A sad day in EU history

hooters

Stalker
Society
Dark Hunters Inc.
Sexymom Hooters Hoots
Hello everybody,

The time has come to inform everybody that the society named Boar Hunters (BH) is just about dead and should be disbanded shortly.

I would just like to share with you all a little bit of information about this society and thank some people for the wonderful time I have had and so many others have had.

Boar Hunters was started on 2003-04-11 by Tira Vickers Kira aided by Tech Steele Raines and K-Rock. By the date of creation, you can see it is one of the older societies ingame… Vickers was very determined to make the society run in an orderly fashion and made sure everything went smoothly. Boar Hunters was a very difficult society to get into, like many other societies out there. The way to get in there was to be referred to by someone already in the society. Basically, if you were a friend of someone in the society or one of us thought you could be valuable, we would talk to Vickers and arrange for her to see you…

As the years went by, our society became better and better. We were in the top 50 societies (can’t remember where but I think we reached rank #28) and everything was going well. But, as a lot of people have seen over the years, people in Entropia can disappear without ever really knowing what is going on and this is what happened to Vickers. Later on in 2005, we heard she was having real life problems and we did not know if she would ever come back. Things kept on going as normal, except for the simple fact that our leader was not there… Months went by and people in the society needed to talk to Vickers but she was no where to be found and this was starting to take its toll on some members of the society. Some people left because they wanted to move on to new things, some moved on because they move around a lot and some just became inactive due to real life work or other reasons.

Well, there was nothing much we could do… The society was dwindling down to basically only a few active members. Our society, during this year wasn’t very active considering we are all part of the working class and work 8 hours per day or more and have no time for Entropia. Things became stable over the past few months… We had maybe 6 or 7 partially active members. Though, one more moved on and we started thinking. We couldn’t hold Boar Hunters together anymore considering we would never know when Vickers would come back… We started thinking about our options and the only thing we wanted was for all the active BH to be together! Then another member left and panic mode was on in the society and we knew the end was drawing near. Steele and K-Rock searched hard to find a society that would accept a few members more in their society and we ended up getting accepted by Dark Hunters Inc. (thanks guys).

Boar Hunters was and will always remain in my heart. Two years being with them is a long time. We have grown very close and we consider each other as family. Without them, I would be out of PE along time ago. When I first joined BH, I was in a vulnerable stage of my PE career. First society I joined was AF-RFC, which I ended up leaving after several months and then I joined Method Of Mayhem (MoM), which disbanded. I then met for the first time, Vickers and Ace Durlmar. Instantly, she saw that I had potential and decided to bring me hunting. So, Ace, Vickers and I were hunting and we got a global. A few minutes after, she asked me if I needed a society and it only took me a few minutes to make a decision. Ever since that day, I have had many beautiful memories and stories that I will remember for a long time.

Before joining Boar Hunters, there is this ritual in which you have to meet everyone before you can join, which is sometimes difficult. But, I ended up meeting everyone and got integrated really quickly.

I can remember when BH was at its peak. We were doing a lot of team hunting and it was great!

Boar Hunters was recognized by Mindark as being a society that has contributed a lot to the game and this is why they introduced Boar Armor. You might ask: “How do you know it was named because of your society?” Well, simple, several support cases were sent when news of the armor came and support stated that it was in part due to our society’s contribution to the game.

Before I finish this long post, I have many people to thank for having so many wonderful memories. First off, Ace Durlmar and Vickers, if I hadn’t met you guys that day, I may have never joined that society and maybe I wouldn’t be around today. I would like to thank K-Rock and Steele for being so cool and for being strong rocks holding up the society for so long. Trixi (who is also gone somewhere), thanks for being so nice and working to tailor clothes for us with such a passion. I’d like to thank Wingman, Tig, SnakeEye, Thor, Loop, Immortal and Peatie for being part of the society, hunting with me and helping to make the society an even better place to come relax at after work. I’d like to give a special thanks to Mya and Fafner whom I haven’t seen in awhile and hope you guys one day come back to Entropia and come have fun! I’d like to thank Nea, Rave, Senderan and Slate who have helped make my stay at BH even more fun and brought lots of memories to remember for the rest of my life! I’d also like to thank all the remaining Boar Hunters, who have stuck around to try and keep the society running for as long as we could. And to NM and Commodore we have had some good times and it will continue in the new society that we are in :).

It is a sad thing to see an old society get disbanded because you grow so attached to people, but the time has come. Who knows, maybe Boar Hunters will be reborn one day. Thanks to everybody who have helped make BH a total success and you will always be remembered by me and hopefully the rest of the people who have been part of the society and even those who have not been part. Sorry for the long post people, but that felt good ;). Well, that’s about it, good luck to all those who were in BH and we will see what the future of Entropia reserves for us!

Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye (Sorry, watched Remember The Titans last night – Love that movie)

P.S: Not looking for any sympathy votes, just wanted to let people know what was going on.

Each Boar Hunter has there own experience of BH. Mine was feeling very noob, being accepted after having run round and met each and every member, my sponsor was Nea (who I regard as a good friend). BH was my first soc, and there was a time, when I expected it would be the last.

As hoots has said, Boar Hunters have been known to many Entropians as an old and respected society. What is not seen however, is the internal situation. For a long time BH has been stagnant, with too much lead in our pants in the form of inactives. Due to a bug with the society, the acting leader Steele, was unable to fully control the society. While we are all grateful that he continued this task, without reward of the title, the soc was doomed to slowly crumble.

One of the greatest legacies of BH, is that our members have gone on far and wide, M2S, DNA and DHI are a few of the socs that are now home to acorns that fell from BH. I hope that these members, whenever they left, post something here, as they are forever part the memory that was appreciated by each of us at various points.

Dark Hunters Inc. has welcomed the ex-BH members with arms wide-open. I've already had the pleasure of a soc hunt at CP dome 4, with some 7+ globals (lost count). Getting to know such a lively soc over the coming months will be interesting.

I hope that I'll be seeing more of the ex BH, esp. those I used to hunt with. It will be interesting to see how our paths cross in the future.

As I sit here writing this, I notice in the fading light my arms are bright red, I look outside to see a spectacular sunset, tomorrow will indeed be a better day.

Last edited:
I remember the nice times I had at BH, thx guys!!! and good luck in the future, have fun.

all the best to u :grouphug:

It's obvious and well known that the Boar Hunters is an old and respected society. It's sad when these societies break up, as people become inactive, and are busy in real life.

All is not lost though... It's great to have you in the Dark Hunters Inc. and i know i can speak for us all, when i say we hope to build a good relationship with you all, that you once had together with the others in BH.

Welcome to DHI :cool:

Sad to see such an old and upstanding society disolve :(

I always remember considering BH one of the most prestigious socs in PE.

A sad day indeed, but it has becomed more and more rare to see a BH wandering around, beeing active. So its no shock. However ofc it would be wonderful if it just suddenly got active again, but I suppose it wont happen, and its time for changes. I myself looked up to BH when I started out, and have therefore always had respect for that society as many else had. I wish all members good luck in the future, and hope the societies you join will hold the same standard, if not even better. GL all, and RIP Boar Hunters.

well i guess its a R.I.P... i remenber some boar hunters fokes all nice ppl ... :(

a sad day indeed :(

i have vivid memorys of being a fresh noob and running accross to nymph, but i got lost and got stuck at a outpost couth of caravan. A larger than life boar hunter dude came out and had a chat (1st person i met who didnt want a disciple or to sell something) and then he gave me a couple of armor parts
it was a couple of years ago, but always gave me the impression of a great and noble soc

calypso will miss BH

you can find some of the old BH player in their second life.

Boar Hunters always had nice ppl within its ranks. Mya, Llando and K-Rock were always fun and helpful the first two being drawn away to play second life.

Sad to hear about a soc i respected going down my condolences to the society but gratz on the members that managed to find a good home elsewhere.

Always an shame to see an good society be broken up / Disbanded !

I have always had respect for BH

Fresh blood is the keyword. If no-one steps up to take over the leaders role, then eventually things like this happen.

Pity to see it though.
In EU the players and the societies they are in make the history, at least more then MA does. And that's what you have been doing Boar Hunters, be proud on that and good luck IRL and/or in your new societies!!

Ever since societies played a significat role in EU/PE, Boar Hunters was a society with a history and respectful and long time participants. Sad to see it disolving.

I'd say....far from dead and buried!

It seems like the both ends of extremes on PE, the worst of worse (like scammers etc.) and what is best and worth to remember (like the things said in this thread), they both tend to surface here on EntropiaForums....

So noobs like me may not be able to find anything of Boar Hunters while browsing the soc.terminal in future, but like I said, it's far from dead and buried...

Every hunter/miner wearing Boar Armor is a living reminder, of a soc once so great and respected to have it's name and fame, reserved for the rest of us to remember with that unique manner.... very few player/soc have had that honour from MA!

And have to say... the soc is not remembered only by it's name, but mainly by the players that were known as Boar Hunters... you brought a major part of it with you when you came to the Dark Hunters Inc.
Good spirit, great humour, vast experience and knowledge of this game...and what an attitude! And that has gone nowhere!

So, no worries.... there are many players that have good memories of Boar Hunters as a soc and of those players who were lucky enough to be called with that name! Interesting months to come inside DHI... with Boar Hunters!

(Sorry for possible spelling errors etc...foreing language to me)

Yes it is sad indeed that such a good and respected society fall apart bit by bit. I was a member of Boar Hunters for over 1 year and i can say that it was the best year so far since i joinend PE for 2,5 years ago.
I belive i was the last member who got the ritual to join and even if i still have nightmares from it I would not had missed it for the world.
Thanks to all the members from BH for an wonderfull experience in my journey through PE. I want to give my special thanks to 2 persons, the first is Brastens Senderan Funkaros for being the one who helped my joining BH, and another special thanks to Tech Steele Raines for all the job he did trying to keep BH together. I must say that it might not had lasted this long without his effort.

Good luck all old BHs, hope we all find new places to grow in PE. Cheers all

very sad day :(

Thanks for the post Hooters!

One of my very first friends in-game, and my first HOF was with Summer from Boar Hunters(I couldn't kill an ambul by myself so she took pity on me), and I had many many other nice experiences with BH. I always equated BH to = friend regardless if I actually knew a particular member or not. They seemed to always attract good people! :) I think they had grown to like 30+ very active members at one point. Very Impressive!

Anyway, thanks BH for the good times and support. You will be missed! And yeah, M2S is happy to take them! :)

and i say unto thee: thou shalt joinith Death Legion, for those other goofballs are teh lose.

This can happen to lots a society's, this proofs how much work it is. And even with lots a effort it sometimes isnt meant to be.

gl in finding a new soc.

Sorry to see you go

I have only been playing for 6 months, but i have to say that the Boar Hunters were very helpful to me with advice and tips (and Steeles flights) it is very sad to see such a society break up. They are one of the few socs that you can trust and i hope you guys will reform someday.

Many many thanks

Jason 'Jay' Carr

ah, BH is almost dead eh?

sucks when a familor soc name dies.. good luck to you all. :(

Back