8K Bery - MA serioulsy? What is this shit?

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
Gratz to whoever looted that, seriously
But what the hell.

Number one hof is that mob... I'd be fine with an 800-1k ped Bery, but 8k??? That makes no sense.
This game ... I don't even have words for the state of it anymore.

Everyday I go - "lets see the noob hof of the day" and everyday there is some "noob" mob that is in the top 20.

Loot 2.1 I guess, or whatever.

You don't have words for the game any more?

You do realize the game has been like this since it first started gaining popularity. Just have a look at EL top HoF's.. this is quite literally par for the course in terms of loots just as it always has been.

That's not even in the top 5 biggest Bery loots. Either you're ignorant to the facts, or you just enjoy complaining about non issues.

You do realize the game has been like this since it first started gaining popularity. Just have a look at EL top HoF's.. this is quite literally par for the course in terms of loots just as it always has been.

That's not even in the top 5 biggest Bery loots. Either you're ignorant to the facts, or you just enjoy complaining about non issues.

I for one embrace these low level Uber’s , reminds me of when I first started playing EU
And is also a good motivator for newcomers to inject more into the economy however they may do :)
Keep me coming I say

My little bit of hunting suggests the little mobs have greater variance. You hit a ton of minis and smaller globals on 5-6 ped mobs than you do on 2 ped mobs.. this is probably why they’re hitting so high.. maybe MA thinks the low kill cost will balance the variance via high kill turnover

Idk could be way off, but some of these smaller mobs seem to be reckless AF to hunt.

You wouldn't have problems with it if that was you. And I don't have problems with it because it might be me someday.

To the replies so far: this isn't how it has ALWAYS been. I know there are big berys in history, it's just the volatile loot from MA. they get rid of big loots from these mobs.. people went on rants about max multipliers.
Now they are back. You mean when you saw that as number one hof your reaction was "hummph oh that's interesting." Well mine was "8k bery! wtf"

I think I also said it in my original post- I'm not jealous, I'm super glad someone got a nice loot! I was hunting berys most recently before migration as a lower end mob for me to do cheaper.

I just had to post about it, because I doubted the looter would post in the Uber section, and wanted to hear other's reactions.

My little bit of hunting suggests the little mobs have greater variance. You hit a ton of minis and smaller globals on 5-6 ped mobs than you do on 2 ped mobs.. this is probably why they’re hitting so high.. maybe MA thinks the low kill cost will balance the variance via high kill turnover

Idk could be way off, but some of these smaller mobs seem to be reckless AF to hunt.

Not at all to be honest. I would say hunting bigger mobs is more reckless as you have to put a huge amount of PED on the line over a long period in hopes you'll get that magical 90%+ return.

I did 10k Molisk not too long ago with very few globals but my average 500ped cycle was above 90%..even one 50 ped global and it was a profit run.

Small mobs are actually quite forgiving these days.

Mindark is tell you its okay to be a noob again:)
Embrace the sweat, collect some fruits and with the profitz shoot some kerbies maybe you hit that 7k for a quick withdraw :)
Make Entropia great again and bring in some more noobs

It was on a Bery Stalker––basically the same 5000× Mult as we saw it happen frequently now on Kerb Doms and Alphas. Just check HPs of mobs.
So, nothing new, really. (Since L00t 2.0, that is.)
:dunno:

It was on a Bery Stalker––basically the same 5000× Mult as we saw it happen frequently now on Kerb Doms and Alphas. Just check HPs of mobs.
So, nothing new, really. (Since L00t 2.0, that is.)
:dunno:

People really need to stop using "loot 2.0" as a buzzword.

Huge loots on small mobs have been a thing in EU longer than they haven't. I can't say much for the last few years as I haven't been around but I imagine it didn't change for long.

Don't take my word for it, take 5 minutes and go look at EL and compare big loots to time. I guarantee you'll find massive loots on small mobs all the way back from 2008 when it started being tracked.

I remember a time when Daikiba and Argo's were hitting close to 10k almost every single day.

To the replies so far: this isn't how it has ALWAYS been. I know there are big berys in history, it's just the volatile loot from MA. they get rid of big loots from these mobs.. people went on rants about max multipliers.
Now they are back. You mean when you saw that as number one hof your reaction was "hummph oh that's interesting." Well mine was "8k bery! wtf"

Not sure what your issue is, but I myself that it was cool. Yes MA opened up the small mobs again a while ago and I hope they keep it up. Caps on mobs sucked big time.

This thread is kinda funny. This is what this forum wanted for as long as i have been playing... people wanted the big hits back. Well, to pay for it, there has to be bigger variance.

People like me said you didnt know what you were asking for... now you got it... and now the complaints roll in.

Mindark is tell you its okay to be a noob again:)
Embrace the sweat, collect some fruits and with the profitz shoot some kerbies maybe you hit that 7k for a quick withdraw :)
Make Entropia great again and bring in some more noobs

I was getting pretty frustrated with higher end mobs, I'm actually having pretty good results with my mod merc and small mobs, doing longu mission now for grins :handgun: :laugh:

In 2003-4ish, a guy hit 15k oil right outside town up on that sandy north-western peninsula...corinth?
He'd grabbed a finder, 50 probes and just left town. He was about four hours into the game, I think.
As I recall it, we chatted about the atroxes kill-stealing our sabakumas and had a pleasant time.

EDIT Okok, it's not exactly the same in any way but still, small input, big and random gain.
That it's been a decade since random, big loot on anything smaller hp than a spider and that this now apparently changed is a good thing.

This thread is kinda funny. This is what this forum wanted for as long as i have been playing... people wanted the big hits back. Well, to pay for it, there has to be bigger variance.

People like me said you didnt know what you were asking for... now you got it... and now the complaints roll in.

This. Yet despite of it, it's hard to deny that there are two souls in a chest. Great that this is possible (again), but knowing that somebody (a majority) has to pay for it. If the losing majority is discouraged and deposits less, or people even leave in droves over individual cost to play, then it is not sustainable. This summer they stated explicitly that they wanted to reduce this cost, alas it hasn't happened for everybody. Collective interests and individual interests are contrary to each other, which is why there will be always complaints either way.

This. Yet despite of it, it's hard to deny that there are two souls in a chest. Great that this is possible (again), but knowing that somebody (a majority) has to pay for it. If the losing majority is discouraged and deposits less, or people even leave in droves over individual cost to play, then it is not sustainable. This summer they stated explicitly that they wanted to reduce this cost, alas it hasn't happened for everybody. Collective interests and individual interests are contrary to each other, which is why there will be always complaints either way.

My guess is people have learned for years and years and now need to unlearn. I recall being +100 ped on a 200 ped run on atrax young. +100 ped up on a 250 ped probe when that other continent was new, dodging those fast seal thingies.

It's still not the same as it was because mob hp just about doubled as did mob regen. Everything you loot seems to be L. Noone socializes much, the place seems big n empty. Oh, and you can no longer buy any guns from that umbra mining camp.

The way rarity changed? In 2004, you had to put in tt+120 ped for an imk2.

its not necissarily true that you have to pay for those big hits to happen... at least not the way it is now.
when you take a look at the loot right now then you see a lot less minis (above 20x multi) and a lot more 300x multis as well as 1kx multis and up. if you switch around a bit with the chances of each of these to happen then you could make a lot less 300x multis (as those have no big value anyway with that low returns) so just make 300x a lot less regular, and change it from 1-3 3kx multis a day (approx when looking at hof board) and change it to 3-5 a week. this is still enough to encourage noobs as they still see these things regular but the remaining peds you freed gets you close to the 95-98% tt return on any run with decent size (like it was before). its all about the ratio between these odds.
the problem is MA strives to go from one extreme to the other without trying to figure out a good working middleway.

People really need to stop using "loot 2.0" as a buzzword.

Huge loots on small mobs have been a thing in EU longer than they haven't. I can't say much for the last few years as I haven't been around but I imagine it didn't change for long.

Don't take my word for it, take 5 minutes and go look at EL and compare big loots to time. I guarantee you'll find massive loots on small mobs all the way back from 2008 when it started being tracked.

I remember a time when Daikiba and Argo's were hitting close to 10k almost every single day.

This is not completely true.

Yes, in the old days there were many noob mob hofs. 1K daiks were very common.
BUT, it was very uncommon for a noob hoof to be in the top 5.
Because the top 5 in those days were all 20k+ hofs. The entire hof list was much higher.

Thats said, now after loot 2.1 (not 2.0) the noob hofs drastically increased again:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?300164-Did-the-old-times-return

Now you have a near daily noob mob which stands in the top 3!

This for sure is differently as in the past.

Yes, now you can hof again on small mobs after many years, but in contrary to the past the uber hofs on bigger mobs are far fewer.

(Crap) You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atomicstorm again.

mate u nailed it, this is what people have cried about, now you got it.

MA need to stop to listen to forum, its impossible to get everyone happy, and by the time the unhappy people get what they wanted they mostly already quit, making new unhappy people and they quit too. :laugh:

(Crap) You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atomicstorm again.

mate u nailed it, this is what people have cried about, now you got it.

MA need to stop to listen to forum, its impossible to get everyone happy, and by the time the unhappy people get what they wanted they mostly already quit, making new unhappy people and they quit too. :laugh:

Yupp if variance is too low the most efficient hunters migth get over 100% TT long term and we all know how horrid forums think that is.
Your dinner is served now eat up.

Last edited:
I think it is great.

This opens for more new players to join in hope of getting lucky.
Ofc. I assume the same possibility of multiplier are applied to all mobs. (No Caps)
Imagine the sweet SandKing ATH!!!! :eyecrazy:

As an old player it's nice to see something like this drop again and big gratz to whoever it was who got it... now all they have to do is give this real cash game an economy again :cough:explosives:cough:

Gratz to whoever looted that, seriously
But what the hell.

Number one hof is that mob... I'd be fine with an 800-1k ped Bery, but 8k??? That makes no sense.
This game ... I don't even have words for the state of it anymore.

Everyday I go - "lets see the noob hof of the day" and everyday there is some "noob" mob that is in the top 20.

Loot 2.1 I guess, or whatever.

You would not complain if you hit that!

I like such high loots.
When I started you could see 4 digits loots on smallest mobs regularly.
Well back that days smallest mobs was hunted a lot more than these days.
I remember Atlas Islands with only small mobs (Exa,Daiki,Snables) was covered by 20+ hunters all day. Spawn rate was awesome and a lot of fun hunting there with Opalo.
Same for the old sweat camp north of PA, always a lot of hunters on the small Combibos and very intense spawn rate, much more than you can see today at the Combibo Island south of Nymphtown these days.

Knowing that this small mobs could drop 4 digits, made people stay and hunt intensive.

I would be very very happy if MA would change the loot curve to how it was in the old days.
ATHs on mobs that cost less than 30 PED to kill how we had that in old days is much more motivating than nowing that all good loots is only in mobs you can´t afford to hunt how it was last few years.

Guess why I am do nearly no hunting anymore compared to my starting days?
The big mobs is to expencive for my vallet and the small mobs have no chance to hit big with items, so why should I hunt these days?
Same for crafting, no globals on standart components (4-20 pec/click) anymore, beside the fact that crafting components for residue is obsolete, as Explo BPs flooded the residue market making it less than 101%. Well that fact has some advantages aswell, but that is another discussion we already have had several times on this forum.

So if MA changed it back, and we can have real big loots on lowish mobs/BPs again, then I will be back cycling much more PED than I did it last few years :)
Now lets see some unamped mining towers with F-101 planetside again (like old days) and we will be happy again.

I think it is just good, if also small creatures give hope to loot higher. But seriously, 8K is just a bit high for this creature. Beter split it up to 8 x 1k at several small creatures.

I think it is basicaly a good idea, if small creatures also loot high, but it should be balanced.

:wise::wise::wise:

I think it is great.

This opens for more new players to join in hope of getting lucky.
Ofc. I assume the same possibility of multiplier are applied to all mobs. (No Caps)
Imagine the sweet SandKing ATH!!!! :eyecrazy:

Cant agree more :)

The caps have been lifted. MA needs to entice more noobs into a lifetime of addiction.

Back to arggo valley we go!

The caps have been lifted. MA needs to entice more noobs into a lifetime of addiction.

Kerbs are the new Argo.

but for how long? No mention of cap removal from MA itself yet, so may be a short term thing to encourage more to deposit short term?

Back