A New Form of 'sweating' that earns MA money!~

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
If MA was to make a new form of sweating that allowed them to profit from the players time, it would change this entire company around overnight.

For example (Just an example to get you to understand what I am talking about, I know it's not the best idea) if they were to merge with a site like Clixsense that pays their users like 0.5-3 cents per click, and allow users to somehow click the ads in game or even on a website and earn PEDS directly, people would be able to get more PED out of their time compared to sweating, as well as earn MA money which is the key point of this example. The current system to supply funds to the new players (sweating) does not really profit MA besides from players using deposited money to purchase it. This new method would allow MA to profit as well as the players, being win-win.

This is just a single example, if we can think of enough ways that allows users to earn cash for Mind Ark and get a cut then Entropia Universe would be profiting from the 'free to play' users instead of waiting for them to pay, in fact people could earn enough through those ads or another method to actually play the game free in a much more effective way than sweating.

Let's brainstorm here for new methods, if they introduce this it would make the game so much more populated, and there is no reason for them not to if we find a good enough reason, if there is one thing we know it is that they love making money off us.

Last edited:
In game adverts, that is what they need.

Maybe they have tried this already who knows?

Thye have had alienware I guess as a sponser, but they need more like this.

Coke billboard in twins.

Advert when the game is loading

Nothing that will annoy us, just something in the background.

They do not even have to charge much, it would cost MA next to nothing to get adverts in the game.

Could have like

BMW cars

Etc, you get the point

bad idea if you ask me. this is a game not a pay per click site.

I don't mean advertisements necessarily. You completely misunderstand this thread...

Not a single one of your suggestions has anything to do with how a player could earn money for Mind Ark, which is the topic of this thread.

(I guess technically they do, but I don't mean indirect earning such as ads displayed to everyone, I mean direct earning as in I think, "Ima go do 'newsweat'" and I go earn cash for MA on purpose and get a cut back)

Diluted sweat, etc. exists. Go hunting. ;)

Are you guys seriously not reading my post at all?
At this rate of stupid replies I will have to repost this thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BRAINSTORMING A NEW METHOD TO REPLACE OR ADD TO THE SWEATING SYSTEM, TO ALLOW USERS TO EARN MONEY FOR MIND ARK RATHER THAN FROM PLAYERS.

At this rate of stupid replies I will have to repost this.

in the ancient days, Massive ads were in game. Microsoft bought Massive and took it down like a stack of cards. The 'system' itself is still in game though, at least according to terms of use/eula/privacy notification from MA, etc. Back in the days mcdonalds, the army, etc. had video ads in game, you had a check box in the client loader to get more access to higher loots if you had ads turned on in game, etc. since that system already exists, you'd think Mindark could just flip a switch and turn it on.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BRAINSTORMING A NEW METHOD TO REPLACE OR ADD TO THE SWEATING SYSTEM, TO ALLOW USERS TO EARN MONEY FOR MIND ARK RATHER THAN FROM PLAYERS.
perhaps that was your intention, but you asked for a NEW FORM of sweating that earns MA money. Hunting for diluted sweat already is a new form of sweating that gives Mindark money in the form of decay.

Mindark cut a deal with a third party to do ads, etc. Let that company handle the freebie crap. Let Mindark fix the blasted systems that have been gone missing since vu 10.

in the ancient days, Massive ads were in game. Microsoft bought Massive and took it down like a stack of cards. The 'system' itself is still in game though, at least according to terms of use/eula/privacy notification from MA, etc. Back in the days mcdonalds, the army, etc. had video ads in game, you had a check box in the client loader to get more access to higher loots if you had ads turned on in game, etc. since that system already exists, you'd think Mindark could just flip a switch and turn it on.

Still nothing to do with brainstorming for new ways to earn money for MA through direct action.

IE a system to replace sweating where users don't just do nothing, they earn money for MA somehow.

perhaps that was your intention, but you asked for a NEW FORM of sweating that earns MA money. Hunting for diluted sweat already is a new form of sweating that gives Mindark money in the form of decay.

Mindark cut a deal with a third party to do ads, etc. Let that company handle the freebie crap. Let Mindark fix the blasted systems that have been gone missing since vu 10.

I can't believe you still didn't understand the giant text...
Please just leave as you are clearly far to ignorant to even understand what this thread is about. You are spamming the shit out of it with useless posts that have nothing to do with the original topic.

By 'sweating' I simply mean whatever it is a player does for free to earn ped. Has nothing to do with sweat...

Last edited:
Still nothing to do with brainstorming for new ways to earn money for MA through direct action.

IE a system to replace sweating where users don't just do nothing, they earn money for MA somehow.

That's what I'm getting at... massive already existed. Hell, the affiliate program already existed. mindark chose to not follow through on that stuff. They should reimplement it.

Need more... Gold Cards. I'm fairly certain there's a pretty high markup on Mindark's end. they are giving them away if you deposit a certain dollar amount. That's a freebie that earns MA money. You might not like it since it requires a deposit, but it's a freebie and it gives them cash.

That's what I'm getting at... massive already existed. Hell, the affiliate program already existed. mindark chose to not follow through on that stuff. They should reimplement it.

Massive ads pays mindark money, if a user clicks the ad or not I am not sure as I wasn't here, but either way the user would never see a cent of that. Thus it is irrelevant to this thread.

This thread, before you derailed it with stupid, was suppose to be about brainstorming for new methods for players to earn ped with zero cost to them. The only possible way is for players to earn mindark money with no cost to the player and them get a cut, now I am simply trying to get the community to brainstorm these new methods for players to spend their time to earn money, like sweating. But sweating does not pay mindark, so a better method should be introduced to improve the game.

I will try to draw a picture for the new thread I post. Maybe it will help you understand...

Doesn't somentrics kind of cover this? well, it is not in-game but it makes Mindark money.

Personally, I am against this sort of thing. Kind of makes the game seem dodgey or something like that.

Doesn't somentrics kind of cover this? well, it is not in-game but it makes Mindark money.

Personally, I am against this sort of thing. Kind of makes the game seem dodgey or something like that.

Yes, that is like what I am talking about, but their offers are extremely limited and only available to depositing users, as well as easily cheatable if they were not (making new accounts, etc)

A smaller scale thing like sometrixs would work much better. The issue with that is they reward hundreds of ped rather than a smaller amount for less work.

I don't mean advertisements necessarily. You completely misunderstand this thread...

Not a single one of your suggestions has anything to do with how a player could earn money for Mind Ark, which is the topic of this thread.

(I guess technically they do, but I don't mean indirect earning such as ads displayed to everyone, I mean direct earning as in I think, "Ima go do 'newsweat'" and I go earn cash for MA on purpose and get a cut back)

You must be new here.

MA need to make themselves money. At the stage they are at, I would assume they are not looking at ways and will not look at ways on how to make players money.

No doubt you will say if players had money then MA would have money from deposits.

NO

Once they have a safe way of making money, then there will be more chances for players to make money.

You must be new here.

MA need to make themselves money. At the stage they are at, I would assume they are not looking at ways and will not look at ways on how to make players money.

No doubt you will say if players had money then MA would have money from deposits.

NO

Once they have a safe way of making money, then there will be more chances for players to make money.

First off. This thread is brainstorming ways to earn MA money. They already have a way to make players money (sweating) but they earn little to nothing from it, I am suggesting we brainstorm a new system for them to be able to make money from giving away money (sweat)

If the players can make money somehow, but are only making a small cut of the money, then MA is making safe money.

Did I just type my idea wrong or are you all really that ignorant to what this thread is suggesting?

In game adverts, that is what they need.

Maybe they have tried this already who knows?

Ingame RL-ads disappeared with cryengine 2, IIRC. Not sure why we haven't seen it return yet.

"Ancient days"? :confused: Feels more like last week.

I think they have this covered with decay. Pretty much any action you take makes Mindark money.

What you are suggesting is some non-decay activity that will bring in cash for Mindark.

Eureka! I have it!

Simply make the sweat gun dew-hickey decay from use!

Players then have to pay peds to repair it.

Am I a genius or what?

:cool:

Please close this thread.

There is no way the community is this backwater fucking retarded so I must have explained the idea wrong. I will repost it later and hopefully you guys will understand me.

Please close this thread.

There is no way the community is this backwater fucking retarded so I must have explained the idea wrong. I will repost it later and hopefully you guys will understand me.

To be honest, I thought my last idea was "aces". :wtg:

What you are suggesting is some non-decay activity that will bring in cash for Mindark. [and return a cut to the players]

Am I a genius or what?

:cool:

You are the closest one to understanding what this thread is about with that bolded line. [With the important bit added]

To be honest, I thought my last idea was "aces". :wtg:

Yes actually a good idea, instead of buying sweat from noobs I could buy a sweat gun and get it myself really fast. I love it! But it still has absolutely nothing to do with the brainstorming I had wanted.

If MA was to make a new form of sweating that allowed them to profit from the players time, it would change this entire company around overnight.

For example (Just an example to get you to understand what I am talking about, I know it's not the best idea) if they were to merge with a site like Clixsense that pays their users like 0.5-3 cents per click, and allow users to somehow click the ads in game or even on a website and earn PEDS directly, people would be able to get more PED out of their time compared to sweating, as well as earn MA money which is the key point of this example. The current system to supply funds to the new players (sweating) does not really profit MA besides from players using deposited money to purchase it. This new method would allow MA to profit as well as the players, being win-win.

This is just a single example, if we can think of enough ways that allows users to earn cash for Mind Ark and get a cut then Entropia Universe would be profiting from the 'free to play' users instead of waiting for them to pay, in fact people could earn enough through those ads or another method to actually play the game free in a much more effective way than sweating.

Let's brainstorm here for new methods, if they introduce this it would make the game so much more populated, and there is no reason for them not to if we find a good enough reason, if there is one thing we know it is that they love making money off us.

we've been doing that in secondlife for years

Really overnight!
MA makes enough money from our time, who gives a fuck about about sweating except those scavengers who are too tight to pay for their entertainment. Here's an idea, how about we get rid of sweating and make people deposit, those that are here for a free ride (and that sounds like you) don't contribute anyway and will leave. Some may stay and decide to deposit which is a far better source of income for MA.

MA should put CAPTCHA-solving machines in all cities! :yay:

No, seriously. MA already has profit from players, they don't need to ruin their already not so shining reputation among the gaming communities any further by adding any low-grade schemes, like pay-per-click and a such (I prefer to think that the partnership with Sometrics was just a failed marketing).

And from the players' POV, people may not like the current price of sweat (as if they ever did) but they keep sweating and somehow maintain their activities with it (my last disciple graduated in 4 weeks without depositing), so sweating seems works ok as it is.

OP asks question
Gets responses from people who do not understand the question.
OP clarifies question
Gets responses from people who can't comprehend written language.
OP loses faith in humanity and asks for thread closure
Gets flamed for being upset with people who can't read
LOL

What a thread... poor OP, I feel your pain. So many morons.

I understand what you're suggesting, I believe it would be a good idea, but as you have proven to yourself with this thread here, this forum is the worst place to try and discuss anything even remotely productive.

At this rate of stupid replies I will have to repost this thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BRAINSTORMING A NEW METHOD TO REPLACE OR ADD TO THE SWEATING SYSTEM, TO ALLOW USERS TO EARN MONEY FOR MIND ARK RATHER THAN FROM PLAYERS

Because of the way the game and mind ark balance sheet works, it already is a way for mindark to earn money from the labour of sweaters.

As one of the backwater fucking retards in this thread, I make a motion for keeping this thread open for amusement purposes.

Do I have a second?

Its called sometrics, and it already exists.

Back