A bit of fun ...

Or those with a talent for finding fruit

Fried Green Papplons at Omegaton West Cafe :)

Slap you need an adult title catagory...

Rock Hard - A Miners Tail
Insatiable - Hard times on CND
Operation Gloryhole
The Boorum and Miss Jones
Balls of Stone

Blackjack :cowboy:

Help me extract my ferrum nuts? ;)

For fans of horror films.

'Brainped'
'Land of the ped'
'The Evil Ped'
'Evil Ped 2'

Jet Li films:
'Once upon a time in Calypso and Amethera.'

For the people who hung around Camp Pheonix in the old days
'Mobtrainspotting'

Not gonna change this title :

The Shock Doctrine ;)

the next one may well be

The Art of War: or at least the Art of that hunt just there..... no not that hunt the one just a while back. No not that one the one I did a while back....

the next one for sure!!!!!!!!

I think the deadline for the contest was a few days ago. ;)

I wanna hear what the best title was. I read a lot of them, but not all. I also wanna know if my guess at the identity was correct! :D

The results are in ...

Well I finally caught up with my destitute friend. He was slumped in a rather unsightly pose outside Neverdie Bank with his cap on the ground begging for sweat. Oh how the mighty have fallen I thought as I dragged him to his feet and we wandered over to Simon and Emma's place ... to return to where it had all began all those years ago. A trip down memory lane.

As we walked and talked I told him of all the responses and great ideas for his book title and he seemed uplifted. The anagrams made him smile, a sight I haven't seen for some time and it seemed a weight was lifted from his shoulders. We sat and mused over all the titles, and the anagrams, and I said to him

"Jake, why don't you pick a few you like".

These are the ones that tickled him the most:

1st Place (gratz 4000 EFD):
Extracting the piss: a miners guide to enmatter - George Skywalker

Joint 2nd Place (gratz 1250 EFD each):
How I went from Pool Cleaner to Pool Cleaner - Woodger
Grand Theft Entropia - Lana

Joint 3rd Place (gratz 500 EFD each):
All in all it's not a, 'nother Click in the mall - Sassyfer Sass Missmonkey
Honey I shrunk the ped card - MaxArfPower
PED Cemetary - Pepto

Best of the rest (no EFD but comfort in knowing you made Jake smile)
Troxford English Dictionary - Alien
Fear and Loathing in Limnadian - Beki
Residue Evil - Profit
Dawn of the PED - Pepto
Groundhogglo Day - Woodger
How to lose peds and alienate people - Woodger
ATH - Affluence To Hardship - Woodger
Rock Hard - A Miners Tail - Blackjack
A Bug's Life" Diary of a EU pilot! - Pink
Close Encounters of the Turd Kind - Beki

Jake turnedthe page and then leafed through the anagrams smiling as he went ... away from the crafting machine he really was a different person, so much happier, with purpose and positivity. As he read through there was one that made him topple full tilt off the bench, although i suspect the Alien blood I had caught him swigging outside the bank also contributed. "I love this one" he said:

Anagram winner: Sassyfer Sass Missmonkey with "Entropia Universe is Dynamic" = "Indiscriminate, Even Sour Pay"

I guess it seemed fitting given Jake's predicament. Once we'd finished looking through Jake said "you know Slappy I feel inspired by all these great responses, and not a crafting machine in sight ... like I can live without it afterall. I guess things aren't so bad you know. I should write this book and then maybe ... like when I got my All Time High the name Jake Turnsleft Ball will be up in lights again!"

Gratz to Snuggins on guessing the name correctly first.

See next post ... for more ...

Book Cover Contest

Over a cool drink in Jason's Bar Jake and I talked excitedly about what his next ventures might be and what chapters he might include in the book. As we talked we got around to what might be on the front cover ... how should the book look.

I said to him well the name you have picked conjours up all sorts of possibilities Jake, you should design something. His face dropped as he confessed creativity was not his strong point, which perhaps explains his lack of success at the crafting machines.

Then it struck us ... we knew where to go for creative ideas ... back to those who had provided so many good ideas for the book and anagrams.

So here it is ... get your noses into photoshop and lets see what the front cover of "Extracting the Piss: a Miners Guide to Enmatter!" should look like!

To start us off ... I'll put up 1000 EFD for the winner.

Slappy

PS Contest will finish mid next week sometime but maybe a bit later to give you time either side of landgrab. We'll see how we get on.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :yay:

Glad you liked the title :)

ok now with the photoshop book cover hmmm can it be adult rated ?

Cheers mate.

Within reason I am sure its all good re the book cover ... just be sensible is the best advice. Jimmy and Skam both posted in the thread so I am sure they will let us know if any get too close to the mark!

Slappy

PS if you want to do any of the 2nd or 3rd place ones too then feel free if enough EFD are generated I'll do a prize for those too.

Last edited:
Yay!

Seems even a monkey can be quite clever sometimes :)

Thanks for the fun thread slappy

Wee :yay:

Thanks for the EFD! This was a fun contest, I am glad to see it continue into another graphical chapter. :)

For those that are wondering, my guess of TurnsLeft was just based on some inestigation work and a hunch. I saw another thread by him that seemed to hint that he was in the condition Slappy described and his name fit the mystery too. Was fun to play EF Detective! :D

Here's a list of my personal fav's from the winners' list:

PED Cemetary - Pepto

The anagram: Sassyfer Sass Missmonkey with "Entropia Universe is Dynamic" = "Indiscriminate, Even Sour Pay"
Is better than I could imagine! LOL :laugh:

Thanks for the fun contest, can't wait to see some cover-art! :wtg:

Wee :yay:

Thanks for the EFD! This was a fun contest, I am glad to see it continue into another graphical chapter. :)

For those that are wondering, my guess of TurnsLeft was just based on some inestigation work and a hunch. I saw another thread by him that seemed to hint that he was in the condition Slappy described and his name fit the mystery too. Was fun to play EF Detective! :D

Here's a list of my personal fav's from the winners' list:

PED Cemetary - Pepto

The anagram: Sassyfer Sass Missmonkey with "Entropia Universe is Dynamic" = "Indiscriminate, Even Sour Pay"
Is better than I could imagine! LOL :laugh:

Thanks for the fun contest, can't wait to see some cover-art! :wtg:

Hehe thanks mate ... you know, your signature quote would have made a good title!

Damn, missed it.

Bloody good replies to a bloody good thread, nice one Slapnuts:)

(Mine would be "Fire and Forget", "The Swamp Camp Redemption", "Violent Running" or maybe just "Avatarsehole":))

Hurrikane

From rags to riches - and back

Guess away ... but you must post a book title with every guess you have as to the identity of the penniless pauper!

Thanks much for the prize and some good laughs Slapnuts :D

Indiana OJ and the Raiders of the Lost MindArk

I guess the alcoholic OJ is TurnsLeft :)

Guess away ... but you must post a book title with every guess you have as to the identity of the penniless pauper!

See post above from Snuggins who guessed the name correctly.

So your point is what exactly Mayaren?

Over a cool drink in Jason's Bar Jake and I talked excitedly about what his next ventures might be and what chapters he might include in the book. As we talked we got around to what might be on the front cover ... how should the book look.

I said to him well the name you have picked conjours up all sorts of possibilities Jake, you should design something. His face dropped as he confessed creativity was not his strong point, which perhaps explains his lack of success at the crafting machines.

Then it struck us ... we knew where to go for creative ideas ... back to those who had provided so many good ideas for the book and anagrams.

So here it is ... get your noses into photoshop and lets see what the front cover of "Extracting the Piss: a Miners Guide to Enmatter!" should look like!

To start us off ... I'll put up 1000 EFD for the winner.

Slappy

PS Contest will finish mid next week sometime but maybe a bit later to give you time either side of landgrab. We'll see how we get on.

No art work for Jake to look at over the weekend? ;)

ROFL, my full name irl turns into: My sin, a cheeseburger orgy.

DOA Foeripper = Poop Fear Ride

Menace 2 Society = 2 Meaty Ice Cones

Last edited:
ROFL, my full name irl turns into: My sin, a cheeseburger orgy.

DOA Foeripper = Poop Fear Ride

LOL! Ok no more visits to McD, HJ, BK for you :laugh:

Oh and I know it is a bit late but Movie/Book title:

Instead of Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Marco Behrmann's Day Off

Wow, too bad I missed this one. :( Seems like it was a great and fun contest. Just one point.

Is "J" JohnCapital?

Considering I've never ATH'd and I don't drink, it's safe to say this was a bad guess. :D

However, just as a silly, late book title:

Entropy 101: My real experience in a virtual universe

Back