Question: A Change in Animal Oil Drops?

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
Since VU 9.3 I noticed a change in the animal oils being dropped by Snarksnots and wondered if the same was true for other mob's.

All Snarks below Dom's seem to drop Muscle Oil only, and only Dom's and higher have the chance to drop Eye Oil. In the past I would receive more or less equal quantities of each, and while I am not positive, I believe Eye Oil used to drop from Old's and higher.

My theory is that the increase in high HP mobs would lead to an increase in the higher TT oils, and so to maintain balance MA shifted the break points higher.

It seems (and I have read it here somewhere) there is some sort of mob HP factor in determining which oils a mob drops, as the higher TT oils come from bigger mobs, and from higher maturities within a given mob. It seems more likely to me that the change had to do with the overall formula than just a change one mob, but this is the only mob I hunt enough of (way too many of :))to be sure of the change.

Has anyone else noticed this in the mobs they hunt regularly?

:beerchug:

Miles

Not really, for example, I looted Brain / Heart / Kidney & Pancreas Oil from Ambu Youngs :)

Havent noticed any changes (yet)

The few dozen Faucervix I've killed since the VU dropped muscle oil instead of eye oil. I think highest maturity was old, so not sure about higher maturity ones.

Yes thorio for example never dropped eye oil before now they do. aurli/krelt now drop significant amounts of thyroid.

Back