A player named "Bones" likes to troll people

Jenzaieon

Has anyone else noticed this guy? Whenever there are newbies attempting to swunt punys, he turns up and uses a pistol to make every mob in the area lure on him. He then kills them all at once with an explosive.

When a newbie turns round and tells him to stop doing it, he says "there are other places to hunt". We all know that the puny spawn locations are very few and with this idiot going up and down the east of port atlantis with his society mates, it makes it very hard for low ranked players to do anything. He then goes on to say how he has to skill up, even though hunting shinkaba would make more sense as there are more of them more closely packed together and they have better drop rates then punys.

Please mind ark! Put more puny spawn locations in the game so we can just go somewhere else when the idiot bones and his crew of people with nothing better to do turn up!

Please contact support about it

When you contact support, make sure to have a chatlog about such events, screenshots are also good. If you haven't enabled them, please do so in the options, after you can find them in My documents, under Entropia Universe. Support needs proof :)

I've been working on the puny mission a little with my whip, and have seen some activity like that in the area on occassion.

I don't think he's the only one though. It's not really 'kill stealing' if all that they are doing is killing mobs that no one's taken a shot at yet. On the rare occassion that someone does kill steal my mobs, I make sure to take the whip after them. Too bad PA isn't pvp so that it would do damage on them, even if it is only 2 points, lol.

The spawns, even though they are not huge, are pretty easy to follow once you learn where the mobs spawn at. As soon as one mob is killed another one spawns almost immediately.

If you watch the traffic, there's usually some areas that some go that others don't, etc.

I do agree, it would be nice if there were more puny mobs. However, if all you are doing is sweating, and not swunting, you might want to check out Medusa Head, Lindamin or Neas. You can get a lot more pulls of sweat off of the bigger mobs, and the little birds around Medusa don't fight back. Most of the time, they usually end up just running to a hole in the wall and get themselves stuck there. I occassionally go whip up some of the birds around there... if the viper whip can do it with it's measly 2-5 points of damage, I'm sure you can find a weapon to swunt with there. It just takes a little longer to kill the birds than it does to kill the puny since they have a higher health though.

Watch out for bigger mobs outside of the walls of the city though.

Thank you for your kind feedback guys. I thought I was going to get trolled by kids in the forums worse then I do in game.

I have got a video of this guy killing every mob in the area and then gun down any mob I attempt to sweat. I realize it is not kill stealing but if you obliterate everything in an area so there is not one mob left, isn't that just as bad? Worst thing is, after he has done it, as soon as they respawn, he is back to do it all again.

There are a few people that do this but bones is one of the worst, he doesn't care about players around him and when you say something, he just tells you to go somewhere else. When you do, he turns up again! To be honest, a lot of them seem to be from some German soc..... I will find out the exact name of it tonight.

Maybe sweating at the beach is another option for you. There are no Tripudions and the re-spawn is slower, but usually there are not so many players around who interfere with your game play.

isn't that just as bad?

Since he seems to be ruining your gameplay, which is against the terms of use, you can file a support-case for it, even though the whole point of hunting is to kill stuff. Depending on how public you want the video, you could put it on youtube, and send support a link to it, or host it on your own domain and send a link to that.
If it's just a one time-thing, then not a lot will happen, but hopefully when people do bad stuff, others will file support-cases, and that means hopefully abusers will get warnings and/or bans.

Maybe sweating at the beach is another option for you. There are no Tripudions and the re-spawn is slower, but usually there are not so many players around who interfere with your game play.
Also, if you go halfway up the beach toward the north swamp camp, I think there's more dung that shows up out there... or at least that's what it seemed like to me. I think it may be same amount elsewhere, it's just easier to see on the beach since there aren't all those blasted flowers that pop up hiding the fruit, etc. Just be careful to not agro the exo in the area.

The guy sounds like a jerk but there's no rule against hunting.

Buy a marber or similar , and a scope , then hide and shot everymob he runs to,

I used to do that at old Pa , was great fun : )

Just for the record .. it wasnt me :saint:

Bones

The guy sounds like a jerk but there's no rule against hunting.

No rule agains hunting but I'm pretty sure that repeatedly killing mobs that people are sweating would fall under the "disrupting other players gameplay" section of the ELUA.

But yeah just make a support case with screenshots and chat logs and let them deal with it. Some times it takes a few support cases to get them to do anything though.

Just for the record .. it wasnt me :saint:

Bones

Yeah I know this guy wears explorer armor and isn't as high leveled as you (I looked through your pics).

I sent all my screenshots in and a link to a video I am hosting on my server. Im also going to keep a log of when he is online doing this.

I found a new place to swunt. Hardly anyone comes here. The odd person walks past ever now and again but I just stand completely still and they usually go away. Cant wait until my evade is high enough so I can swunt something other than punys -_-

Buy a marber or similar , and a scope , then hide and shot everymob he runs to,

I used to do that at old Pa , was great fun : )
marber may be overdoing it on a 10 HP mob (especially when you miss he will laugh), but generally i had the same idea
most ppl get the point fairly fast

Cant wait until my evade is high enough so I can swunt something other than punys -_-
Just advice - go to Nea's Place and swunt ambus there. You will raise your evade lvl in no time.

Or goto Fort Isis.

Puny and Combibo there, I did not look around to much, but seems ok.
Shame about the trees though, blocking the view of the only 1 side you can run to.

We asked for a flat, open area, and we got a 1 sided area with trees lol, with the other side a medusa building and a humungous cliff.
But it might be a good spot, plus there's a TP to.

Or goto Fort Isis.

Puny and Combibo there, I did not look around to much, but seems ok.
Shame about the trees though, blocking the view of the only 1 side you can run to.

We asked for a flat, open area, and we got a 1 sided area with trees lol, with the other side a medusa building and a humungous cliff.
But it might be a good spot, plus there's a TP to.

Thanks, I might check that place out.

Dr3w, isnt that suicide? You do realize im sweating mobs then shooting them right? I dont think id be able to solo do this at neas. Those things ate me alive last time I was there XD

Dr3w, isnt that suicide? You do realize im sweating mobs then shooting them right? I dont think id be able to solo do this at neas. Those things ate me alive last time I was there XD

12 player teams can easily kill an Ambulimax with unamplified Opalos.
Just shout in the local chat channel something like this: "forming a dmg stack share swunt team, opalo, cb5, or equivalent - come and join @ tp".

I am the one guy that was with Bones when this happened. I am "Captain Cheech Maddog". I still consitter myself a noob. I am only 27k skills.

I myself like to hunt puny in a private area because the areas around port atlantis are busy. I am not sure if Jenzaieon knows there are lots of puny near the mall exit from port atlantis before you get to the south swamp camp.

We like to hunt by the north swamp camp on the beach. We are trying to complete both our puny iron missions.

We were minding our own business and there was nobody on the beach. Jenzaieon came up in a race car saying that we are stealing all of his puny. He was calling us cuss names. He called me gay. I am not gay. The only thing I can be accused of is trying to spawn my ships ontop of his head. I was wrong in that part.

I used to hunt the beach before Bones became part of my soc. I have only known him a few weeks but he never stole any of my mobs on purpose. The mob might have been argoed by the other mobs walking by. Bones is nice to all the noobs on the beach and he even heals them. He heals me all the time. There is another player that I know that has been on the beach somewhat and he never has a problem with Bones. His name is Chances Bender. I have seen some people time to time. When the beach gets busy he usually slows down. This area of the beach there is usually nobody around. The mob spawns just as quick as you kill it. Even with him running up and down the beach killing all the mobs its never more than 100 meters to the next spawned mob. On a rare occation the beach will be empty for a minute but it respawns quick.

You do not own a mob until you start attacking it. Yes I do get upset if someone steals my mob that I was sweatting. However I never have seen Bones just outright steal someones mobs on purpose.

I just dont think he knows there are other areas around port atlantis.

Will

I am the one guy that was with Bones when this happened. I am "Captain Cheech Maddog". I still consitter myself a noob. I am only 27k skills.

I myself like to hunt puny in a private area because the areas around port atlantis are busy. I am not sure if Jenzaieon knows there are lots of puny near the mall exit from port atlantis before you get to the south swamp camp.

We like to hunt by the north swamp camp on the beach. We are trying to complete both our puny iron missions.

We were minding our own business and there was nobody on the beach. Jenzaieon came up in a race car saying that we are stealing all of his puny. He was calling us cuss names. He called me gay. I am not gay. The only thing I can be accused of is trying to spawn my ships ontop of his head. I was wrong in that part.

I used to hunt the beach before Bones became part of my soc. I have only known him a few weeks but he never stole any of my mobs on purpose. The mob might have been argoed by the other mobs walking by. Bones is nice to all the noobs on the beach and he even heals them. He heals me all the time. There is another player that I know that has been on the beach somewhat and he never has a problem with Bones. His name is Chances Bender. I have seen some people time to time. When the beach gets busy he usually slows down. This area of the beach there is usually nobody around. The mob spawns just as quick as you kill it. Even with him running up and down the beach killing all the mobs its never more than 100 meters to the next spawned mob. On a rare occation the beach will be empty for a minute but it respawns quick.

You do not own a mob until you start attacking it. Yes I do get upset if someone steals my mob that I was sweatting. However I never have seen Bones just outright steal someones mobs on purpose.

I just dont think he knows there are other areas around port atlantis.

Will
well atlest you dont cuss and write camly so i trust you :3

There are plenty of punies directly N of PA.
They don't respawn thaaat quickly, so you have to move a bit to stay busy.

However, it's not worth argueing over some punies - there is always someone shooting yours, and i am quite sure i shot someone elses there, too: PA building can cause a lot of lag at times.

The punies "belong" to those who move fastest to the next, simple as that - just look where the guy is moving and go hunt in a different direction.

In Reply to Accusation

Has anyone else noticed this guy? Whenever there are newbies attempting to swunt punys, he turns up and uses a pistol to make every mob in the area lure on him. He then kills them all at once with an explosive.

When a newbie turns round and tells him to stop doing it, he says "there are other places to hunt". We all know that the puny spawn locations are very few and with this idiot going up and down the east of port atlantis with his society mates, it makes it very hard for low ranked players to do anything. He then goes on to say how he has to skill up, even though hunting shinkaba would make more sense as there are more of them more closely packed together and they have better drop rates then punys.

Please mind ark! Put more puny spawn locations in the game so we can just go somewhere else when the idiot bones and his crew of people with nothing better to do turn up!

First off - The way i hunt really shouldn't be a issue to you.
2. If you have a issue with someone useing foul language is not the proper way to communicate to people.
3. U should have posted "When I turn around and call the guy a A**H***" so that everyone reading this understands that is what happened to start this off. I had left 2 mob close to you
4. I was hunting that area and you showed up. HUGE diffrence there.
5. There are plenty just over the ridge and theres a mass quantity of them there also. There are only maybe 10-15 on that beach at any given moment. mixed with Combibo and Exarosaur.
6. They respawn so quick i dont even understand what your complaint is about.
7. You calling others who didnt have anything to do with the issue names is also not called for.
8. If you dont like the way i hunt then stay out of the area if you see me there. Its just that simple.
9. You cant all ways get what you want. LOL
10. Speak for your self. There are many newbies I communicate with down there. I heal most of them when i can (except YOU!)

And thats all i need to say on this issue.

P.S. its Gremlin not Explorer

As for that other poster who thinks im a jerk. Your truly mistaken.
I think Jenzaieon likes to complain about things cuz he want it his way.
I did nothing to hinder the game play of others however i can state that some of the newbies dont understand the politices of the game.

John "Bones" Wales

Last edited:
Well, he got you to the forums :)

Welcome.

Also, ekg98 joined in 2007, and this is his 1st post, belated welcome to you :)

As to the punies, not worth fighting over, theres loads around, and they spawn quick.

First of all, it's not allowed to mention the names of -in your eyes- wrong doers. This can and will damage the reputation of a person over a personal dispute.

Second, what you describe happens a lot, all the time. You should have seen the daik hunting ground east of PA when they introduced the iron missions. It was a fight over every daik around. So MA eventually turned up the spawn. It happens. Since mobs are of nobody's personal possession, everybody is free to hunt as they like. People who shout about bans should be banned themselves for wanting other people to be banned just cuz they don't like the playing style.

Yes, you can't interfere with somebody's ability to have fun. But this is so subjective. I like to grind as many mobs as fast as I can, as do many others. And yes, sometimes you accidentally shoot a mob which has already been tagged. Learn to live with that. Kindly ask the person to look a little better next time. But don't start calling names. Seen it happen today near solfais crater. 2 little kids fighting over nothing, making threads about how they will send support cases with printscreens etc etc. Jeezz grow up!

Like a little schoolkid whining at the teacher that the boys are picking on him. So sad.

Back