Help: A Hardware I/O error was reported while accessing an unnamed file

JackScar

Hatchling
Getting:

vpatch
"A Hardware I/O error was reported while accessing an unnamed file"

error during new patch 1 of 2, then it just hangs.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Run scandisk.

dodgy hard disk maybe?

No, HD seems fine and it seems other folks are running into this issue as well from searching the forums. No resolition found as of yet.

I put in a ticket and will continue to research the problem....

Hmm, I think EU accidentally your computer.

Ran CHKDSK twice, no errors.

With all options enabled? Could be a problem with an area that's being used for temp files or something.

Maybe it's time to buy a copy of Spinrite then.

If it's really a hardware problem, than a bunch of Swedish 1's and 0's won't make any difference.

With all options enabled? Could be a problem with an area that's being used for temp files or something.

Maybe it's time to buy a copy of Spinrite then.

If it's really a hardware problem, than a bunch of Swedish 1's and 0's won't make any difference.

Yup ran first time just default, and second time all options enabled and scanned on reboot, so no temp files etc, were even loaded.

I've been researching and this seems to be a common error with vpatch and bad patches, but i haven't come across any resolution other than a complete reinstall.....which im avoiding atm.

I also have deleted the source file for the update and have re-run the client to dl again....same error unfortunatley.

Also.... should be noted again that others are having this issue so I'm not going to be concerned about any hardware issues. If I was the only one I could understand but the system is running fine.

I did afk last night before the server went down, I'm not sure if being logged when the system drops could have caused any corruptions etc. I also did not reboot the client today when I logged back in (I wasnt aware of a VU).

Hrmmmm.....still having the same issue here...running some system scans atm.

Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it?

OK quick update:

Completely reinstalled, still had the I/O error pop up.
Did a deep scan on the entropia folder, and found that even after fresh install texture.pak was corrupt.
Fixed the file....
Ran the client and updated 7 of 7, died at the end of 7, same I/O error.
Manually ran todays patch, it failed on a rocktropia file.
Re ran the file manually again and it completed.
Upon restarting client, repair was triggered...found textures.pak filesize was a mismatch.

LOL

SO repair tool is redling the texture.pak file now, just wanted to update my progress so far so others have some info.

Hope to be ingame soon *crosses fingers*

Jack

Back