A disgrace

.kernel.

Provider
Society
Supremacy Reign
Kernel Kernel 32
I am hugely dissapointed with the forums the way as they are now. We had a perfectly fine forum (entropiaforum.com) all worked well, we had a large and active userbase. Then for some f***ing reason 711/Neomaven and/or FPC thought it was nesscesary to sell/buy the forum. Thusfar things are fine, but then they relaunched the old forum, which MindArk all the sudden sees as the 'official' forum. End result: Two split up and half active fora with no direction at all.

Yay for another fuckup

morons @ mindark/fpc/SEE/SDS/RT/NDS/Khadaffi

MA split to become FPC and MA
FPC was bought out by SDS
SDS was bought back by MA for massive profit
Everyone at SDS was fired.

MA have chosen to communicate through EF instead of PCF

Just be thankful they even have ONE PR person, rather than none at all.

Yeah it is pretty odd thats all gone down, but not much we can do. And our old EF accounts were moved here and I just never felt like making a new account to go back onto EF.

Wtf.

Divide and rule
;)

Thusfar things are fine, but then they relaunched the old forum, which MindArk all the sudden sees as the 'official' forum.

EF was always intended to remain as the semi-official MA forum - this was indicated when the Calypso forum started, long before EF was relauched. So not some sudden decision.

It all seems very sensible to me - a forum used by the umbrella organisation to communicate with the community as a whole, and separate forums for the planet partners. The problem for this forum is that the partner not longer exists, and MA is temporarily in charge, hence some blurring of roles. Presumably that will right itself once Calypso become independent again.

A somewhat different issue is that many didn't like the change because they perceived EF as independent and this forum as official, and resented their material being used on an official forum ... then proceeded to blame MA+ (the buyer) rather than 711 (the seller) - a reaction that has always seemed rather odd to me. :eyecrazy:

First, what Immortal said, though I may disagree on the profit level of the whole thing. Selling something to someone who refuses to pay the bills doesn't strike me as an optimal situation.

Meanwhile

A somewhat different issue is that many didn't like the change because they perceived EF as independent and this forum as official, and resented their material being used on an official forum ... then proceeded to blame MA+ (the buyer) rather than 711 (the seller) - a reaction that has always seemed rather odd to me. :eyecrazy:

Are you kidding? 711 got tons of grief over that. Tons. And SDS (not MA, get your facts straight on who the buyer was) got almost no grief over it at all, even though they were the ones who initiated the whole deal. 711 didn't go to SDS, it was the other way around. And since at that time it seemed that Calypso was indeed going to be separated from MA permanently, do you really think he should have refused?

As for how it is now, PCF and EF, yes I can see how it seems odd, but if you simply view this forum as what it's supposed to be (Planet Calypso-related) and EF = whole Universe, then it's easier to understand.

And yes, I know about the complaints about too many forums. Yes there's an element of truth. However, what's the alternative? One single forum for al planets? Controlled by who? Who gets front page news on VU day? What rules are used when one organization is more rigid then another? How do you properly sell the planets as separate games within the same Universe if only one forum is used?

Meh... the more time you spend lurking multiple forums.... the less time you have to lose PEDs :)

Ahhhhh the silver lining :)

Menace

Are you kidding? 711 got tons of grief over that. Tons.

Okey-dokey. Seemed to me in the forums that MA+ were being blamed more.

And SDS (not MA, get your facts straight on who the buyer was) got almost no grief over it at all, even though they were the ones who initiated the whole deal.

MA+ = MA/SDS/etc. Convenient abbreviation.

711 didn't go to SDS, it was the other way around. And since at that time it seemed that Calypso was indeed going to be separated from MA permanently, do you really think he should have refused?

Glad that you've jumped to 711's defence, but entirely unnecessary. I wasn't attacking him, nor have I any issues with the sale. You've misread what I wrote.

Back