News: A Minute with Alf

Great interview Skam. Some very positive stuff to look forward to.

It's worth noting that as planet partners come on board they contribute their graphics teams to the Entropia Universe - so in a sense the game gets exponential growth in the number of designers working on it.

I have very much enjoyed reading these 2 interviews with actual MA/FPC employees... :yay:

I appreciate their frank and open comments and it's a welcome relief to actually get some concrete and tagible info from inside the camp on how they are getting the work done and the stress and strains they are under too...

Communication from MA/FPC should be more than just cold hard facts, there should be more of this human reality that we can all relate too...

Both of these interviews with FPC personal was really enjoyable reading :) hopefully there will be more?

All those pixels dancing around and such a small team to contain the fuzz.
Agree with Dave Ozi its great to see a human aspect of the 'Fear and Loathing in Lostropia' team making such a great effort to contain spot fires and keep quality for all the devotee's:D

Those hands...mmm age not seen.
Hands Stance
Gauged, contained, mildy vigilant....thinker, thumbs = anticipation.
Body Stance
Posture and smile convivial appearing laid back, likes to sustain some contol but not seem overtly controlling :D

Where is Kalanen for another kind of appraisal:D

So now we know who is responsible for all the yonic and phallic imagery in Entropia. Seriously dude, you must have a box full of weird Swedish sex toys. Not that there's anything wrong with that. After all, you are a graphic artist.

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks!

I like this backstage stuff.

So THX for that.

Nice reading :thumbup:
"alffull.jpg" sure there isn't an extra l and f and missing a w? ;)

Cool, had no idea he used to play in At the gates.

I wonder if he took part in writing any of their songs... like "R*ped by the light of christ"? :laugh:

"At the Gates", "Grotesque" et "Oxiplegatz"

:headbang:Yeah!!:headbang:

Long Live Metal Music! Check out Reactor (Montreal), a thrash metal band that had the same drummer, guitarist and bass player as my Band AGENDA The Rock Band.
Reactor played last Friday and just like good old times the Cops showed up and we got a 144$ Ticket. You may know the Guitarist Dave Galea as a founding member of the famous Metal band from Montreal... Crypstopsy.

Reactor - Robocop

AGENDA The Rock Band

Cryptopsy - The Pestilence That Walketh in the Darkness

It`s nice to get to know the guys at Mindark...It makes the company seem less mysterious.

Last edited:
Hooray for Alf Svensson

....How important is esthetics really for a game like Planet Calypso?

- To me, being a graphics artist, it’s what matters. But it is a constant negotiation with the programmers. They might see the AI of a creature, while I see the exterior look. But I think it should be a compromise, in order to have the best of both.

The graphics in VU10 have been outstanding and it's been a real treat exploring. I really appreciate Alf and the other graphic artists' work. It's great to know that there's more to come. :yay:

Thanks again Skam for another great interview. :)

p.s. to Alf - I don't know who redesigned the Feffs but they are the stuff of nightmares - mine anyway :laugh:

The graphics in VU10 have been outstanding and it's been a real treat exploring. I really appreciate Alf and the other graphic artists' work. It's great to know that there's more to come. :yay:

Thanks again Skam for another great interview. :)

p.s. to Alf - I don't know who redesigned the Feffs but they are the stuff of nightmares - mine anyway :laugh:

I agree ....they are ugly mothers!

Love the interviews Skam. I think it helps the community overall and helps to personalize the ppl behind this. :) :wtg:

*:rolleyes::rolleyes: At more avvy upgrades..... most of us couldn't care if they looked like stick figures if there was more to the 'game'. Still nothing new really in that department in all the years I've been here.... still hoping.... sigh... "Avvy's were updated to work in the new CryEngine in VU 9.0" .. and we paid dearly for it!!! Why is any time being spent on it when they look fine for now at least and there's so many other things that need done???? :confused: :scratch2: *I'll NEVER understand the thinking there...... *

To Alf- I hear your pain/frustration... been there done that... Seriously here - I know one heck of a conversion / dll coder for 3d program objects. He made my life much easier years ago when I did all that stuff. He works from home and you might be well off to get in contact with him. Not only objects and textures but the quaternion movements, coords etc. with a bit of time. Offered him up before and he could have saved countless hours of recreating soooo many things. Could probably in short time bring Minopolis and such back. Then you'd have more time to take your time on other stuff until you can get back to it. Guess I'd have to ask him though before offering him up huh? :D

+rep for MA :headbang:

Cool interview with another cool MA/FPC guy. I especially liked this pic made by Alf. It's amazing :painter:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Love the interviews Skam. I think it helps the community overall and helps to personalize the ppl behind this. :) :wtg:

Happy to be of service ;)

Why is any time being spent on it when they look fine for now at least and there's so many other things that need done???? :confused: :scratch2: *I'll NEVER understand the thinking there...... *

Well honestly, I don't think the avatars look great as they are now. They look o.k, but there's a lot that need to be done. Facial animations, poses, more natural looks, etc. Right now we look a bit like a rubber-doll, in my opinion, Barbie-esque. It doesn't fit the CryEngine2 imo.

I've been here 6 years and I've gone through 2 major (Start and 9.0) and 1 minor avatar customizations. (10.0 gave us a near-identical avatar to the one we already had, so I count it a minor) I don't think thats too bad. I think its just needed to bring the game into the future.

I think its also important to remember that the graphics artists does not do programming, so the other gameplay issues that need fixing is not in their department :)

I do have one question.....

How come I still cant sit down?

My legs are getting damn tired :(

Back