And does it adjust for the amount of CLDs? For example: if you put 1 cld in the window, and you do 1400, it should say TT+1400 for the mu, but if you have a two CLD stack, and you put it in the window, and do 2800, does it say TT+2800 or TT+1400?

If it says TT+2800 for a two-CLD stack, then yeah Pollus's mistake is really really easy to make. It's counter-intuitive to the items that have %mu and how we handle them in auction.

7 CLDs for TT+1400, your instincts wouldn't be to do TT+9800, you would want to match it with TT+1400 or TT+1399, just like you'd match the %mu orders.

So had you sold your 7 CLD for 14k ped, would you of made a thread to get in contact with the buyer to give him back his 4200ped?

So had you sold your 7 CLD for 14k ped, would you of made a thread to get in contact with the buyer to give him back his 4200ped?

Hey all, no more clds to sell. only skills and equip. Got 193k out some days ago so the countdown has begun. It will translate to approx 120.000NOK here, wich will help me and the kids now.

I got an answer from support, the Order`ers name cannot be revealed due to MAs Privacy Policy.

In terms of if id give peds back, i still dont get what the fuzz is about. If id acctually entered the zero in addition, id get no sales and i would have realized the issue. As stated im happy the loss was at 10k. The Orderer has not come forward yet.

Back