A Scam attempt foiled : Big Thanks to MA team and community members for preemptive action

recently loaned and safely returned an Unlimited L2 mining amp

i must be trustworthy :p

That's exactly what a trust scammer would say...

fry_suspicious.jpg

Plus rep! Ty for the story. Let's hope it has a happy ending! :beerchug:
Edit: hmmm it seems your popular as I must spread some rep first! ;)
ill take a pm as well. :)

Edit2: there spreaded and repped! ;)

Last edited:
Bah. I hate scammers.

This makes it even more surprising when people decide to lend me stuff. You know, they "know" me from the game. Know how I behave, but seriously...how much do they really know about me? Yet, I sometimes get to play around with items which are quite costly.
That is trust. That is the foundation of our Universe.

And that trust mustn't be violated. So... time for an angry mob to go after Mr.X :)

MindArk needs to return these items to the rightful owners.

Thank You Everyone for your kind words of support and the +reps. I will update the thread with details once MA have reached a solution to the issue.

It was refreshing to hear your side of the story Red. Appreciate the effort.

Cheers,

Divinity

+1 rep - Ty Helping kicking scammer ass outside of Entropia !

+rep Div

I think with these things its always best to bring them to light.

MindArk needs to create a solution because it happens too much. A simple one would be a restricted lending system that allows for the rental of only a few items at once.

Yes.

We can already do this with vehicles.. give other persons the right of usage.. a similar system can be used for items. not that hard to code, since its already in place.

I am aware of at least one Avatar whose name includes 'Mr. X'. To avoid any aspersions on these presumably innocent players, can you confirm that you chose this pseudonym just randomly, and that it is not a coded reference?

I am aware of at least one Avatar whose name includes 'Mr. X'. To avoid any aspersions on these presumably innocent players, can you confirm that you chose this pseudonym just randomly, and that it is not a coded reference?

The person who did this doesn't use the name "Mr X" at all... at least not that we know of

:tinfoilhat:

BIG Thums UP to MA for doing the right thing and Fast..

Hi Deth,

We will now begin to reverse the trades, you will be returned all your money that you payed for said items as soon as possible, in the meantime I will move the items back from you to the original owners and move the PED back to you as soon as we can.

Please be patient for a little while we begin this operation.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Needless to say everyone is very happy :)

Well done MA i am very glad to hear that this issue got resolved and justice was served

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Divinity again. owe you the rep bro :p gona go spread a bit :laugh:

Hi Deth,

We will now begin to reverse the trades, you will be returned all your money that you payed for said items as soon as possible, in the meantime I will move the items back from you to the original owners and move the PED back to you as soon as we can.

Please be patient for a little while we begin this operation.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Needless to say everyone is very happy :)

Congrats guys, I hope this is the new normal thing and one doesn't have to be friends with high end ubers or devs for justice to be served.

Congrats guys, I hope this is the new normal thing and one doesn't have to be friends with high end ubers or devs for justice to be served.

I am pretty sure that we were not treated special , the only good thing that happened was we were able to inform MA about the problem much faster then usual. Now, here's the thing. The 0x0f that got returned immediately was not traded off at all, so its much easier to for MA to return it. In vrex2ksga , I was the owner of the rocket and since i was the one who asked for it to be resolved with extensive data, it was easy for them to work on it. Now, if that is not the case then it becomes to tricky for MA because "all trades are final" only gets bypassed if it is a proven scam which is not an easy thing to prove without any screenshots of trades etc.

If they started reversing trades based on every support case, it could turn into a nightmare for trading and we would all need to start being extra careful with every transaction we do with anyone in the game.

I do hope everyone has become wiser with the incident and hopefully we can prevent such incidences from happening in the future.

Once again, TY MA for doing the right thing and big gratz to Many and Red :)

I am pretty sure that we were not treated special , the only good thing that happened was we were able to inform MA about the problem much faster then usual. Now, here's the thing. The 0x0f that got returned immediately was not traded off at all, so its much easier to for MA to return it. In vrex2ksga , I was the owner of the rocket and since i was the one who asked for it to be resolved with extensive data, it was easy for them to work on it. Now, if that is not the case then it becomes to tricky for MA because "all trades are final" only gets bypassed if it is a proven scam which is not an easy thing to prove without any screenshots of trades etc.

If they started reversing trades based on every support case, it could turn into a nightmare for trading and we would all need to start being extra careful with every transaction we do with anyone in the game.

I do hope everyone has become wiser with the incident and hopefully we can prevent such incidences from happening in the future.

Once again, TY MA for doing the right thing and big gratz to Many and Red :)

Even six months ago this would not have been possible. I am going to assume the belief that this is a new company policy from the new CEO. Long may he reign :yay:

Well for better or for worse I have just learnt that MA has unlocked his avatar, I guess something in EULA prevents them from banning or something. Do spread the word around as I cannot name "Mr. X" and seems MA can't ban him either.

Well you cant proove he trying to cheat when items are in his akount . Atleast you did a great job out there :) i will spread the name at my friend list :) GL

Well for better or for worse I have just learnt that MA has unlocked his avatar, I guess something in EULA prevents them from banning or something. Do spread the word around as I cannot name "Mr. X" and seems MA can't ban him either.

oh i remember that guy, speed racers brother.

edit: oh wait that was Racer X, now i know why you can't name people, Racer X would of been outed as a scammer when really he was Speed racers older brother who was just trying to make sure his kid brother was safe but was misunderstood.. poor Racer X.

Since the scammer is back on the streets lets all hunt in team for the next month with teamnames such as "Qxxxx is MR.X "

Even six months ago this would not have been possible. I am going to assume the belief that this is a new company policy from the new CEO. Long may he reign :yay:

Me too. I screenshot all my lending with clear pm chat that it is being borrowed. It is good to know this might actually help in the event this ever happens to me.

I am proud of MA if this will be the case going forward. Only time will tell.

MA would be amazed if they knew how important something like this was to a heavy depositor like me. I was on the verge of quitting again for a long time because of the damn hit boxes, but this gives me hope that they will continue to try to fix stuff, make things better, and do whats right.

Good job all involved, and good job MA.

Last edited:
Good job MA... This is a much needed step in the right direction

It's good to see shit like this getting sorted out, and also displaying there are honest and honorable persons in EU. I'm also cautiously optimistic about MA's new customer service attempt.

That said, there were a few things I'd like to comment on.

Divinity said:
Big Thanks to Charlie for the pro activeness shown.
Credit where credit is due. This is not one of those occasions.

Charlie was reactive. Proactive would have been to implement a safe lending system before even going live (with PE).

Also, I'm - like others it seems - left with the lingering feeling this would not at all have gone so smooth if you hadn't had an effectively direct channel into MA HQ (or at least indirect, via Linzey). You experienced ten minutes turn-around. Some support cases have (anecdotally) over ten months turn-around (and more).

This suggest special treatment. Perhaps it's based on how much money is involved, or maybe it's just getting a direct channel into MA, it still reeks of special treatment.

I'm glad it gets sorted out, but this is a "special case". Let's see in a year if this has become the norm. THAT would be something to celebrate. Until then, they joy for seeing it solved is quite a bit dampened by the (seeming) fact it requires special channels (directly into MA HQ) to solve issues like this.

HardWrath said:
MindArk needs to create a solution because it happens too much.
How many years have we (the community) been saying that? How many years have MA ignored that request? Subtract the two numbers, and you might get a number equalling how many fucks MA so far have given about this and us (its customers).

Sunsout Gunsout said:
MA would be amazed if they knew how important something like this was to a heavy depositor like me.
I don't think they'd be amazed. They obviously know this, and equally obviously don't consider it important enough to act upon (ref: how many fucks have they given so far?).

Again, I'm very happy to see it solved. This is (by now) also a situation where I think the forum rules to be in the way of naming-and-shaming. In text form.

Are there even rules preventing naming a (by MA itself) convicted felon? (<-- mod, feel free to chime in)

Tamlin, I think you are taking things way too far and a bit out of context. Special treatment? No, I dont think so.

If you would like your own direct line to MA or Calypso staff all you have to do is send them a PM here on PCF and make sure that its not just a PM full of loot-whining-gobbledygook or a rage filled rant as those PMs usually go unanswered. I know this from experience.

On top of that, when you see them in game, try chatting with them, maybe send a friend request or something.

I think what we are seeing here is a policy change taking place... or at least starting too. Regardless though, a new precedent has been set with the last two scams brought to light in the forum being resolved in the same way and as a result we will expect this improved security going forward.

Last edited:
Tamlin, I think you are taking things way too far and a bit out of context.
No, the context is quite clear. I was very restrictive with my criticism against MA, why I also don't think I'm taking it too far. Provided that's what you referred to.

HardWrath said:
I think what we are seeing here is a policy change taking place... or at least starting
I hope you are right. I really do. That would constitute one of the largest and most requested changes in how MA treats its customers since... as long as I know of.

HardWrath said:
Regardless though, a new precedent has been set with the last two scams brought to light in the forum being resolved in the same way and as a result we will expect this improved security going forward.
It was a good outcome. But again, this was once single instance after an ocean of badly handled cases, and only after one of the known honorable and honest avatars in EU acted. You can't judge MA by this single reaction, after probably millions of inactions.

I'm carefully optimistic, but MA has a LOT of bad history working against it, forcing MA to prove a change in course.

As for "improved security" I think you're reading way, way too much into this. It was one or a few avatar(s) with direct line to MA HQ, the same MA that seemingly now have let the scammer back into EU.

Back