A plea...

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
My family needs your thoughts and prayers... one of our cocker spaniel puppies Nikko is ill and I'm afraid we could be losing him. We are doing a test this afternoon that will hopefully confirm something that is at least manageable. He is one of our sweet boys that does not deserve what is going on with him. Worst of all, today is his birthday.. he turned 4.

I ask those dog lovers among us to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We are taking it especially hard.

I may be online from time to time, but invisible. Just trying to keep my mind off of it for the time being. I apologize if I don't respond.

Update 1 - 4/21/2015 @ 5:30pm

I'm told the biopsy will take 2-3 days.I wish we had known that from the start. They saw intestines that were really inflamed with ulcerative bleeding. We know he has low albumin and has a lot of fluid build up. The thinking is that he has intestinal lymphangiectasia, which can be managed with steroids. I am hesistant to start him on steroids but 2-3 days is a long time to wait.

Last edited:
Thoughts to you and yours - a tough thing to go through indeed

Having a Springer I can feel your pain. Thoughts are with you and little Nikko xx

Aww poor pup, be strong little Nikko!

If he is at home try and keep your mood positive for him, he will feel your vibes.

We have a cocker too, such great wee dogs. Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.

Mine and my girlfriends thoughts go out to you, hope everything will work out for your little friend. Keep us updated if you can please.

My prayers are with you guys.

Wishing him the best...hope he is ok.

Hope all is well

Hope all goes well for him mate. Our animals are like children to some of us and know it can be tough. Stay strong mate

Last update posted.

Supposed to talk to our primary vet to help us make sense of this in the morning.

I know what your feeling mate.

We lost our little buddy earlier this year,its never easy.

Hope it all works out for the little fella..

Last edited:
Pets become part of your family and as this year has been rough for us, I feel your worry and stress.

Hang in there, and wishing you and the little guy the best.

I'm not a big dog fan, though I love them all the same. I just had to put down one of my cats yesterday, and I'll admit, I cried like a baby for several hours. Even now, I'm just not the same.

Your pets are your family, so when one gets sick, or heaven forbid dies, you lose a piece of your soul.

My hopes are with you and your family.

Waiting on biopsy results.. hopefully today. he isn't getting more anemic but we are starting him on a liquid force feed to get more calories in him.

He is getting worse and I'm afraid were going to have to make some tough decisions today. The biopsy results are critical atm.

My wife and I aren't taking it well. I've lost 12lb so far.. neither one if us are eating and barely making it through work (well I'm not).

Waiting on biopsy results.. hopefully today. he isn't getting more anemic but we are starting him on a liquid force feed to get more calories in him.

He is getting worse and I'm afraid were going to have to make some tough decisions today. The biopsy results are critical atm.

My wife and I aren't taking it well. I've lost 12lb so far.. neither one if us are eating and barely making it through work (well I'm not).
I can only tell you to keep your strength up! It's not easy. :(

Good luck LT
Hope everything works out good

We lost our boy today. He had lymphoma. He didnt deserve it.. our souls will forever be torn by losing him. He was the sweetest dog you would ever meet... always playful, giving affection until the end.

Nikko 2011-2015.

:(.....................

So sorry :(

I can relate to your pain, as two very dear pets of mine also passed away at a young age. But they were one of those blessings that was better to have for a short time than not at all.

Treasure the memories of a short but joyous life. He will then forever have a place in your heart. :hug:

So sorry to hear that. Been through similar experiences, it is terrible. Best wishes to you and your family.

Really sorry for your loss, poor little fella.

Sorry to hear that *hughs*

So very sorry to see that Nikko didn't make it. Treasure the memories. In time they will make you smile xx

Back