A New Form of 'sweating' that earns MA money!~

OP asks question
Gets responses from people who do not understand the question.
OP clarifies question
Gets responses from people who can't comprehend written language.
OP loses faith in humanity and asks for thread closure
Gets flamed for being upset with people who can't read
LOL

What a thread... poor OP, I feel your pain. So many morons.

I understand what you're suggesting, I believe it would be a good idea, but as you have proven to yourself with this thread here, this forum is the worst place to try and discuss anything even remotely productive.

Thank god at least someone understands what happened here. You just restored my faith in humanity a little bit.

...using stupid and insulting people?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_people_insult_other_people

geez, wasted seconds of my RL

I never insulted anyone. But I find it hilariously hypocritical that you would use that 'Answer' as an insult to me.
In fact I even said that everyone here is NOT a backwater fucking retard and that I myself must have explained my idea wrong. But I guess I was wrong about that as it seems at least some people know what I was talking about...

Last edited:
Funny thread. Anyway I think I have an idea. Pay Per Click? It's the only way really, whether advertising or generating fake traffic. Seems to be the best way as sweaters always clicking and are on auto afk now. How it could work is, the target the sweat gun faces will generate a "pay per click" and as you use the tool your getting paid by this process. How successful this will turn out is anyone guess. I'm not that knowledgable in this area of the internet. Google ad sense maybe could be incoroporated, pressing likes on facebook perphaps?

Hm don't have any other idea's other than, using the emissionary programme with incentivised peds rather than gifts/reward items. Again, not really sure how it works, but its sort of an affiliate programme for EU. I mean players still have the oil rig should they choose to try get their ped that way. I think what ND did on RT with the vixen gear was a really cool idea, newbies can hunt/profit from this kind of loot, caly has no such equivalent. Probably cause the populus here is much larger still, but I don't know, maybe puny trophies used in lv20 amps? (hyperthetical ofc)

How successful this will turn out is anyone guess. I'm not that knowledgable in this area of the internet. Google ad sense maybe could be incoroporated, pressing likes on facebook perphaps?
A long time ago, affiliate programs like Google ad sense worked on pay per click models. These days, they work on pay per action models since they were getting screwed by pay per clickers that weren't actually buying anything in the ancient days... so now most affiliate programs are set up so like if someone clicks AND buys something the affiliate might get a percentage, etc. in the olden days if anyone clicked anything someone got paid, which drained the advertisers budget pretty quickly without any substantial increase in actual cash on hand.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be swell to 'get something for nothing' but unfortunately, that's not the way today's world works.

Some, rare affiliate programs these days do still use ppv (pay per view) systems, BUT they make them measly things like pay 2 cents for 1000 individual views, each with a different ip address etc. The old days of google and other affiliate networks paying people 30 bucks a click for words like Carcinoma that they are getting 100 bucks a click on from the lawyers are long gone.

Last edited:
Another crazy idea could be to actually increase the TT value of sweat. 1k = 1PED & could be sold for 200% markup instead of 2000%. So MA pay the players, and players pay less for sweat, ofc this TT value would have to come from somewhere, probably lootpool, which one I don't know, would be upto MA to decide. But then it would be hard to withdraw 1100PED without gathering a total of 1,100,000 sweat solo. Now this is quite achieveable within someone's lifetime, especially in the old sweating days. Now, I'm not sure it is even possible, but dedication should be rewarded if they wanted to withdraw it to be able to, again they can sell it back to TT or sell for 200% markup to players.

Another crazy idea could be to actually increase the TT value of sweat. 1k = 1PED & could be sold for 200% markup instead of 2000%. So MA pay the players, and players pay less for sweat, ofc this TT value would have to come from somewhere, probably lootpool, which one I don't know, would be upto MA to decide. But then it would be hard to withdraw 1100PED without gathering a total of 1,100,000 sweat solo. Now this is quite achieveable within someone's lifetime, especially in the old sweating days. Now, I'm not sure it is even possible, but dedication should be rewarded if they wanted to withdraw it to be able to, again they can sell it back to TT or sell for 200% markup to players.

I think it already comes out of the lootpool, which is why it shows up in the loot window? It does have a tt value, just not much.

I'm sure the miners and hunters are going to love seeing their tt returns lowered.

A long time ago, affiliate programs like Google ad sense worked on pay per click models. These days, they work on pay per action models since they were getting screwed by pay per clickers that weren't actually buying anything in the ancient days... so now most affiliate programs are set up so like if someone clicks AND buys something the affiliate might get a percentage, etc. in the olden days if anyone clicked anything someone got paid, which drained the advertisers budget pretty quickly without any substantial increase in actual cash on hand.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be swell to 'get something for nothing' but unfortunately, that's not the way today's world works.
Ahh then this makes a lot of sense, how the net has changed recently then, & with sometrics using the same model process. Thanks for info mastermesh. So not as provident as previous years. Perphaps MA could start providing paid surveys? Maybe once a week for players who want to take the time to do them for MA, or be providing paid surveys through EU as a medium. Something to do with games, gaming, online, mmo's etc the whole shabang & EU participants getting paid that way. I mean it seems to me that all the idea's I've suggested are all internet related. The next thing would be getting paid to write about EU :D. But then that isnt something MA can provide but on players initiative. Which is what some players already do, but on a free basis. It can however turn a few ped with careful planning and constructive/ creative writing of one's adventures in entropia no doubt, could be successful.

Ahh then this makes a lot of sense, how the net has changed recently then, & with sometrics using the same model process. Thanks for info mastermesh. So not as provident as previous years. Perphaps MA could start providing paid surveys? Maybe once a week for players who want to take the time to do them for MA, or be providing paid surveys through EU as a medium. Something to do with games, gaming, online, mmo's etc the whole shabang & EU participants getting paid that way. I mean it seems to me that all the idea's I've suggested are all internet related. The next thing would be getting paid to write about EU :D. But then that isnt something MA can provide but on players initiative. Which is what some players already do, but on a free basis. It can however turn a few ped with careful planning and constructive/ creative writing of one's adventures in entropia no doubt, could be successful.

paid surveys via in game voting booth would be neat. Along with that, I want back that option in client loader for the extra loot when the massive ads are shown. Since MA still has Massive listed in privacy policy, I assume the system still is in game, even if they aren't using it... it is their game, they should be able to tap in to it.

The voting booth could be used for a lot of different things actually...

paid surveys via in game voting booth would be neat. Along with that, I want back that option in client loader for the extra loot when the massive ads are shown. Since MA still has Massive listed in privacy policy, I assume the system still is in game, even if they aren't using it... it is their game, they should be able to tap in to it.

The voting booth could be used for a lot of different things actually...
I think your right this option would appeal to most, as with MA fixing returns and lowering costs, having a higher access to loot just by ads being played while you played would be an amazing addition to the game for everyone. I wonder if KIM has any information regarding this...

I think it already comes out of the lootpool, which is why it shows up in the loot window? It does have a tt value, just not much.

I'm sure the miners and hunters are going to love seeing their tt returns lowered.
Thing is we have no idea just how many lootpools there are apart from the obvious ones. MA may have put more, discreeter versions into the system & we don't know about them. I doubt miners and hunters returns would be affected much if the peds themselves are being returned into the system which they came from. An example could be, taken from newbie lootpool, then gets transferred into the other lootpools. So really in this interpretation, the newbie players would also be paying the other players for helping them out by giving them this option of a higher TT value for sweat. The only benefit newbies would recieve would be the free skills they get which ofc has no TT value said by MA but the esi's.

There should be some other things that a newbie who doesn't want to deposit can do without having a lot of peds to earn peds by creating a product that others would deem valuable. Like crafting something like a newbie component needed in various tools through the planet. Sweat + Puny Trophies for example = newbie component. Something like this, for crafting/hunting and similarly for mining as well. An ore or energy matter that only the rookie finder can find for example. The only problem is, that all bp's that are already available would have to be changed to accomodate this development & ofc some ppl wont like it.

If MA was to make a new form of sweating that allowed them to profit from the players time, it would change this entire company around overnight.

Let's brainstorm here for new methods, if they introduce this it would make the game so much more populated, and there is no reason for them not to if we find a good enough reason, if there is one thing we know it is that they love making money off us.
I hope you like my suggestions so far. I'm trying to brain storm but I can't think of them all on my own. Anyways when you get back I hope you see some ppl are trying to be constructive.

One of the things I liked about the newbie experience is the Neutron pistol. That thing is an extremely nice weapon & should be made UL for newbies but also non transferable for obvious reasons. At least early own they have a decent enough weapon to hunt puny for a long time to come without having to shell for the weapon. Has small TT, very eco, great range, it's just great & I loved using it so much.
I know this is not an idea but hey, just being more constructive to help newbie players :).

I do have one more idea, but oddly enough this hasn't happened yet. The farming of TOKENS, I know this is basicaly like sweat/ fragments but it does have a good market value & the supply atm just isn't enough for some of the things that it can be exchanged for, especially UL items that some ppl really do like. Not easily farmable by newbies but they do have to complete a series of tasks & each task gives a set token amount. This can be repeated daily ofc without the need of spending any peds in order to farm them.

Last edited:
There should be some other things that a newbie who doesn't want to deposit can do without having a lot of peds to earn peds by creating a product that others would deem valuable. Like crafting something like a newbie component needed in various tools through the planet. Sweat + Puny Trophies for example = newbie component. Something like this, for crafting/hunting and similarly for mining as well. An ore or energy matter that only the rookie finder can find for example. The only problem is, that all bp's that are already available would have to be changed to accomodate this development & ofc some ppl wont like it.
Why change the bps that exist? Just add new slots in the first few pages for the level zero.

Why change the bps that exist? Just add new slots in the first few pages for the level zero.
Ah yes, this makes a lot of sense, thanks again mesh. So lvl zero components needed 4 what though?

Last edited:
I miss the old "show advertisements" option. Not that I ever turned it off to notice the difference it made (did anyone?).
I wonder if this is part of the reason why I used to be able to survive for so long on so much less deposits.

The thread seems to walk a thin line between what one thinks, what one wants, and of course what one interprets. I am always for anything that benefits the players for time they put into the game. The BIG rewards program that we have put into place that simply rewards people for globaling (on a BIG Industries land area) gives them the option of ped and/or prizes redeemable for RL. Perhaps we could tie in something with using the entropialife.com client (tracker) where you could earn some rewards points which are redeemable for peds. This not only earns players peds but it helps Mindark as well and everyone else who plays the game by stimulating the economy through promoting active players who have some Ped to spend hunting, mining, crafting or trading. As these all go back to resources and the auction.

One of our other initiatives have been hiring players in game that do not necessarily have the funds to deposit so they earn the peds by leading sweat groups and offering free healing to hunters among some other transportation to help people get started and continue within the game. These peds are spent and put back into game by BIG Industries having paid employees within the game. We are definitely open to any ideas and welcome them all. This game has a great platform that when approached properly allows for the players to really take the game to what ever level they desire.

Good Luck out there and I hope some great ideas come out. I know MA reads the threads and I don't think they would pass on anything that builds the player base and helps the community.

Salty~

Salty, that was a great suggestion. Thanks for that +rep. I was not made away you were doing half of what you said im your post, though I knew of the sweaters initiative your trying to do currently. Thanks for helping the game move along.

If MA was to make a new form of sweating that allowed them to profit from the players time, it would change this entire company around overnight.

The type of system you're talking about would be very hard to design. In fact, I'm not aware of any company that, besides working for that company, has a program that allows you to earn money to buy the companies product.

Does Coke have some sort of program where people can earn money to buy Coke? Does McDonalds do something so people can earn money to spend on burgers?

<insert tongue in cheek here>

I wonder if MA could create a new profession called 'burglar.'

All items in the game you would be able to steal.

If you park your car in Twin - someone could right click - steal.

You have gained experience in your burglar skill.

Items that have been stolen would have their status changed to non-usable non-tradeable.

The person who steals the item takes it to a special TT where the TT value is divided up as:

25% given to the burglar
25% refund to the victim of the theft
50% returned to MA

This system benefits everyone except the victim.

The burglar gets 25% of the TT value. For a noob or non-depositer this is a much better system that sweating. Imagine a noob standing in Twins who sees someone AFK. Right click - steal armor. Find the nearest Reward TT and get free PEDs.

MA gets 50% of the TT value. This is pure profit for MA and acts like accelerated decay.

The community at large benefits because those items that are stolen and turned in to MA are removed from the economy. The victim must buy new armor or a new car. This stimulates the economy.

In short, my new burglar profession is a win-win-win-lose.

<take tongue out of cheek and go back to sleep>

Last edited:
Hello, im short on resources atm and looking for help.
Trade terminal sell empty sweat botles only in stock of 1k and thats 2 peds wich i dont have at moment.
So im looking to buy 300 empty botles from players.
Im ready to exchange my empty paint cans for that if anyone need.
Im also looking for info on wich LA claim marker i can obtain cheapest daily sweating permision/licence.

For example (Just an example to get you to understand what I am talking about, I know it's not the best idea) if they were to merge with a site like Clixsense that pays their users like 0.5-3 cents per click, and allow users to somehow click the ads in game or even on a website and earn PEDS directly, people would be able to get more PED out of their time compared to sweating, as well as earn MA money which is the key point of this example. The current system to supply funds to the new players (sweating) does not really profit MA besides from players using deposited money to purchase it. This new method would allow MA to profit as well as the players, being win-win.

This is just a single example, if we can think of enough ways that allows users to earn cash for Mind Ark and get a cut then Entropia Universe would be profiting from the 'free to play' users instead of waiting for them to pay, in fact people could earn enough through those ads or another method to actually play the game free in a much more effective way than sweating.

Let's brainstorm here for new methods, if they introduce this it would make the game so much more populated, and there is no reason for them not to if we find a good enough reason, if there is one thing we know it is that they love making money off us.

If i udnerstand this corect you are lookign for a new way for MA (new sytem) to earn money and still give small share for the participants.

If this is corect understanding then i think i know why most people seem to missunderstand what you are trying to achieve and start to talk on something else. Becasue you used example of sweating in a bad way (in a way that leads to conclusion you are looking for somethign to help new players). You tried to clarify that later but discusion already started and you made ppl focus on something else than you wanted. Just my observation on this thread.

On topic:
First system that came to my mind: selling part of users CPU for computing purposes.

There are already huge clusters of computers selling their CPU power for calcualtions that need it.

Obviously all EU participants do not have like 1% of one of this kind of clusters but... MA could still sell this and set really competetive price.
Users would have check box (similar to old time "ad-ingame" checkbox) that if they want to share lets say 10-30% of their CPU.
Here i leave MA the option how they should actually "pay back" for checkign this option:
  • either in small share of earned money on selling this CPU power (proportionally to CPU given over time) - seems like best option.
  • increase loot on those who check the box like the old "ad-ingame" (risky for MA and some players will definetly not like this)
  • some sort of loyalty points that can be exchanged for ingame gifts or something (clothes, funy items etc, nothign that would influence market on normal stuff but could be sold for markup ingame).
  • any other form MA could think of ;).

Obviously most important question for MA is: how much money can be made on this and this i can't answer not knowing actual value of CPU power, how much active playerbase MA has and probably few other factors. But hey i am here to give ideas not testing them if they are 100% sure profit ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Excellent contribution Falagor +rep for you.

First system that came to my mind: selling part of users CPU for computing purposes.

There are already huge clusters of computers selling their CPU power for calcualtions that need it.

Obviously all EU participants do not have like 1% of one of this kind of clusters but... MA could still sell this and set really competetive price.
Users would have check box (similar to old time "ad-ingame" checkbox) that if they want to share lets say 10-30% of their CPU.
Here i leave MA the option how they should actually "pay back" for checkign this option:
  • either in small share of earned money on selling this CPU power (proportionally to CPU given over time) - seems like best option.
  • increase loot on those who check the box like the old "ad-ingame" (risky for MA and some players will definetly not like this)
  • some sort of loyalty points that can be exchanged for ingame gifts or something (clothes, funy items etc, nothign that would influence market on normal stuff but could be sold for markup ingame).
  • any other form MA could think of ;).

Obviously most important question for MA is: how much money can be made on this and this i can't answer not knowing actual value of CPU power, how much active playerbase MA has and probably few other factors. But hey i am here to give ideas not testing them if they are 100% sure profit ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Very good idea.

Sorry mate, but third party dodgy adverts to earn a few extra Ped would destroy this game. We have already seen how bad Sometrics was with their paid surveys. Maybe a suble ingame advertisement to earn money for MA, but nothing intrusive.
Arkadia studios got Alienware involved nicely, with the Alienware hoverpods and prizes.
Sweating could be done better if they improved the value of sweat. Either making it more rare or increasing the TT value slightly.

One idea would be based on the Avatars overall health. Say they introduce a system of an overall "Avatar Vibrance" bar along with the Health Bar. The vibrance bar would decay over a week, and unless Vibrant Sweat is consumed the avatar will revert to noob status where skills/attributes have no use. Thus players would need to consume at least 1 bottle per 1 HP per week. This would put demand on sweat, increasing the price and demand. Not bad as a hardcore player with HP300 would buy 300 bottles from a new player, only costly a few Ped, but supporting sweaters. Unfortunately this would not be a popular idea ;)

There are places where you can also donate part of your CPU power time.
Problem is in trust and security and global knoweldge about.

Ok, it is a good idea, sweating is only indirectly making Mindark money (money from other players) , pay per click ingame would create an additional revenue stream from the outside world directly into the game ( as opposed to from other players)

It would have to be and -and.. keep sweating and add an additional pay per click system.

This would make all freebie players depositors.

I have been clicking ads since I started playing this game, I also do payed interviews and it gives me 300 peds extra per month of play. Now I am not really patient, I would never be able to sweat like some sweathogs in this game can. So if they all start clicking adds instead of their sweat tools mk.1 they would make way more ped per month than I do. I used to do all the american "scams" too like adbux. But they aren't around anymore, but many Dutch payed e-mail sites still are, and are expanding their work to facebook.

It's a good idea.

Unfortunately this would not be a popular idea ;)

uh, yep, it would be a highly unpopular idea, but that's not unfortunate. Devaluing skills with a nerf isn't the solution. If it was a temporary debuff instead of a permanent one -- may be more likely possible, but Mindark's never coded things right, so they'd probably just make you loose thousands of dollars spent on skills permanently if they introduced something like this simply because they don't want to spend the extra few dollars on new servers to add new entries in the database for every avatar that exists for the maximum health/minimum health/temporary maximum health/current sweat level, etc. There are refrigerators in game already, and pets eat food, so 'food' for avatars might be possible, but I think it'd be way, way, way too much of a nerf. What happens when poor noobs can't find the fruit to mix with the vibrant sweat and don't own a kitchen stove to mix the two yet? Do they start eating dung?

Extra bars above avatars heads might be funny though... time to pull out the whips and start some taming. ;)

What about cloths with trade Mark....Let say I ware(If I do not equip and do not ware I do not get anything) in game a nice T-shirt (Dior,Dolce&Cabana etc) I get a revenue like from CLD....what about that we could touch other avatars(like huge,hand taking)....I heared ppl married in this game...to make a new profession Priest for married ones...and a Judge for who whants divorce:)D).

Sorry mate, but third party dodgy adverts to earn a few extra Ped would destroy this game. We have already seen how bad Sometrics was with their paid surveys. Maybe a suble ingame advertisement to earn money for MA, but nothing intrusive.
Arkadia studios got Alienware involved nicely, with the Alienware hoverpods and prizes.
Sweating could be done better if they improved the value of sweat. Either making it more rare or increasing the TT value slightly.

One idea would be based on the Avatars overall health. Say they introduce a system of an overall "Avatar Vibrance" bar along with the Health Bar. The vibrance bar would decay over a week, and unless Vibrant Sweat is consumed the avatar will revert to noob status where skills/attributes have no use. Thus players would need to consume at least 1 bottle per 1 HP per week. This would put demand on sweat, increasing the price and demand. Not bad as a hardcore player with HP300 would buy 300 bottles from a new player, only costly a few Ped, but supporting sweaters. Unfortunately this would not be a popular idea ;)

Not to mention how many of those ads can cause worms, virii, etc. This forum itself spread virii in ads on accident a couple of years ago, and next isles site did recently... look at how many bugs eu has... corrupt ads would kill the game. Ppc ad exchanges are very full of tons of stuff thats bad on computers.

Are you guys seriously not reading my post at all?
At this rate of stupid replies I will have to repost this thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BRAINSTORMING A NEW METHOD TO REPLACE OR ADD TO THE SWEATING SYSTEM, TO ALLOW USERS TO EARN MONEY FOR MIND ARK RATHER THAN FROM PLAYERS.

It's a stupid idea, hence the stupid comments. Just give it up

It's a stupid idea, hence the stupid comments. Just give it up

*Has not been in the thread for days*

*Already said he gives up*

I am glad to see some people sharing great ideas though. Prehaps I will remake the topic soon with the best ideas for a proper discussion as it seems most members don't understand. Anyone still focused on the "advertisement" idea is not following what this thread is about, it was just an example suggestion.

And how is making money for MA and getting a share a stupid idea? It is basically what this game is founded upon.

Back