FYI: A fair warning for killing yulebots in FFA

Status

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
After entering around 40 minutes left and then killing a yulebot in FFA3 (as nobody else was calling it), I noticed this in the local chat
[Local] [xxx]: zigenare

With my russian skills I deducted this is a racial reference.
Then with yule's health low I had a couple of spiders on my back, killed the bunch and we had this nice conversation.

So, a fair warning, don't go killing yulebots, you can get cans...r apparently!

On top of being zigenare, crackhead, and worst of all, a bad person made in an act of incest...

2021-01-09 18:43:23 [FROM: xxx] what makes you think you can come in late in a room and still go for Yule ?..

2021-01-09 18:43:35 [FROM: xxx] if ya wanna take yule go solo room crackhead

2021-01-09 18:44:01 [TO : xxx] well if you had taken it first, you would have killed it

2021-01-09 18:44:10 [TO : xxx] i cant enter solo as i have no team

2021-01-09 18:44:13 [FROM: xxx] i wish you the worst in life...

2021-01-09 18:44:18 [TO : xxx] ow

2021-01-09 18:44:30 [TO : xxx] drama queen

2021-01-09 18:44:38 [FROM: xxx] make team,, and go in... and leave team once your in,, crackhead

2021-01-09 18:44:47 [FROM: xxx] i wish you get canse

2021-01-09 18:44:50 [FROM: xxx] r

2021-01-09 18:45:13 [TO : xxx] :) oh well karma is a bitch, see that you dont get it yourself

2021-01-09 18:45:30 [FROM: xxx] blablabla...come see me irl

2021-01-09 18:47:01 [TO : xxx] drama queen

2021-01-09 18:47:10 [FROM: xxx] crackhead

2021-01-09 18:47:47 [FROM: xxx] a good person doesnt behave like you... guess your parents are sister and brother

2021-01-09 18:47:47 [FROM: xxx] a good person doesnt behave like you... guess your parents are sister and brother

index.php

yeah...right...take the magical "solo" instance in FFA :D

Lovely :)

Does sound like russian, they all speak the same, no matter the game :D Maybe it's the same guy!

Actually sounds like swedish as well, "zigenare" or "Romer" means the Romani people or as some people call them "Gipsies". Decent English spelling and shit talk about eastern european people is typical butt-hurt swedes haha ?

Actually sounds like swedish as well, "zigenare" or "Romer" means the Romani people or as some people call them "Gipsies". Decent English spelling and shit talk about eastern european people is typical butt-hurt swedes haha ?

Ok, then should be careful not to get banned. You don't want to get into a fight with a swedish guy in a swedish game :p

makes sense, there are words that sound similar in many language, actually now that I think if it it similar in my native Latvian as well (no surprise as Latvia was conquered both by Swedes and Russians in relatively recent times)
I was thinking cursing someone was very east European but it seems Swedes have not evolved much further than that :D

There are turdheads everywhere. If you got there first and no one else was shooting at the thing, then screw him. Most people don’t even bother with the Yulebots. Sounds like a sad, frustrated loser.

It is actually a metaphor for calling someone an opportunist. Only those present in the situation know if it's justified or not, but without interpreting it the right way you won't know whether you should take criticism to heart or not. "Racist" is a strong rebuttal and a standard response in today's culture but just because you can interpret something this way it often covers up the real reasons and hence isn't always helpful either. We have many places and situations in Entropia where a penchant for opportunism can get you into conflict with other players.

i never underrstood why mindark had to make the solo instances shared loot and the non team FFA instances non-shared - it would make much more sense the other way round. Setting the loot up like now will mean people fighting over a non-shared boss.
I got my fair share of complaints too cause others 'perceive' the boss 'theirs'.

It is actually a metaphor for calling someone an opportunist
and the rest of it was a metaphor as well? I have my reservations to interpret it as anything else than something offensive.

I guess FFA went over their heads? I mean it stands for Free For All.....

The Free-for-All Mayhem division allows hunters (either solo or in teams) to compete for prizes in an unrestricted, no-holds-barred single-category format.

If anything, you're just adhering to the no-holds-barred part.

and the rest of it was a metaphor as well? I have my reservations to interpret it as anything else than something offensive.
I was only referring to this particular item. I'm not qualified to make any judgement of the situation, whether they wanted to offend or criticise. It was only to clarify why it often gets clouded when cultural references are used.

Sometimes I wish I could see these people in RL, see how they behave far from a keyboard...maybe learn something from their past. Most likely these guys have been seriously bullied so they act strong behind a screan. I feel sorry for them because they don’t actually have a life...and if they do I’m sure it sucks.

honestly i can understand the dudes frustration there was a few people jsut going for yule bots ,, how ever that just does not excuse piss poor behaviour ,it also doesnt change the fact first to shoot the mobs has claim ,,, thats really the end of story

Status
Back