A Request for the Power of This Community!

thanks

Thanks for understanding and being there as a player as well. I just started playing this game a month ago and never heard of the new VU. Then it happened and I've been without the game I really started to get into. I know it'll get better, just don't know how long. Anyways the timing is bad, but i know the deadline is like 2 weeks away. So you really are right on time for that. I'm just still new and frustrated to where I can't even think about supporting the games future right now while my present enjoyment is gone. This community is awesome and that is something that has kept me coming back. Let's just hope MA realizes that and gives back. I don't know maybe give me (and/or us) another week, mabye we will be in a better place then.

thanks

Thanks for the explanation. Your notebook may go faster with 4 gigabytes instead of the upgrade you mentioned. :)

At least I washed them! :wtg:

Could you instead help us so we can help you? There are always going to be whiners, and there are always going to be cheerleaders, but there may not always be customers.

A VERY good businessman once said "You don't go to war with your customers." I know that MA is not intentionally waging war on us (YOUR CUSTOMERS!) but we have to fight for so much that should be taken for granted in an RCE, and we still don't receive 1/10th of what is promised.

Mindark has a fantastic resource from which to draw: your customers, us. We are patient, reasonable, and thoughtful (exceptions granted). We are, I believe, far more exemplifying these traits than any other online gaming community, yet for all our efforts, we see few results, and ever shrinking prospects.

We are frustrated and a bit weary of the cycle. We continually see positive aspects of the game moved, and negative ones installed. We ask for very reasonable assistance, and the only response we get is that "the issue has been forwarded to our support team."

If this were a bricks and mortar bank, and the bank psident came out and said "we hold no responsability for random disappearances of your funds, come back in one month to see our renovations." the customers would riot, have the staff arrested, and take their money to another bank.

As it stands, there is no other RCE structured the way EU is, but should that be an excuse to display blatant disregard for your CUSTOMERS (YES WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS DAMNIT!) in the interrim?

Now we give credit where credit is due, and Marco has at least shown a modicum of desire to listen to the CUSTOMERS and address our grievances, but we haven't seen any results yet, aside from the shiny new marble floors in the bank.

The wow factor only lasts so long before the CUSTOMERS realize that it's not their floor, and their savings haven;t just been randomly disappearing. Even less time when half the CUSTOMERS find themselves falling through invisible trap doors into underground moats as soon as they try to enter.

So you want cheerleaders now? We'll give you all the cheerleaders you can stand, but you have to give us an open dialogue, and some results, marble floors aside, first. Perhaps some of the ladies among us might even show you their pom poms, but for God's sake, stop with the ballwashing.

Asking us to vote is one thing.

Asking us to vote and requesting which way we should vote is another thing.

Asking us to vote a certain way while we are still wrestling with the issues of people being able to play or log in at ALL is, as some say, a bit presumptuous...

Also, it is typically frowned upon to approach a widow at her husband's funeral and say "Can I have his stuff?".

;)

If you want votes you have to get them the time honored way: buy them.

Hello everyone and thanks for posting in this thread and being involved whether you love me/MA/FPC or hate me/MA/FPC. Here's what I have to say right now...

First off, I understand in retrospect that it is unique moment to be asking for your help with this, given that we're in the middle of the biggest VU ever and experiencing all the issues that go with an undertaking like that. I understand that people are all over the place about it. Some people are stoked on the new look and having fun already and some people are pissed off and can't even log in. I admit that I had to overnight some more memory to myself for my 2006 laptop so I could get in with any kind of style. It cost me well under $100 to go from 1Meg to 4Megs, though. I was very frustrated for a moment. So, I appreciate everyone who is interested at all. Those of you who are angry and upset are clearly committed to Entropia or you wouldn't care. So, I thank you for your willingness to engage and to beat me up in the process. I know you wouldn't kick my a$$ all over the map if it didn't matter to you! :eyecrazy:
That said. the timing isn't up to me. I am living into a bright and exciting future and this conference doesn't happen until March 12th, 2010. +Rep to JaKst3r for noticing! I promise we'll have this stuff worked out before then! However, the panels are being chosen right now, by people voting on the Internet. So, we can either be there, or be irrelevantized by our own infighting. It's a really important and excellent conference and I am committed to getting us there. I believe the VU issue is a momentary problem we're working through.
As for the topics, yes, they're controversial and I didn't give you much info about what I will say. That's cause I don't know fully yet. I will have a lot of new, interesting and different information to share by the time the conference comes around, so I am only trying to give an idea of the direction I am going. The actual content is still being lived out and I will finalize what I have to say a lot closer to the date I actually say it.
And, about the land grab... I think it surprised everyone how it turned out. I am very adamant about having newcomers be able to win things, and I like the idea of contests among peers being available so I advocate for that whenever possible. I don't make the final decisions and choices for FPC, but I have some influence so talk to me nicely and I will see what I can do. If you're disappointed about something, or have ideas for making things better share them and you will be heard. Maybe not implemented, but there are a lot of factors that go into the final choices FPC and MA make and it's a never ending story! Thanks for putting my feet to the fire, lavawalker. I mean to keep it real, for sure.
Bottom line is that we have a successful, fun, amazing, ground-breaking, trend setting, wonderful, fantastic and extraordinary thing here because of all of YOU who PARTICIPATE. "It's the community, stoopid!" Right? So, know that I think of you all the time and I thank you every day. I may not post a lot, but I make my own contributions.
Finally, I say: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

JKB

Why couldn't you have written this for starters??
Ohhh if I vote do I get full sup and a landarea btw?

if you want votes you have to get them the time honored way: buy them.

I like the sound of that... ehhm i'll have a mod fap, Aimk2, full sup and ohhh yeah a vu that don't crash after 4min uptime....

All I want is perhaps atleast level off my assets to the TT value of what I have deposited. And now that I need a new PC hopefully i'll get the tower i've been mining for for so long! never had a find more than 85ped ever and that was my only global. Oops going a little offtopic lol

John, answer me this one, honestly. Do you really want an influx of new players trying out EU for the first time NOW? I saw a noobs in PA last night begging for ped, being told by passers-by to piss off. Now THERE'S a great first impression. And I felt bad for him too because really, what else was there for him to do???

Cool you asked for help as it's a big deal, no prob, all thumbs up.

But i actually hate to see we're kinda being documented like mice in a maze with more traps then cheese.
Can you fix some food now? :D

John, answer me this one, honestly. Do you really want an influx of new players trying out EU for the first time NOW? I saw a noobs in PA last night begging for ped, being told by passers-by to piss off. Now THERE'S a great first impression. And I felt bad for him too because really, what else was there for him to do???

EXACTLY ! +rep

The only thing I hope is that this is not the 'biggest' marketing MA has up their sleeves, because marketing is crucial.

Withuot proper marketing you will never get into the fastlane
(look at blizzard as just an example)

@Sledgehammer
Totally agree!
It is a shame because we have allot of good and nice mentors I assume, but begging is really nasty so people get cranky, but for noobs there is indeed not uch to do then just seeing a snadbox chat box.
It takes long vision and quite some effort to make it passed the first few 'weeks'
All forums on Inet are filled with noobs, :"tried it, it sucked, you had to sweat, or to expensive"

So for the viral marketing part.. get to work!:p

The time it takes to make this noob to understand how you make a trade between avatars is just about when i crash... darn no ped for the noob!!! :(

Those of you who are angry and upset are clearly committed to Entropia or you wouldn't care. So, I thank you for your willingness to engage and to beat me up in the process. I know you wouldn't kick my a$$ all over the map if it didn't matter to you! :eyecrazy:

Damn straight, it is because we care.

That said. the timing isn't up to me. I am living into a bright and exciting future and this conference doesn't happen until March 12th, 2010.

Bright and exciting future is one thing, and I applaud you for your excitement & energy. But try and keep things real when you promote Entropia, your energy is great, at the same time, you take things a little overboard - Much like a kid in a candy store telling the owner that you would like to buy all the candies that have not arrived off the delivery truck yet and won't for some time.

It's a really important and excellent conference and I am committed to getting us there. I believe the VU issue is a momentary problem we're working through.

Correct, this will pass too, just like every other issue in the past has.

This however is not where the current anger & frustration stems from for many in the community - The customers would like to see MindArk start to grow and evolve in the way they handle their business:

- Their logic and approach in applying this logic.
- Their foresight and consideration to cause and effect in what they do
- Their quality check procedures, an improvement here is in real need.
- A support department with a clue to help in transitions if it is not asking to much.

As for the topics, yes, they're controversial and I didn't give you much info about what I will say. That's cause I don't know fully yet. I will have a lot of new, interesting and different information to share by the time the conference comes around, so I am only trying to give an idea of the direction I am going. The actual content is still being lived out and I will finalize what I have to say a lot closer to the date I actually say it.

Fair call, naturally, these things take time, at least there is some proper thought going into it before hand and not done on the fly like the last time (prior linked media promotion) - Or maybe you were so caught up on the excitement of the moment ?

Thanks for putting my feet to the fire, lavawalker. I mean to keep it real, for sure.

I am glad your looking to keep it real. It will work wonders, a change in the dynamics in the way you approach the media is required - Energy & enthusiasm for sure, yet keeping it real will set the correct level of expectations and will avoid disappointment. (In essence, out with the old approach, in with the new keeping it real as one can to maintain respect.)

Ofc mention what is in the pipeline for the future - But don't make it sound like it will be delivered next week or next month - Avoid that please ;)

Save yourself from the egg on the face mate - It is not worth it. People will respect you more if they feel you have been honest with them in what has been said.

Like I said to MS9, your probably a great guy to meet and to get to know.
She is a really good judge of character, so I am sure I am not far off in saying that. I am glad you didn't take it to heart - It is to invoke thought and not conflict :)

Bottom line is that we have a successful, fun, amazing, ground-breaking, trend setting, wonderful, fantastic and extraordinary thing here because of all of YOU who PARTICIPATE. "It's the community, stoopid!" Right? So, know that I think of you all the time and I thank you every day. I may not post a lot, but I make my own contributions.

And this we do thank you for, and I am sure moreso as time goes on - But please, drink less red cordial before going on air. (Just being a smartarse ;))

Last edited:
I read the very first post of John, clicked on the sxsw and voted for him.
then I started reading all the replies and arguments of the others... So I was asking myself "why did I vote??".. I its just like staying in game after seeing another baby atrox giving some 20k ped hof while knowing that loot for the rest of the day gonna be crappy.. I guess this is called "hope" :banghead:

I read the very first post of John, clicked on the sxsw and voted for him.
then I started reading all the replies and arguments of the others... So I was asking myself "why did I vote??".. I its just like staying in game after seeing another baby atrox giving some 20k ped hof while knowing that loot for the rest of the day gonna be crappy.. I guess this is called "hope" :banghead:

Sometimes I think we hope almost too much just because the possibility is there. Like the lottery, the possibility is there but chances are you won't be the lucky one.

Asking us to vote is one thing.

Asking us to vote and requesting which way we should vote is another thing.

Asking us to vote a certain way while we are still wrestling with the issues of people being able to play or log in at ALL is, as some say, a bit presumptuous...

Also, it is typically frowned upon to approach a widow at her husband's funeral and say "Can I have his stuff?".

;)

If you want votes you have to get them the time honored way: buy them.

Bring back the voting terminals :)

I am very adamant about having newcomers be able to win things, and I like the idea of contests among peers being available so I advocate for that whenever possible. I don't make the final decisions and choices for FPC, but I have some influence so talk to me nicely and I will see what I can do.

When will we be able to hear from someone who does make decisions and who is able to skip spinning and marketing part in order to enhance the Power of This Community?

Over the years, things developed in a certain direction, making too many ordinary participants bitter and unhappy. Were those who do make decisions there to give some serious answers? You tell us... as a representative/affiliate of those who have no intention to communicate openly with this community.

Last edited:
Sledgy, it's not for months!

The voting is now! The conference and all the coverage and new players won't be until March of 2010! So, you're right, no marketing this minute, but this is always in motion and we are planning now for tomorrow...

JKB

The voting is now! The conference and all the coverage and new players won't be until March of 2010! So, you're right, no marketing this minute, but this is always in motion and we are planning now for tomorrow...

JKB

How about you stop planning for tomorrow, and fix the problems we have right now. I mean you guys are working on new content when the POS we are playing right now is in beta if not alpha.

If I'm able to log in before the deadline for voting, I will do so. After todays patch I am still unable to resume my explorations of post Typhon Calypso..

JKB

If I cast any vote at all, it will be in a forum where my vote can affect change WITHIN the Entropia Universe. So tell me, how will voting for EU in SxSW affect our ability to succeed, or even successfully log in, for that matter?

P.S. March 2010...vu10.2?

Last edited:
it's a shame you dont see it?

Marketing is the key for succes promotion will lead to more of almost everything and less of certain things.. think about it, either way it will be good for you in the long run

it's a shame you dont see it?

Marketing is the key for succes promotion will lead to more of almost everything and less of certain things.. think about it, either way it will be good for you in the long run

I'll start thinking about adding new people in 2010 when I see MA doing something to stem the losses of heavy depositors in 2009. Perhaps without a soapbox to preach to the new customers, they will focus on making the old ones happy, or at least a reasonable facsimile of happy.

Edit: In fact, John, if you manage that feat, iI'll meet you at the next event held in the mid-atlantic region myself and preach right alongside you. Deal?

ah yeah guess you are right..

I see now also when new commers arive, well then people come and go, being just a number.

I feel the importance of the community at this stage, when all things go smootly there is not much value at the community anymore.
Holding them in is not that hard with this concept and the power to release nice items.
Old players should be rewarded I think, they made it possible, no one else.

Well I am one of the people who can't play the game now, and I have invested a lot (for me, maybe not for some) in a game that I never imagined I would. We all knew there would be bugs and it would not be perfect. I don't think crucifying JB is going to get us anywhere, he does not PROGRAM this VU for us. He did not tell them to release the game in the current state...I don't understand why JB gets crucified when he has nothing to do with the release. Maybe if your concerns get voiced in a positive and professional manner then maybe things would happen?

Did you ever think that the way we react now may be the reason that we don't see more posts from MA officials? Why would they want to get crucified for making a post? Everyone bitches about not getting any communication from MA|FPC...and honestly if I worked for them I would not want to talk to you guys either.

B) One of the "features" of this manipulation is that we haven't seen a modfap, a piece of shadow, or an impmk2 (hell even a drop of tiger or jag armor would have been nice) in how many years now?

Well Sledge...please know what you are talking about before you make yourself look stupid.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/156408-equus-wearing-some-fancy-gloves.html (Jag gloves dropped on 7/10/2009)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/150607-shadow-thigh.html (shadow thighs dropped on 5/3/2009)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/144604-silent-uber.html (jag harness 2/26/2009)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/4/2/2/20090427124117.jpg (not a mod fap but still...I remember hearing of some dropping some months ago)

Anyways, moral of the story is...look before you leap.

.... 2 YEARS of testing/preparation ... and still in "newborn-phase" !!

Well - sorry but no wonder PE/EU has (and has had for long time) a bad rep. among MMORPG sites. Not only will this "lack" probably keep off a lot of new "customers" ..but also in the end lose a lot of the old ones.
There are other "games" who work perfectly well (and even with less "requirements") more ppl. able to play. And if ppl. miss/want the "gambling" part .. they can join a ton of casino´s online. PROBLEM SOLVED.
NO .. because many ppl. (like myself) have put money and AGES of time in this our alternate LIFE. ... just to see it turn more and more into "barbie-style" ... gameplay and reward getting worse for each update.

To me we could still be playing in VGA style ... if only the game-concept was good enough. The concept of "working" your way up in similar IRL style has gone - long gone. One part I really enjoyed when I landed in old PE more than 4 years ago. Today its either "get lucky hit BIG ATH" ... or deposit XXXXX PED ..and start earning. ... Loot is for most tt-stuffed oil hides etc. - mining often low % stuff .. and lotsa NRF (dead claims) etc. - not to mention crafting where u need to go to lvl 3-4 stuff to just get something u can sell (i.e. jesters - early mining gear) is simply just for skilling/hoffing .. or getting residue.
*sigh* .... really really miss old times PE

I have to agree with Brute!!! I am a middle skilled player and it seems that most of my highly skilled players are selling there stuff!! They don't like it. and for the advertising of the game, will the best advertising a company can have is word of mouth!!!!

now don't get me wrong and most will laugh i work for APPLE cpu tech, and when my coworkers come up to me talking about a new game they found that can be ran with a apple system i always say."damn if your that excited about that game you should check out Entropia Universe!" Now i am a little unfaithful to my own words and ask ya what game is that, what type of graphics?

I was so excited to hear of this VU but since i have been able to log in(had to buy more RAM) and see i am not so excited I hate the fact that when it is night time it really is! Now i thought we would be able to see a little bit at night but even with my options set to medium(puter lags if i set to high) i still have night blindness!!

My 2 pecs is fix the problems before everyone starts to leave!!!!

Did you ever think that the way we react now may be the reason that we don't see more posts from MA officials? Why would they want to get crucified for making a post?

:eyecrazy:

Everything would probably be much better if MA/FPC served their community on their own forum with obligation to answer legitimate questions properly and in public from the very beginning. We essentially dont have a proper community (for paying customers, at least) as no one is obligated to give articulate answers on 3rd party forum.
Is that the root of rage maybe?

If I'm able to log in before the deadline for voting, I will do so. After todays patch I am still unable to resume my explorations of post Typhon Calypso..

:mad: I miss my M8!!! Please someone fix him and let him log into game!!!!

Back